Falling Down

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

            Hana stared at her father with wide eyes as she clutched onto her blanket.  Vick was trying to analyze the story as much as he could.  Seunghyun had to be very careful with what he told them because Vick had a sharp mind.  This little boy was going to remember every single detail, and if Seunghyun said something wrong, Vick would never let it go. 

            Instead of telling them that their father and uncles owned a ginormous club, Seunghyun lied and said that it was a bowling alley.  Instead of alcohol, they were drinking juice.  He knew that he was going to come clean about it all when the twins got older, but now was not the time to tell them about all the booze filled nights that they had in their younger years.

            “Mommy had a boyfriend before you?” Hana asked in disbelief.

            Seunghyun nodded, “Yes, but I had no clue that she had a boyfriend when I first kissed her.  Let’s just say that you father will always be better than that man.”

            “Was mommy’s first boyfriend bad?” Vick asked with curiosity.

            “There’s no easy way to say this, but he was at that moment,” Seunghyun nodded, “Okay, that concludes our story.  I told you how I met your mother.  You two need to sleep now before I get into trouble.  I don’t want you two to go to school half awake.”

            Hana protested, “No, you can’t stop now!”

            “You have to keep on going!” Vick begged, “If you love us, you’ll tell us the rest of the story!”

            Seunghyun narrowed his eyes at his children as they gave him a look that melted his heart.  They had learned from observation that giving sad puppy eyes always worked on him.  Yoona did it plenty of times to get what she wanted from Seunghyun, and it never failed once.

            “I swear you two are just like your mother,” Seunghyun mumbled, “I’ll go ahead and continue then.”

___________________________

            “That totally wasn’t hyung’s fault!” Seungri defended Seunghyun.

            It was past midnight, and the five were enjoying a night together in the VIP room of Ardor.  This time there were no extra guests.  They were only in the company of themselves.  Young Bae began to pass out the cards to start another game of poker.  Jiyong bit down on his cigar as he smiled in amusement at Young Bae and Seungri’s interesting debate.

            “Yoona sshi has a boyfriend.  Hyung should have not kissed her, and he should not try to pursue her!” Young Bae said with emphasis.

            Seunghyun sat back on his chair as he picked up his cards.  He didn’t even realize a smile creep onto his face while he put down his glass of whiskey.  Daesung and Jiyong stifled in their laughter to see the oldest one from the five of them smiling like a fool.

            “I bet hyung is still thinking about the kiss,” Jiyong teased.

            “Was her lips soft, hyung?” Daesung added.

            Seunghyun retorted, “Why does it matter to you?”

            Daesung leaned over to Jiyong and brought his lips about five inches away from Jiyong’s ear and whispered discreetly.  Jiyong kept a childish grin on his face as he showed off his perfect teeth. 

            “Her lips must have been crusty and dry then,” Daesung joked.

            “Her lips were soft!” Seunghyun defended.

            He had slapped his hand down on the table and stood up in revolt.  He then realized that he had just become defensive over a woman that he hardly knew.  He sat back down on his seat and nervously his lips.  The four other men were staring at him in disbelief.  They were the four people that were the closest to Seunghyun, and they had never seen him behave like that.

            Jiyong then sat up and observed the expression on his face.  He was up to something, and Jiyong could already smell the plan that he was brewing up.  Choi Seunghyun wanted Im Yoona, and they all knew that he was not going to stop.

            “Seunghyun hyung, she has a boyfriend,” Jiyong stated, “Like us, you break women’s hearts, but are you really going to steal a woman from another man?”

            Seunghyun frowned after hearing that.  He knew that stealing Yoona would be very easy for him, but he never thought about how her boyfriend would feel.  Seunghyun was all about earning everything that he had on his own, and stealing another man’s woman was clearly against his morals.

            “No, I’m not,” Seunghyun bitterly remarked.

_______________________

One week later…

            The nine women were on their sixth hour of practicing for their upcoming concert.  They were going to tour Asia, and like always, they were all so excited about it.  Yoona was dressed in a tank top and a pair of loose gray sweats.  Her perspiration had soaked through her shirt, and her hair was damp from all the sweat. 

            “Let’s do it one more time,” Yoona requested.

            For the past few days, she had been a bit unresponsive.  To add on to that, she seemed to be a little less attached and less emotional.  She didn’t really smile anymore, and she never made corny jokes with the girls anymore.

            “Yoona, you’ve been here since the morning.  You practiced for two hours by yourself and now you’re practicing for another six hours,” Yuri stated with worry, “Aren’t you overdoing yourself?  What if you collapse?”

            Yoona pulled off a weak smile, “Unnie, you’re overreacting.  I just want this performance to be perfect.”

            “Fine, let’s do it one more time, but after that, we’re done for the day, okay?  I don’t think you even slept last night,” Yuri recalled.

            Yuri and Yoona were roommates, and Yuri could tell that Yoona seemed off.  She didn’t see Yoona sleep for one minute.  When Yuri would wake up in the midst of the night, she would see Yoona staring at the ceiling with her earphones plugged in.  She knew that something was on Yoona’s mind, but the only problem was that Yoona didn’t want to share her problems with anyone. 

