Chapter 13

Missing

                Thunder was still sitting at the desk going through the books with the markers in them. Terrah and Jonghyun didn’t see Hoon anywhere. Terrah grabbed the laptop and saw it was still locked. “What’s in those books?” Terrah asked curiously. Thunder shrugged his shoulders “It looks like a journal keeping track of some pet. It has things like amount of food eaten and when it was bathed and stuff like that.” She looked over at Jonghyun who still looked deep in thought. “Jonghyun, I didn’t know we could have pets here. I haven’t seen any animals.”

                Jonghyun grabbed one of the books and looked inside. “We don’t have pets here. I wouldn’t want them to dig through the floors and walls and stuff.” Thunder nodded. “They all seem old though. They started about three years ago but the last entry I saw was from a little less than a year ago.”  The three of them shrugged. Thunder looked over at Jonghyun. “Oh, one of the kitchen workers asked for the keys to the fridge and freezer. They can’t find them anywhere.” Jonghyun looked even more confused. “Why are there locks on those??”

                Terrah and Thunder stared at him blankly. The pink haired boy put the books back into the drawer he found them in. “You really don’t know anything about how to run this place…” Jonghyun laughed embarrassed. He pointed towards the hallway. “Let’s go check it out. They can’t get to the food if it’s locked up.”

                The three of them headed back towards the kitchen. There were quite a few people in the dining area who were mumbling angrily among themselves. Terrah found Hoon in the kitchen and he was searching drawers and cabinets with a couple of other kitchen staff. “Any luck?” she asked as she leaned against the counter next to the cabinet he was searching. He shook his head. “We think that Amber must have had them with her or something. Until we can get into the fridge and freezer, we have to eat rice and cereal.” She nodded.

                Jonghyun pushed Thunder out of the kitchen. "We are going to go take a look at the locks. Terrah, can you try calming down some of the people in the dining area? Hoony, you keep searching the kitchen.” Everyone nodded and split up.

                Terrah went to do some crowd control. She smiled at the people at the closest table. “Excuse me, the keys to the food have gone missing so please be patient as we try to find them. Until then, the staff will be making rice soon. I hope you understand.” The people groaned and nodded, reluctantly leaving the dining area.

                A girl with long black straight hair walked up to Terrah and crossed her arms. Terrah smiled at her “I’m supposed to tell everyone that the keys to the food are missing and to be patient as we try to get…” The girl interrupted her “I don’t care about the food. I want to know what you did to Amber.” Terrah looked at her confused. “I didn’t do anything to her…”

                Someone from one of the tables spoke up, sounding worried. “Krystal… Don’t…” The girl snapped her head towards the person who called to her. “Shut up! This white haired girl is messing everything up since she got here.” Terrah stared at her blankly. She hadn’t messed with anything before Amber didn’t come back. No one should have noticed her.

                Krystal turned to look back at Terrah. “Why don’t you just leave? No one wants you here. My Jjongie is just being nice to you because you are new.” She looked her up and down and grabbed a few strands of Terrah’s long hair. “I bet you must have offered yourself to him in order to get a room in his section.”

                Terrah wasn’t affected at all by her words. She was trained to never lose her cool. She glanced over towards the kitchen door and the hallway that Jonghyun and Thunder had gone down, hoping none of them would come out and see this. Krystal scoffed at her. “Are you waiting for someone to come and rescue you? I haven’t even threatened you yet.” Terrah relaxed her body and put her thumbs into her belt loops, intending to just let this Krystal girl continue until she was finished.

                Krystal noticed her body language change and only seemed to get angrier. “I noticed that you are really close to all the boys in your section. Have you slept with Hoony? Maybe even the twins? Both of them…” Krystal grinned. “I bet you let them all in. I am warning you right now, Jonghyun will be mine and there is nothing you can do about it. So what do you have to say about that?” She crossed her arms again and smirked, content with herself.

                Terrah cracked her neck and smiled sweetly. “Oh honey, you have no idea who you are yelling at. One look at me and your “Jjongie” had already decided where he was going to put me.” She took a step closer to her and leaned forwards so that she could whisper into the girls’ ear. “In the room right next to him... Actually, as of right now, I am staying IN his room. Last night I slept in Jonghyun’s large bed, Hoony was there too.”

                Terrah felt horrible about doing this to a random girl, but it was the best option. She knew that she wouldn’t fight her back and it would keep others from trying to mess with her. Krystal had clenched her fists as Terrah kept speaking. “After he saw that I was injured, he actually cried. Hoony was prepared to try and hurt whoever hurt me.” She backed up a few inches and lightly grabbed the girls chin and smiled. “I have them wrapped around my little finger.” Terrah her lips and lightly bit her bottom one and took in every detail of the face in front of her. “Maybe I want you wrapped around my finger as well. Or I could just beat you but I would really hate to have to harm your pretty face, especially the day after I took on 6 guys when Amber ran away, leaving me all alone.”

                She let go of her face and smiled sweetly again. “I hope this clarifies things for you. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go and try and help Jonghyun get food to feed all of you.” Terrah felt really bad at seeing tears in Krystal’s eyes, but she turned and walked down the hallway to find Jonghyun and Thunder.

