Chapter 23

Missing

                Back at Terrah’s apartment, Ren and King sat on opposite sides of her couch awkwardly as she brought them some water to drink. Ren twirled a bit of his long blonde hair in front of his face “So, do you even have clothes that would work for a night club? They have dress codes. You need a lot of black.” Terrah nodded and pointed towards her room. “I can figure something out. So, what should the plan be?” King put his glass of water on the table and leaned on his knees. “I think we should split up into two groups, one to go to the night clubs and one to go to the fights.”

                The other two nodded. “So, who would come with me to the nightclub?” Ren asked smiling. King looked at him confused. The blonde boy laughed “You really can’t expect me to go to a fight club…” Both King and Terrah nodded in agreement. “I will go with Ren and you need to get someone to go with you to the fight clubs. Ren, Jo Kwon was asking where you were in the video recovered from Heechul.” Terrah said as she sat on the floor. Ren looked suddenly worried. “Where do you usually go meet him at?” she continued asking. He sighed and fidgeted with his nails. “He usually tells me where to meet him. “

                King suddenly got up and went into the kitchen, talking on his phone. Terrah ignored him and kept her attention on Ren. He continued explaining. “I never really had to contact him on my own. He always calls me from different numbers and meets at different places. We could try the club where he first approached me?” Terrah nodded. “It’s risky but it’s all we have. You know I only trust you because Daniel seems to trust you.” Ren nodded. “Daniel talked about you and Sangsoo often. I won’t lie to you for Daniel’s sake.” She stood up and smiled. “Also, you are aware that I am capable of killing you with my bare hands if you try to escape or set me up.” Ren gulped a bit and nodded as Terrah pointed towards her room. “Now come help me find clothes that suits the dress code at this particular club.”

                Ren excitedly followed her into her room and opened her closet before she could even point to it. He started going through her entire wardrobe as King came into the room. “The other officers aren’t able to assist me but I did find someone who would be able to help me. You remember Hoon’s friend you had us look up when Hoon thought he killed someone?” Terrah nodded. “Eli?” King nodded. “He has agreed to come with me.” Ren turned away from the closet, curious “How come you have the phone number for Hoony’s friend?”

                King sat on the edge of the bed and shrugged “He was scared of being in trouble with the guys who run the fight club he was at, so we exchanged numbers.” Ren shrugged and went back to looking in the closet. Terrah leaned against her dresser. “Is it safe to take him to the fight clubs?” King nodded. “His debt was paid by the Yeo’s and if we are going only to watch then there is no problem.”

                Ren suddenly threw a skinny black dress at Terrah as she kept talking to King. “The Yeo’s? So did Hoon make it back home?” King nodded. “That’s what Eli said. He showed up this morning. He said he’s at Hoon’s house right now. That’s where I’m supposed to pick him up at.” Terrah grabbed the dress and went into the bathroom to put it on, still talking through the door. “So we can question Hoon when we get there?” King nodded, even though she couldn’t see it. “Yeah, if his mother lets us.”

                Terrah came out of the bathroom wearing the dress Ren had picked out for her. The tight black material was clinging to her perfectly and it was just long enough to cover what needed to be covered. Ren nodded at her approvingly as King gaped at her. She looked herself over in her mirror. “I guess I got taller since the last time I wore this.” Ren was now going through her accessories. “How come you didn’t take this dress with you to the compound? You could have gotten more than just Jonghyun.” Terrah laughed. “I don’t like this dress much. It doesn’t give me anywhere to hide weapons.”

                Both King and Ren just looked at her stupidly. King remembered her birthday. “You are a weapon…” Ren remembered what he had heard about her with fighting off the guys she thought were trying to take Amber. “You don’t even use guns.” Terrah nodded. “That’s true.” She tried to pull the dress down a bit. “But this dress is so short. How am I supposed to kick anyone?”

                King suddenly blushed a bit and looked away. Ren laughed “I’m sure Mr. Officer here would be glad to let you kick him right now.” King started involuntarily coughing as Terrah glanced over at Ren. “I will kick you in the face.” Ren smiled and nodded, handing her a pair of shoes, black heels with sliver buckles. Terrah shook her head and grabbed a different pair of heels, ones that covered her whole foot and had spiked studs along the backside. “These shoes are weapons.” She looked at what Ren was wearing. “You need clothes too.”

                He pointed at the bed and she saw that he had already raided her clothes for things he could wear. He went into the bathroom and quickly came back out in tight black pants with tears in them and a tight fitted white shirt with some scarves around his neck. “I’m ready to go.” Terrah grabbed a hair tie and put it on her wrist and put her phone piece in her ear. “Let’s go.” She looked over at King who was still avoiding looking at her. “King, tell the Yeo’s we are on our way.” He immediately started typing away on his bracelet.

                At the Yeo’s house, Terrah recognized Hoon sitting on the large front stairs leading up to a huge house. Next to him was a man with a blonde Mohawk and an eyebrow piercing. She assumed that must be Eli. King got out of the car first to greet the boys waiting for them. Terrah turned back to look at Ren before getting out of the car. “Now, I don’t know what Hoon knows. So you stay in the car until I motion for you to get out.” Ren nodded and sighed as he slumped against the back seat, staring at his wrist.

                Terrah noticed that Eli and Hoon were staring at the car curiously. Hoon looked confused at seeing her and Ren in the car. She stepped out of the car and stood up, tying her white hair up into a ponytail again. “Hello Hoon. Glad to see you made it home safely.” She said smiling at him. She looked over at the blonde boy who was quite obviously staring at how short her dress was. “You must be Eli? I heard about you.” Both Hoon and Eli just nodded. Eli leaned towards King and mumbled. “She’s a cop?”

                King nodded as Terrah laughed. “I’m actually a BTSA Time Agent. I’m Terrah Hammerstrom, nice to meet you.” Eli grinned and held his hand out. “Nice to meet you! I’m Eli Kim.” She smiled and shook his hand. She looked over at Hoon. “Hoon, if you wouldn’t mind answering a few questions for me?” Hoon nodded as he motioned for them to follow him into the house. Terrah called back to Ren to come out and follow them.

                Inside of Hoon’s house, his mother and older brother were very excited to finally meet the agent who found their missing Hoon. Mrs. Yeo quickly had snacks and tea brought out for all of them. Ren and King were more than glad to help themselves. Terrah however, kept to business. She had sat down across the table from Hoon and his family. “Hoon, first things first, How come you left the compound?” He smiled awkwardly and looked over at his mom. “After finding out I didn’t kill anyone, I just really wanted to come home.”

                Terrah smiled over at Hoon’s mother who was just glowing over having her boy back. “Does the name Jo Kwon mean anything to you?” Hoon shook his head. “No, not that I heard before today.” Terrah nodded “Did you leave before or after the chaos of Jo Kwon and his men coming in to kick everyone out?” Hoon looked shocked. “Everyone was kicked out?! I left after dinner.” Terrah sat up straight and crossed her legs politely. “So it’s safe to say that you aren’t aware that Jonghyun is missing either?”

                Mrs. Yeo, Hoonbi and Hoon all looked stunned. Mrs. Yeo dropped her tea cup. “Jonghyunnie is missing??”  Terrah smiled and reassured her. “We are trying our hardest to find him. We need to find Jo Kwon first. He is our only lead.” She looked over at Eli. “That is why Eli was asked to accompany Officer King tonight.” She glanced over at Ren, who was calmly eating a mini sandwich. “Ren and I will be going to the clubs that this Jo Kwon frequents while they go to the fight club to find some of his men.”

                She seemed to calm down a bit. “I’m sure that someone as talented as you are will be able to find him soon. I will trust you.” Terrah smiled and nodded. “Thank you ma’am.” Hoon stood up. “I want to help!” Terrah shook her head as Eli’s face turned worried. “No. Hoon, your mother just got you back plus you would be too recognizable since you live around here. Everyone would know you are a Yeo.” Eli sighed in relief. “Just stay here in case Jonghyun tries to contact you.” Eli added onto the end.

                Terrah smiled at the blonde boy and nodded. “Well then, Mrs. Yeo. Don’t be surprised if some more time agents show up to fully question Hoon. I will personally refer Commander Sangsoo.” She leaned in closely to the older woman. “He’s quite the looker. You will like him.” The older woman covered and laughed a bit. “Oh I like you. You sure you don’t want to marry my Hoon?” Hoon immediately started choking on his tea. “I’m sorry but as a Time Agent I am not allowed to be married at my rank.” The old woman nodded. “That’s too bad. I will look forward to meeting this Commander Sangsoo.” Hoonbi just rubbed his forehead. Terrah stood up and looked at Ren, King and Eli. “Shall we be going then?”

                Out in the car, King got into the driver seat again and Eli sat in the back with Ren. Terrah immediately pressed in her ear. “Call Woosang” She said before King even started the car. Commander Sangsoo immediately answered the phone. “This is Sangsoo.” Terrah smiled. “Hey Woosang, Yeo Hoonmin has made it home. He said he left the night before Jo Kwon came. You should come question him again. His mother is expecting you.” She smirked as she knew he understood what she did. “Terrah! Did you tell another ahjumma that I’m going to take care of them!!?” She laughed and replied. “I may or may not have sold you out to an older woman.”                The other boys in the car started laughing a bit. “Fine… I will go to the Yeo’s house. You owe me for this you know.” She smirked. “I owe you nothing, it’s your job. I have to go. Maybe I will give you something later.” She smiled as she heard Woosang laughing as she hung up on him.

                She turned to face all the guys in the car. “Right, so we should go to the club first. Then you two leave and head towards the fight club.” She looked at King. “Remember, you are only searching for information on Jo Kwon, not trying to contact him. If you learn anything important, call me immediately.” King nodded.

                Eli looked over at Ren and smiled. “It feels so exciting to be a part of a secret mission like this!” Ren sighed and shrugged his shoulders. “I’m technically in custody for assisted kidnapping.” Eli raised his eyebrow and looked up at Terrah confused, for verification. She just nodded. “Ren is under my protective custody for his connections to Jo Kwon.” Eli just scooted over a bit. Ren laughed and fixed his hair. “Don’t worry I was just babysitting the kidnapped one.” Eli relaxed and nodded.

                They arrived at the club and King parked the car. “So what is the plan inside the club?” He asked looking at Ren. Terrah and Eli also looked at Ren, making him feel a bit awkward. “Well, usually Jo Kwon is in the VIP area, so we will somehow have to get back there, me and Terrah will have to gather attention to ourselves.” Terrah nodded. “How did you get his attention the first time?” Ren messed with his hair awkwardly. “I was dancing and they thought…” he paused and sighed “They thought I was a girl.” Eli laughed a bit as Ren reached over and slapped his arm.

                Terrah nodded. “Right, so we just dance our way over to the VIP area, easy enough. After like 15 or 20 minutes, you two head off to the fight club. Let’s go.”

                The bouncer at the front door almost wouldn’t let them in because of King and Eli but he recognized Ren from the past and they caught up a bit. He ended up allowing King and Eli in as well, even though they didn’t fit the dress code.

                Inside the club was dark, as expected. Ren wasn’t kidding about everyone being dressed in dark colors. It was very monochromatic. King and Eli stayed near the bar until it was time for them to head out.

                Terrah let her hair out of her regular pony tail and followed Ren’s lead out to the dance floor. The next song started and Ren immediately pulled her close to him and whispered in her ear so no one around them could hear. “I’m not enjoying this you know, you aren’t my type. Just go with it though.” She nodded, not feeling offended, feeling like she already knew what Ren’s type was. They danced around each other, purposely trying to get people to watch them. Eli and King almost forgot to leave because of watching them.

                After a while, a tall muscular man came up to Ren and Terrah. He suddenly grabbed Ren by the shoulder and pulled him slightly away from her. “Ren, he’s been looking for you.” He looked Terrah over. “Who is the girl? You don’t like girls.”

                Ren smiled up at the tall man with big ears. “Nice to see you too Seulong.” He suddenly wrapped an arm around Terrah’s stomach and another around her shoulder. “I saw this one and thought, why not just try to like a girl for a day. I thought it might be fun.” Terrah put on her best flirty smile and held her hand out to him. “Nice to meet you, you can call me T.” she winked at him, trying to act like a stupid club girl.

                Seulong looked her up and down, his eyes resting on the hem of her dress a bit longer than expected. Ren grinned. “I see she is your type? Is he here or are you just delivering a message?”  The big man didn’t look away from Terrah’s toned body as he motioned his head to the side. “He isn’t here right now but he is supposed to be here soon.” He finally took Terrah’s out stretched hand and shook it with a grin. “Why don’t you go wait for him in the VIP area while I get to know your friend for a bit?”

                Ren looked at Terrah who just nodded. She could see the VIP area and trusted that Ren wouldn’t leave. The blonde boy nodded and kissed Terrah on the cheek to keep up appearances. Seulong grinned as Ren went and sat down behind the VIP rope. Terrah was glad he chose to sit in a seat where she could still see him. Ren wouldn’t admit it, but he didn’t want to be out of her sight in case someone wanted to hurt him.

                Terrah looked up at Seulong, he was much taller than her and even more muscular than Woosang. She smiled up at him. “Like I said before, you can call me T.” He smiled down at her as he gently put his hands on her hips as the song changed. “What a coincidence, my favorite drink is tea. You can call me Seulong. This is my club.” Terrah started following his lead as they danced to the music. She continued her dumb act.

                “Oh, you are a big man aren’t you?” she said flirting with him to get him to open up. He took that as a hint to pull her closer. “So who is the guy you were talking about? Is that cutie Ren in trouble?” Seulong laughed and she could feel his chest move as he spoke. “He will be fine. His boss is just looking for him. Nothing for you to worry your pretty little head about.” He said as he grabbed a bit of her white hair. Terrah smiled and nodded. Seulong wasn’t going to give her any information.

                Terrah her bottom lip as she dragged a finger across his chest. “You know what, I think I need a drink. Would you go get me something yummy?” She said looking up at him with big eyes, fluttering her eyelashes. Seulong smirked and nodded. “You wait here for me, I will get you something from the bar.” She smiled sweetly at him. “Thank youuu~!” she said as cute as possible. “Do you think I could go sit by Ren so that I’m not alone?” She asked fluttering her eyelids again. Seulong chuckled and patted her on the head. He looked over at the bouncer in front of the VIP area and pointed at Terrah and nodded. She was in.