Chapter 20

Missing

                Terrah and Woosang were sitting on a bench in the hallway, waiting for Dara to finish examining Daniel. Woosang suddenly yawned and leaned over resting his head against Terrah’s head. She sighed. “You know, most people rest their heads on peoples shoulders… Not the top of their heads.” He didn’t open his eyes but smiled. “Well, you are too short for me to do that. You would have to scoot over…” he put his arm through hers. “But I don’t want you to do that.”

                She laughed a bit and didn’t move away from him. She liked it when he was like this. Dara was taking a long time, Terrah assumed most of the time was spent trying to remove the collar from his neck. She closed her eyes and slowly fell asleep against Woosang.

                After a while, they suddenly heard someone clear their throat. Terrah and Woosang immediately disconnected from each other in shock. She had no idea how long she had been asleep for and was grateful when it was only Dara standing in front of them. The small woman put her hands on her hips “Commander Sangsoo, doing that here is dangerous. What if a higher up saw you?” He yawned and ruffled up his hair a bit “I outrank most everyone. What is Daniel’s condition?”

                The doctor smiled and motioned towards the door. “He only has minor dehydration and the effects of not eating well. He isn’t starving or anything. He is in better condition than Terrah was after her last mission.” The two agents followed her into the room. Daniel was lying on the table with the light from the handles radiating down on him. He wasn’t wearing a shirt and Terrah could see his tattoos and he apparently had a lot of time to work out in that room.

                Both Woosang and Daniel noticed her smile a bit. Daniel smirked as Woosang pouted. “It’s been a long time since you saw my umm… tattoos, huh Tweety?” Terrah laughed and looked towards Dara who was holding back a smile. “Yeah.” She mumbled as she grabbed the clipboard from the doctor. Dara looked at Daniel curiously. “How come you call her Tweety?” The lights on the table turned off so he sat up and stretched. “I tried saying Terrah and Sweetie at the same time once and it came out as Tweety. So I just called her that since.” The doctor grinned. “That’s so cute!”

                Woosang suddenly remembered. “Oh yeah, Dara, we met your brother. He wants me to tell you he’s doing fine.” She lit up like the sun. “My Cheondoongi!!” Terrah laughed. “He is really smart, handsome too, even with his pink hair. I think he might be taller than Woosang! Thunder could have become an agent if he wanted to.” The doctor grinned and nodded as she took the clipboard back from her friend. “Pink hair would suit him. So Daniel is medically clear. He’s lucky that Ren boy took good care of him. He could have been in much worse shape. I wouldn’t suggest he go on any missions though.”

                Daniel nodded. “Yeah… I think I will just retire. I don’t feel like time travelling anymore. Dara smiled. “It’s completely understandable. So, who do I release him to? His families contact information hasn’t been updated since he was classified as missing in action or dead.” Terrah smiled. “He can stay at my place. I don’t mind.” Daniel and Dara were about to approve but Woosang cleared his throat. “He can come to my place. I have much more room than you do since I got my new place.” She nodded. “Oh right, you got a new house before our last mission.”

                Daniel was getting dressed off in the corner. “I don’t care who’s house I stay at as long as it has food.” Terrah laughed. “My fridge is currently empty.” Woosang shrugged his shoulders. “I think we might have to stop by the store before my house.” Dara laughed as the three friends left the exam room. Woosang led them down the hallway and out to the courtyard. “We have to stop by the LC9 station before we go to my house. We still need statements from both of you before it gets transferred back here as an internal investigation.”

                Once arriving at the station, Terrah and Daniel were both taken towards the interrogation rooms so they could give their statements. She saw Ren was in holding. He had been arrested for assisting in a kidnapping. AO was talking to Ren in his usual cheery way, annoying the usually grumpy Ren. Woosang found Rasa and was explaining things to him. E.Den took Daniel into one room as Terrah followed King into the other one.

                King grinned at her and moved a bit of his dark hair away from his eyes. “Good to see you again Terrah!” He pressed record on the digital voice recorder on the table. “So, tell me about everything that happened.” She smiled and told him everything that has happened since her last statement two days ago on her birthday.

                After she finished giving her statement and filling out the paperwork, Daniel finally came out and yawned. “Can we go yet? I’m sleepy.” Terrah looked at the time and it was 4am. Woosang was still doing paperwork for transferring the case over to the BTSA. Daniel walked over to him and leaned over his shoulders, grabbing him in a back hug. “Sangsooooo, I’m hungry and tired.” He said in a cute voice. Terrah and some of the officers laughed. Woosang glared over at the officers and they all stopped. Terrah just smiled. “Let’s go. I’m sure the paperwork will still be here in the morning.”

                He nodded and stood up, dragging Daniel with him. “OK, let’s go. Food first?” Daniel nodded as Terrah shook her head. She was tired and wanted to go to bed. He laughed as they went outside to his car. Daniel automatically sat in the back seat without even asking. He was used to Terrah having the front seat to be next to Woosang. “So Terrah wants to sleep and Daniel wants to eat, which should I choose?” Daniel laughed and leaned forwards between the two front seats as Woosang started driving. “How about we order pizza that way Terrah can fall asleep before the delivery guy gets there?”

                The driver nodded in agreement. “Since you just came back, I won’t fight you over what we eat tonight.” Daniel laughed and grabbed his shoulder. “Great! You have no idea how long it’s been since I had pizza…”

                They arrived in front of Woosang’s house and Terrah and Daniel stared at it in awe. The outside was all white with mirrored windows and a balcony. He even had a pool in his yard behind a hedged fence. Daniel leaned over towards Terrah “So, is this how much an agent gets paid now days?” She shrugged her shoulders. “He has been promoted to Commander.” Daniel just nodded and followed behind Woosang.

                Inside was a large open living space with stairs going up to the second floor. Each step was just hovering and giving off a dull white light from the bottom. They could see up to the second floor and saw a few doors and another smaller sitting space that led to a sliding glass door to the balcony. Woosang walked right past all of that and kept going forwards, turning into the kitchen. “Daniel come and order your pizza. Terrah, my bedroom is upstairs, the door at the end of the hall.” Daniel smirked at Terrah who walked up the stairs without even thinking about it as he followed Woosang to the kitchen.

                Terrah went straight to the last door and opened it and smiled when she saw a huge bed with black blankets, white sheets and bright green pillows. She closed the door behind her and sighed “I’m taking his blankets when I go home.” She said before plopping down on the bed face first. She noticed an open door leading to a bathroom and rolled off the bed. She searched his dresser and found one of his loose shirts and grabbed it.

                Inside the bathroom was very clean and everything was clear or silver chrome. She closed the door and inspected the standup shower. It had a touchscreen control. She stripped off her clothes and started messing with the settings until it was how she liked it. While showering, she found herself thinking about the guys in the compound, wondering if they were doing alright and wondering if Hoon was going to stay there or not.

                After the shower, she put her underwear back on and put on Woosang’s shirt, and it barely went past her underwear. She sighed and grabbed her dirty clothes and threw them into his hamper. She would get them back eventually.

                Woosang and Daniel were standing in the bedroom next to the dresser when she came out of the bathroom drying her hair with a towel. Both men just stared at her till she laughed at them. “I took your shirt, I know you don’t mind.” Woosang just nodded blankly as Daniel stood there gawking. Woosang suddenly came back to his senses and elbowed Daniel. “It’s rude to stare!” He laughed and rubbed his arm. “The only girl I have seen in the past couple years is Amber! You really expect me not to stare?” The older man just shrugged his shoulders. Terrah smiled. “Ren looks more like a girl than Amber does.” He nodded as he understood.

                He handed Daniel some clothes and pushed him towards the door. Daniel laughed as he got pushed out into the hall. “Goodnight Terrah!” he yelled as Woosang led him to the guest room. Terrah laughed and threw the towel onto the side of the bed and climbed under the covers. She let out a relieved sigh. She couldn’t be happier than she was right now. She had both her boys back after spending the last few years thinking it would never happen again. 

                She looked on Woosang’s night stand and he had the same photo she had on her dresser of the three of them but he also had one of just the two of them from when they were dating. She remembered that photo because Daniel took it and then yelled at the two of them for being all lovey dovey in front of him.

                She curled up and got comfortable and then groaned. The light was still on and she didn’t want to get up to turn it off. She heard the door open again and she rolled over onto her back and made a fake grumpy face. Woosang laughed at her. “Forgot to turn the light off?” he said as he walked past the light switch and grabbed her towel off the side of the bed. She nodded and rolled back onto her side, watching him walk towards the bathroom. He tossed the towel inside the hamper and went over to his dresser to grab himself a pair of shorts. “I will turn the light off in a second.” He said as he stripped off his shirt and threw that into the hamper as well. He smirked at her. “Close your eyes if you don’t want to see.” She laughed a bit and covered her eyes with the blanket.

                She uncovered her eyes when she felt him climb onto the bed and get under the blankets. The lights were still on as he wrapped his arms around her. She looked back at him. “You didn’t turn them off.” He laughed and clapped his hands and they turned off. Terrah sighed and relaxed against him. “I could have done that.” He just nodded as he pressed his face into her damp white hair and tightened his arms around her.

                After a little while, the door opened slowly. Daniel peeked in “Sangsoo? Terrah? Are you still up?” Woosang to his back and looked over at him confused. “What do you need?” he mumbled as Terrah stretched out yawning, still on top of his arm. “I don’t want to be alone… Let me sleep in here? I can sleep on the floor.” Woosang just nodded and rolled back over to put his arm over Terrah again. She rubbed one of her eyes and smiled at Daniel who was carrying a pillow and blanket. “Don’t be ridiculous.” She patted the bed in front of her. “There is plenty of room for you. This bed could fit like a hundred people.”

                Daniel laughed quietly and crawled into the bed and got comfortable. Woosang mumbled against the back of Terrah’s head. “It’s not that big…” she sighed and situated herself between the two of them and nodded. “A hundred tiny people then…” Daniel laughed and grabbed her hand, entwining their fingers. “Is it alright if I sleep holding your hand?” She nodded sleepily and Woosang mumbled again. “I will allow it for today only…” Daniel nodded and closed his eyes smiling.

                Terrah had no idea how long she slept for but it was the best night’s sleep she has had in years. She opened her eyes and the sun was bright through the windows so she squinted and hid under the blanket. She felt Woosang move behind her so she reached over and patted him on the face. “Turn off the sun. I can’t see…” she realized Daniel wasn’t in the bed. “Where did Daniel go?” Woosang smiled and laughed at her. “Good morning to you too…”

                She rolled over onto her stomach and faced away from the window towards Woosang. They both knew that they weren’t allowed to officially be in a relationship but they still loved waking up next to each other. Today she felt really happy so she just smiled at him. He looked down at her sleepily confused. “What? Is my hair funny?” She shook her head and leaned forwards and gently pressed her lips against his. He smiled against her lips and gently grabbed the back of her head, pulling her on top of himself. She pulled away and smiled down at him. He grinned without opening his eyes. “You got kissed in the compound didn’t you?” She laughed and nodded. “Yeah, I broke another heart.” He opened his eyes and looked at her. “You break lots of men’s hearts.”

                She sighed and rested her ear against his chest, listening to his heart beating faster from the kiss. The two of them had made a promise during their last year at the academy that if they went on a mission that involved them getting physically close to someone, they would have to find each other after the mission and kiss. That way they would always be the others last kiss instead of someone who meant nothing to them.

                They heard loud noise outside and Terrah rolled off of Woosang who got up and went to his dresser and gave her a pair of pajama pants. She slid them on and followed after Woosang to find the noise.

                In the kitchen they found Daniel trying to shove a bunch of pans back into a cupboard. He grinned up at them. “Sangsoo, you really don’t have any food do you?” He shook his head. “No, I have been eating out since I got back from my last mission.” Terrah sat down at the table and watched the two of them attempting to put all the pans away again. “We have to go back to the BTSA today, don’t we? For internal affairs stuff?” she asked. Woosang nodded and Daniel suddenly stood up. “Do you think Doctor Dara will be there?” he asked grinning. Terrah laughed and nodded. “She would be there to give them your physical report.”

                Daniel suddenly ran upstairs. He yelled back down at them. “Sangsoo! Where are your towels? I’m going to use your shower stuff!” not even a few seconds later he yelled again. “Never mind, I found them!” The bathroom door slammed and Terrah just laughed as Woosang closed the cupboard. He came and sat down in the chair opposite of her and rested his chin in his hands. “So, what do you think of my new place?” She smiled and pulled her knees close as she looked around the kitchen. “Can you still call it new if you got it like 7 months ago?” he nodded. “Yeah, because I have lived in it for like a couple weeks.” She nodded. “That’s why I just have my small apartment.”

                He laughed. “You could just live here with me. Then you don’t have to worry about the rent when you are on a mission.” She reached forwards and poked him on the cheek. “Stop trying to make me live with you. You know we can’t do that. It could cost us our jobs.” He sighed and groaned as he rested his cheek on the table, pouting at her. “Our job sometimes.” Terrah stood up and nodded. “I’m kind of hungry too. I thought you guys ordered pizza?” Woosang shrugged his shoulders. “He decided not to order food. We should get ready for work.”

                Terrah sat back down. “I don’t have any clothes to wear. Most of them are still inside the compound.” Woosang nodded. “I think I have some of your clothes that you left at my old place.” She followed him back to his bedroom and sat on his bed as he went into his closet and started searching.

                He pulled out a box that was labeled with her name and set it on the bed and pulled out a pair of jeans and a green tank top with a small skull printed on it. “Well… I guess it will have to do.” She said as she started looking inside the box. It had a bunch of random things she had left behind from the times she stayed at his old house. Mostly small easily forgotten things like jewelry or clothes she had put in his laundry.

                Woosang smiled. “I washed them so they are clean.” Terrah didn’t even bother going into his bathroom to change. He just took the box and put it back into the closet. “If you want any of those things back, you can just take the box home.” Terrah wiggled around in her old clothes that didn’t quite fit her like they used to. “That’s fine. Just leave it in there. It’s useful.” He laughed and changed his own clothes as she left the room to find Daniel.

                The shower was still running in the main bathroom so she knocked on the door. “You aren’t that dirty! Now hurry up and get out here!” She heard the water turn off and the door opened, revealing him in only a towel around his waist. He was holding two different cologne bottles that he borrowed from Woosang. “Which one of these do you think Dara would like better?” he asked as he held them both out in front of her face. Terrah smelled the bottles and pointed to one in a blue bottle. “Wear this one. Woosang wears the other one the most.” She explained as she took that bottle from him. He grinned and closed the door in her face. She laughed and handed the bottle to Woosang as he walked past her.

                Eventually Daniel decided he was presentable and the three of them arrived at the BTSA building. A random student was waiting in the courtyard and came running over. “Commander Sangsoo! The director wants you three to come with me.” They followed the student to one of the office buildings, the one that contained the debriefing rooms and the mental health sector. Terrah sighed and sulked her way into the building. Woosang was trying to hold back his smile as he saw Sehun standing in the lobby, waiting for them.

                The semi-grumpy boy smiled at them. “Good afternoon. Terrah, you will be glad to know I am here for Daniel’s treatment and not yours.” She smiled at him. “I see that you are no longer a rainbow.” He nodded and moved his fingers through his now blonde hair. “I like your white hair. Why did you choose that color?” She sighed again. “I didn’t choose it, it was chosen for me during my last mission.” The young boy looked over her “I told you to take a month off.” He looked over at Woosang. “We will talk about this later Commander.” He nodded and pushed Daniel closer to the infuriating boy. “I look forward to it Doctor. Please take good care of him.” Daniel looked confused as to why he had to follow this young boy, but did as he was told.

                The student led Terrah and Woosang towards a meeting room and opened it up. “The director will be here soon. Some pre-mission info is on the table for you two to look over.” The student left them alone in the meeting room and they sat down at the table. Terrah laughed a bit. “I’m supposed to be on vacation but I keep getting missions anyways.” Woosang grinned at her. “You wouldn’t even know what to do on vacation.” He started moving his fingers across the table and digital files opened up above the table. Terrah reached up and pulled one of the pages closer to her so she could look it over.

                She took a deep breath and grinned, turning the digital page towards her friend. “We are going to be sent to capture Jo kwon.”