                She found them in front of the locked doors. Thunder was standing there judging Jonghyun who was pulling on the locks as if he could open them just by tugging on them. Terrah laughed “What are you doing?” The leader let go of the lock and grinned awkwardly. “Nothing… I have no idea how to open these…” She walked up between the door and Jonghyun and crouched down, staring at the lock. She turned it over and saw a large logo on it with a half circle keyhole. The boys noticed her shock. “Why is this lock here…” she wondered out loud. They stared at her, confused.

                Terrah tried to remember what era the logo was from. She went to the other door and it had a matching lock. She stood up and sighed. “These locks should be coated with rust and unusable… The date punched on them says 1924…” Thunder grabbed one of the locks and turned it around, studying it. “These look brand new though…” She nodded. “The logo is the Abloy logo, they don’t have regular keys.” She sighed and crossed her arms. “Jonghyun, we will need to break open these locks…”

                The two boys just continued to stare at her. Thunder spoke up “How?” Terrah laughed “Do you have bolt cutters? These might be too thick for those though…” Jonghyun smiled. “Let’s go to the room where all the construction tools are in storage.”

                He led them down to the middle floor, to a door near the bowling alley and he opened it. Terrah smiled as she saw all of the power tools and construction equipment. She started searching for something that could be used. Thunder and Jonghyun started searching too. Suddenly Thunder stopped “What do bolt cutters look like?” Terrah laughed “They look like giant pliers or really big awkward scissors.” He nodded and went back to looking around.

                They couldn’t find any bolt cutters. Jonghyun sighed “I never thought we would need those here… Now what are we going to do?” Terrah saw a blow torch in the corner. She put it onto its cart with the mask and gloves. “We will use this. Thunder, grab one of the sledge hammers.” He nodded and grabbed it as Terrah led the way out of the room. Jonghyun closed the door behind them and ran after them.

                They got a few strange looks as they made their way back to the locked doors. Hoon was standing there and looked shocked at seeing them bringing a blow torch and a sledgehammer with them. Thunder handed the heavy hammer over to Hoon as Terrah stopped in front of the fridge door. She smiled at the boys. “Don’t worry, I was actually trained how to use this.” She explained as she tied her long white hair up into a ponytail.

                Terrah put the mask on top of her head and put the gloves on. “Stand back. I’m not sure how much it will spark.” She looked over at Hoon. “Hoony, when I tell you, hit the lock with the hammer.” He nodded as she turned the gas on and sparked the end. The boys all jumped at the rushing fire sound. She put the mask down in front of her face and controlled the gas to where it was burning hot enough to melt the lock. The boys stared in awe as she sent a few sparks flying past as she started melting the metal around the lock.

                “Now!” she yelled at Hoon. He swung the hammer against the lock as she got out of the way. The first lock snapped where she had heated it up, but Hoon had dented the door a bit. She lifted the mask and smiled as she picked up the broken lock. “One down, one to go.” She quickly moved over the other door and Hoon followed with the hammer.

                Jonghyun couldn’t take his eyes off of Terrah. He couldn’t believe that she knew how to do so many things. She didn’t put the mask down this time as she heated the lock. The leaders jaw dropped as her face lit up from the fire. Thunder noticed him staring and elbowed him slightly. Jonghyun blinked a few times and looked over at the pink haired boy. “Why did Heechul have to give her white hair?” Thunder laughed a bit and shrugged.

                Both Jonghyun and Thunder jumped as Hoon hit the last lock with the sledgehammer. Terrah turned off the blow torch and took off the mask and gloves. She turned towards Jonghyun and saw how he was looking at her. She smiled as she let her hair down, untangling it with her fingers, knowing exactly what she was doing. Jonghyun blushed slightly. “Did you try to see if the door opened?” she asked pointing at the fridge door.

                Jonghyun shook his head no and elbowed Thunder who went and tried to open the door. It popped open with no problem. Hoon tried the freezer door and it was open now too. “That was easy.” She said smiling at Jonghyun again.

                Hoon set the sledgehammer down against the wall. “Jonghyun? Will you come help me get some of the stuff out of the freezer?” He snapped out of it and nodded, awkwardly walking past Terrah into the freezer.

                Terrah laughed to herself, thinking that Jonghyun was going to be easier to get information out of than Hoon was. Thunder was standing awkwardly by the fridge door. She opened the door to the fridge and motioned for him to come inside. “Should we help get food too?” He nodded innocently and followed inside behind her.

                Inside the fridge was a bunch of shelves of food. They started looking around trying to decide what they should grab. Terrah felt cold after using the blow torch and saw a coat hanging up on the back wall. She stared at it confused. “Thunder? Why would a walk in fridge have a coat hanging up on the wall?” He came out from behind a shelf. “What?” She pointed at the coat and he looked just as confused as she did.

                He went and grabbed it off the wall and looked it over. “It’s just a normal coat…” He said as Terrah noticed the wall behind it. There was another key hole.