Chapter 10

Missing

                Hoon led Terrah all the way back to her room. Ren was sitting at his desk and was shocked when he saw her. He quickly stood up and opened her bedroom door for her. “What happened??” The blonde boy asked as the twins came running into the room. Hoon helped her into her bed as the twins immediately sat on the bed. “She was found being beaten and Amber is missing.” Ren looked scared. “Are you alright?”

                She smiled awkwardly and nodded at them all. “Yeah. The doctor said I just have a few scrapes and bruises but nothing is broken. I will be fine.” She made direct eye contact with Ren. “I’m more worried about Amber. She ran to get help and never came back. Did she really not make it here?” Ren forced a smile. “I will go search the compound for her…” She nodded as Ren left the room and Jonghyun came in.

                Jonghyun looked like he was going to cry. “Terrah, I don’t know what to do. You were my responsibility, like everyone here. You got hurt and Amber is missing.” The twins went to comfort him. Hoon carefully inspected the cut on her lip. His expression suddenly turned angry. He clenched his fists and stared down at the ground.

                The twins had to Jonghyun out of her room before he started crying in front of her. Hoon just sat there silently. Terrah reached out and touched his arm. “Hoony, I really am alright. It doesn’t hurt that much.” She smiled at him, trying to get him to look at her. He sighed and leaned forwards, resting his elbows on his knees. “I promised to protect you. We all knew that Amber was up to something but you still went with her. I should have gone with you.”

                She watched as his whole body was tightened in anger. She sat up and rested her forehead on his shoulder. “That’s not important. What’s important is that I’m safe now.” He flinched at her sudden body contact. He blushed and nodded. “Are you sure that you are alright?” She sat up straight and smiled at him, making a ‘fighting’ pose. She flinched a bit. JYP was right about her rib being bruised. That was going to be painful for a couple days.

                Hoon sighed and pulled her against his chest again. “If it hurts, tell me. You don’t need to act strong in front of me.” She nodded and relaxed against his chest. She never realized how warm he was before. He carefully laid her back down as the twins and Jonghyun came back in.  Jonghyun’s eyes looked red and puffy. Hoon stood up. “I will go get you something to drink.” He said as he quickly left, blushing.

                The twins each sat on one side of her as the leader sat near her feet. He smiled at her. “We have come to a conclusion. You will be switching bedrooms with me and one of us will stay in the common room the entire time you are in the bedroom. You will always have one of us with you until you are better.” She laughed a bit. “Thank you guys, but I think my room will be fine.” The twins glared at her. “Nonsense!” Kwangmin sighed. Youngmin smiled. “It is the best place for you and we won’t allow you to say any different.”

                She smiled and nodded. It was a good thing to be able to get into Jonghyun’s room. Who knows what he is hiding in there. “I will need to pack my stuff.” They nodded as she got up and was about to lay on the ground to get under the bed. Jonghyun suddenly grabbed her arm and gently stood her back up. “I will get it. Don’t hurt yourself.” He laid down and pulled her bag out from under the bed for her and handed it to her. “I’m going to go get what I need from my room, you two stay here and help her pack.” The twins nodded in unison.

                The twins started grabbing her clothes from the dresser and stacking them on the bed. Terrah stopped them before they got to the top drawer. “I will pack this one myself.” She said laughing. Youngmin immediately understood, Kwangmin was confused. Youngmin had to whisper in his ear. Kwangmin blushed and went over to the desk and started packing up her laptop instead.

                Terrah quickly put the clothes in her bag. Hoon came back with a bottle of juice. “Why are you packing?” He said staring at them very confused. Youngmin explained everything to him. Hoon understood.

                All of her stuff was packed and they were all sitting in the common room waiting for Jonghyun to finish packing. Soon he came out with two large suitcases. He groaned. “I have too many clothes!” Hoon laughed at him as the twins went to go help him.

                Hoon grabbed Terrahs things and she followed him into the room. It was larger than her other room. It had a big bed, she laughed when she noticed the blankets had dinosaur print on them. Hoon put her things on the bed. “Do you need me to help you unpack?” She saw that there was a wardrobe in here instead of just a dresser, which meant that she would have to use hangers and reach above her head. She nodded. “Yeah, my rib hurts a bit.”

                He smiled at her as she opened her bag and started to pile the clothes on the bed. Hoon put her laptop on the table to the side of the bed. She handed him some of her shirts. “Can you hang these up for me?” He smiled softly as he hung up her clothes. She sat on the floor next to his feet to put her pants and things into the drawers below the hanging area.

                Jonghyun came back into the room and started searching frantically around the bed. The other two stared at him. Hoon sighed “What are you doing?” Jonghyun had started climbing under the bed. “I can’t find Key!” Terrah looked up at Hoon confused. He just shrugged his shoulders. “You lost your key?” Terrah asked. Jonghyun climbed back out from under the bed and smiled as he was holding a stuffed fox. “I found him!”

                Hoon burst out laughing. “You still have that thing??” Jonghyun dusted off his stuffed friend and grinned. “Of course I do! Key is my best friend!” Terrah just sat there with a smile. The leader was proving himself to be very adorable. She could see how innocent he was and why it was so easy for him to be taken advantage of. Hoon sighed. “Grown men shouldn’t have stuffed animals.”  Jonghyun playfully pouted at him. Terrah smiled. “I think it’s cute.”

                It was Hoons turn to pout as Jonghyun grinned. “Well Key thinks you’re cute too.” He said as he headed back towards his new room. Terrah looked back up at Hoon. “Did Jonghyun just call me cute?” Hoon sighed and nodded.

                Youngmin came in and looked around. “Do you have everything unpacked already?” Terrah stood up and sat on the bed. “Yeah. Hoon helped me.” The younger boy smiled and nodded. “Do you need anything? If not, I will go help Jonghyun again. He is having a hard time fitting all his clothes into the dresser.” She laughed and shook her head. “No, I don’t need anything. If I do, I will just send Hoony for it.” Youngmin nodded again and left.

                Hoon sat on the bed and smiled at her. “So do you need anything? Your wish is my command.” They both laughed at how cheesy that sounded. She leaned back against the pillows. “If my wish really is your command, then will you tell me why you are here?” she looked down at the dinosaur print blankets and smiled sadly. “I told you why I was here. I understand if you don’t want to tell me though.”

                He sighed and moved next to her. “I needed to punish myself.” She looked at him curiously. She really needed him to tell her so she could finish her mission. He started moving his fingers around nervously. She grabbed one of his hands. “It’s alright. You can tell me.”  He wrapped his fingers around her hand and took a deep breath. “I…”