            As the nine of them got into position for the start of the dance, Yoona felt her body growing weaker and weaker.  She tried her best to keep her balance but within thirty seconds into the song, she felt her whole body crashing down.

            Before she knew it, she had collapsed to the floor as her group members surrounded her with worry and fright.

            “Someone call an ambulance!” Taeyeon yelled at the top of her lungs.

_________________________

            “Mr. Choi, the Seoul Medical Hospital is equipped with the most extensive technology.  Our doctors are extremely qualified, and our reputation is widely acclaimed.  If you choose to invest into this hospital, I guarantee a large amount of profit for you,” the representative claimed.

            Seunghyun nodded as he kept a poker face.  The woman was trying to get him to be a major stockholder for the hospital, and Seunghyun still had not made his decision.  Every company was eager to have Seunghyun’s name within the company because everything that Seunghyun touched turned into gold.

            What bothered him was that the woman in front of him was trying to put some moves on him.  She was pretty.  He had to admit that.  Her lips were plump, she had a glamorous body, and she was tall for a woman, but something about her disgusted Seunghyun—she was fake inside and out.

            The woman’s smile fell for a mere second after hearing something from her earpiece.  She her lips and tried to regain her composure.  Just by observing her body language, he knew that there was something big that just had happened.

            “What’s wrong?” Seunghyun asked.

            She replied, “It’s really nothing, Mr. Choi.  It’s just that a celebrity had been admitted.”

            “Who is it?” Seunghyun questioned in an unconcerned tone.

            “Well, we’re normally not allowed to reveal patient information, but because it has already been reported in a media outlet, I guess I can reveal who it is.  They just told me it is Im Yoona.  She’s that member from SNSD.  I wonder why she got hospitalized.”

            Seunghyun ordered, “Take me to her.”

            “Sir, I’m not allowed to do that,” she immediately replied.

            His jaw tensed up as he gave her a demanding look.  Her eyes widened to see how serious he was. 

            “I will become a stockholder for this hospital if you do what I say,” Seunghyun sealed the deal.

            She grinned in happiness, “This way, sir!”

__________________________________

            Yoona felt as if all the weight in the world was on her whole body.  She could barely lift up her arms without wincing in pain.  As she fluttered her eyes open, she saw her members standing around her.  They all had tears in her eyes as they looked at her.  Yoona looked at her body and saw that she was wearing a hospital gown.  Her body was covered with bruises, and she was a bit confused. 

            As she made eye contact with the women in front of her, they all burst out crying as they tried to hug her.  Yoona didn’t know why, but she wasn’t very comfortable seeing them cry.  She hated the sight of them crying from sadness.

            “Who are you guys?  Where am I?” Yoona asked in bewilderment, “Who am I?”

            Seohyun let out a loud cry of sorrow as Hyoyeon hugged her for support. 

            “Unnie has amnesia!” Seohyun cried out.

            Yoona’s lips were in the shape of a straight line as she saw them continue to cry.  A smile then appeared on her face as she began to laugh loudly.  They all stared at her in horror.

            “I’m kidding!  I was messing with you guys.  I know who I am.  I am Yoona.  You girls are my friends and members,” Yoona crackled, “I thought you guys would be laughing, but never mind.  I don’t have amnesia, but seriously, why are there bruises all over my arms and legs?”

            Jessica yelled out, “Yah, don’t mess around with us!  We thought we lost you!”

            “What?” Yoona scratched her head, “I thought I collapsed from exhaustion.  You can’t die from that, right?”

            Sunny breathed in, “Your ambulance got into an accident on the way here.”

            “Oh,” Yoona said in a quiet voice.

            She didn’t know that it was that bad.  At that moment, a doctor walked with two nurses behind him.  The ladies cleared the way for the doctor as the doctor gave Yoona a heartwarming smile. 

            “Yoona sshi, it seems as if you had a very unlucky day,” the doctor commented.

            Hyoyeon remarked, “Our luck has just been changed.”

            She was eying the doctor with a flirtatious smile on her face.  Yoona had to admit that the doctor was pretty cute.  He was tall, fair skinned, and very handsome.  He looked more of a celebrity than a doctor.  He politely ignored Hyoyeon’s sudden remark and took his stethoscope around his neck and checked Yoona’s heartbeat and breathing.

            “By the way, my name is Dr. Choi.  My first name is Siwon,” he introduced himself.

            Sunny mouthed silently, “He’s so hot!”

            The others began to muffle in their laughter as Yoona lightheartedly rolled her eyes at them.  They always did this when there was a cute guy in sight.  The nurses began to giggle to themselves to see Korea’s national girl group drooling over the very handsome doctor.

            “By any chance, do you happen to be related to Choi Seunghyun?” Jessica asked.

            Siwon gave a little laugh and shook his head at them. 

            “No, I don’t have a family,” Siwon shook his head, “The family that I used to have are now dead.  I always get that quest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter