Chapter 19

Missing

                Ren led them to the fridge. Hoon had given him the shirt he had been wearing. The blonde boy had stopped crying by the time they got to the fridge. He reached down to his shoe and Terrah felt stupid for not realizing he had shoes like her with a compartment in the tongue. He pulled out the key and unlocked the door. Thunder, Hoon and Jonghyun were still surprised at seeing the wall slowly slide back and open.

                The twins burst into the fridge. “Yah!! You were going to go in without us!!” Kwangmin yelled as he dragged Youngmin behind him. Terrah smiled back at them. “Sorry guys. You are here now though!” She was about to walk through the opening but Jonghyun stopped her. “No wait, make Ren go in first. What if there is something dangerous in there…” Ren scoffed a bit as Terrah nodded and motioned for him to go first.

                Jonghyun followed in right behind Ren, Terrah and Hoon went in together and the twins pushed Thunder in front of them. They walked down the short empty hallway. Only lights from the ceiling were hanging down. At the end of the hallway there was a spiral stair case. Ren kept walking without hesitating. He had walked this path way almost every day for the past few years.

                At the bottom of the stairs there was a small empty room that had one large metal door with a keypad lock and a smaller metal door without a lock. The twins and Thunder were looking at the smaller door curiously as Terrah, Jonghyun and Hoon watched Ren type in a number to the bigger door.

                Ren stopped before pushing enter. “The smaller door goes to the storage area, hidden by that pile. Also, just to clarify what I told you before Terrah, Jo Kwon put this here and put me in charge of its care…” he took a deep breath and looked back at her. “Don’t hate me for it. I was just doing my job…” She had no idea what was behind the door but she nodded in agreement to satisfy him. He looked back to the keypad and pushed enter.

                There was a loud beep followed by the clang of the door unlocking. She heard the sound of chains moving as Ren pushed the door open. Terrah heard a voice that she knew all too well suddenly speak. “Ren? Two visits in one day?”

                The source of the voice saw the others standing behind Ren. Terrah burst into tears and pushed her way into the room and clung to the man who had a collar around his neck that was chained to the wall. The man was frozen as if he had seen a ghost and started crying as well. Terrah suddenly grabbed his face with both hands. “Daniel!! I thought you were dead!” She sobbed as she inspected every inch of his crying face. “Terrah! How did you find me?”

                She turned back at Ren. “Ren! Take this chain off of him right now!!” She turned back to her missing friend Daniel and kissed his forehead. “Don’t worry. I will call Woosang and we will get you out of here right now.”

                The other boys looked at the sobbing couple stunned. Daniel ran his hand through Terrah’s white hair. “I think you blew your cover Tweety.” She hadn’t been called that in the past 5 years, ever since he never came back from his first mission. She wiped her eyes and nodded, reaching down to her shoe and pulled out her ear piece. “Call Woosang.” She said sniffling and not taking her eyes off of Daniel.

                As it was ringing, Daniel held her hand and introduced himself to the others. Woosang answered. “This is Sangsoo.” Terrah immediately broke down crying again as she heard his voice. “Woosang!” she sobbed out. He immediately started panicking. “Terrah! Are you hurt? What’s wrong?” She sniffled a bit and cupped Daniels face with her hand again. “I found Daniel! He’s alive.” She heard a loud crash and a bunch of orders being yelled out. “I will be there in a few minutes! Don’t move! I’m tracking your location. Does he need an ambulance?!” She looked him all over. “He’s perfect. Bring one anyways.” Woosang started yelling orders to people again and hung up the phone.

                Terrah didn’t even bother putting hear ear piece away and wrapped her arms around Daniel again. “What happened to you?” she mumbled into his shoulder. He pushed her back a bit. “You should explain what’s going on to them before you debrief me.” She nodded and wiped her face again.

                She looked back at the others who were standing awkwardly in the door way. She stood up and sighed. “My name is Terrah Hammerstrom and I am a BTSA agent. I was originally sent here to find out if Hoon was kidnapped. By the way Hoon, that man lived.” Hoon fell to his knees and closed his eyes in relief. “Then they kept me here to find out where all the old technology came from because they are in brand new condition and large amounts, it’s impossible for average people to get their hands on this stuff. So I was investigating.” Jonghyun looked down at the ground and was avoiding eye contact with everyone. “This man here is my friend from the academy and he was believed to have been killed or lost during his first mission with his partner Jo Kwon, the man who supplied you with this place.”

                The twins and Thunder looked excited to know that they met a real time agent. Hoon was crying and laughing in relief that he didn’t kill anyone. Ren was emotionless and just stared at Daniel. Daniel started speaking. “Jo Kwon has been stealing old tech and I found out. That’s why he locked me up here. Ren has been taking care of me since. He is a nice boy. Amber sometimes comes down too. Why are you on such a basic mission though?” he asked her. She noticed Jonghyun’s reaction and smiled at Daniel. “I will tell you once Woosang gets here.”

                She looked over at Ren again. “Ren, can you unlock his chain?” He shook his head. “Jo kwon has that key. I only have the key for the door.” She nodded and walked out of the small room. “Thunder, Youngmin, Kwangmin, will you go wait for the police to get here and bring them down here?” The three boys ran back up the staircase to wait for Woosang.

                Terrah pulled Jonghyun over to one of the corners away from Hoon, Ren and Daniel. “Jonghyun… I’m sorry. I was just doing my job.” He looked down at her face with tears in his eyes. “So, everything you told me was a lie?” She nodded. “A lot of it was. I wasn’t planning on going this far with you. I just needed your information.” A tear ran down his cheek. She reached up and wiped it off. “You don’t need me. Krystal is here for you. She really likes you. Try giving her a chance.” He nodded and pulled her into a hug. “Can I kiss you one last time?” he said resting his forehead on hers. She knew that she probably shouldn’t but she nodded anyways. He slowly connected their lips and softly moved his lips against hers.

                He pulled away and smiled sadly, letting her go. He didn’t say anything and walked over to make sure Hoon was alright. She sighed and looked back at the stairs to see Thunder carrying the blowtorch down them. “Hey Terrah! I thought you could use this to get your friend out!” She smiled at him as he reached the bottom of the stairs.

                Ren had gone inside Daniels room and was sitting on a folding chair that was next to a table with a few books on them. Daniel was explaining everything to Ren. Terrah took the blowtorch from Thunder and looked at the chain. “Daniel, are you ready to get out?” He nodded as he covered his body with the blanket from his bed. She put her hair back up in a ponytail and put the mask on. The chain was really thick so it took her a while to get through it.

                Soon the twins came running down the stairs behind Woosang who ran directly into the room as Terrah cut through the last part of the chain. Daniel took off the blanket as she turned the torch off. Woosang stood there motionless for a few moments until Terrah took off the mask. “Woosang, it’s really him…” Daniel stood up and walked directly to Woosang and hugged him. “Sangsoo, I missed you. I always knew that one of you two would find me.” The taller man just wrapped his arms around the shorter one. “Daniel, you idiot…” He mumbled.

                Daniel pulled away and nodded. Both men were trying not to cry. “Yeah… It’s been a while.” The other police officers came in and started gathering evidence and they told the twins, Thunder, Jonghyun and Hoon to leave the area since they didn’t know anything. Ren was taken into custody for questioning.

                Woosang and Terrah both escorted Daniel to the waiting ambulance outside. As they left the fridge, Terrah spotted Jonghyun explaining everything to the people who lived there. He didn’t even look back at her but she saw Krystal staring at her and nodded at her and pointed at Jonghyun and gave her a smile. Krystal smiled and waved slightly at her.

                Thunder was waiting outside the door to the outside and was talking to the ambulance driver and looking up at the night sky. He smiled when he saw Terrah and ran over to her, Woosang and Daniel. “If you guys are time agents, do you know my sister? Sandara Park?” She nodded and laughed a bit. “Me and Woo… umm… Sangsoo know Dara very well. She was our doctor for our last mission.” He smiled and sighed. “Will you tell her that I’m doing fine?” Woosang nodded. “I can do that for you.” Thunder waved as the three of them climbed into the back of the ambulance.

                The paramedic made Daniel lay on the gurney against his will. He was sick of lying on beds all the time. As soon as he stopped arguing with the paramedic he looked over at his two friends. “So, are you two married yet?” Terrah laughed as Woosang punched him in the arm and then got lectured by the paramedic for hitting the patient. Woosang grumbled a bit and crossed his arms. “You know it’s against the rules for time agents to get married and have a family.”

                Daniel sighed and nodded. “I thought that maybe they got rid of that dumb rule since I got locked up… I think it’s wrong that you two can’t be together.” He smiled over at Terrah. “I mean unless now that you know I’m alive, it means you will finally date me now instead, Tweety.” He said winking. Woosang was about to punch him again but Terrah punched the taller man in the arm first. “Stop that you two.” She said smiling. Daniel sighed and smiled at them. “It’s almost as if I never went anywhere. I love you guys.”

                The ambulance stopped and the back opened. They all climbed out and Daniel looked around. “Why are we at the academy medical building and not the hospital?” Woosang smiled. “We are taking you to the best doctor we have.”

                The front doors of the large building flew open and Dara came running out almost in tears. “Commander Sangsoo! Is Terrah alright?!” She noticed Terrah standing there covered in bruises. “Oh my goodness!! What happened to you?!” Terrah laughed and pointed at Woosang as Dara started inspecting all of her bruises. “We sparred for my birthday. I’m not the patient today.” Daniel waved at her. “I’m Daniel Chae and I will be in your care tonight.”

                Dara smiled at Daniel and introduced herself. “I’m Sandara Park and I guess I am your doctor tonight! You can call me Dara.” The tiny woman glared at Woosang and tried to punch him in the chest for bruising Terrah, but only managed to hurt her own hand. “…ouch…” she mumbled to herself as she ushered Daniel into the building while rubbing her hand.