Patience

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Yoona gently smiled as she finished braiding Hana’s hair.  Vick was waiting impatiently for his mother to continue the next part of the story, but Yoona was trying to instill a sense of patience in his mind.  He was a bit hot-tempered like his father, but Yoona knew that he had a heart of gold.  Vick cared about his family dearly even though he claimed to be tough like a man.

            “Mommy, what were you and daddy going to tell us?” Vick suddenly asked.

            Yoona took a hair tie and used it to tie the braid that she had made on Hana’s hair.  Hana looked at it in the mirror and grinned in delight.  Yoona then looked over at her son to see that he seemed oddly confused and worried.  Yoona gently smiled at him and kissed the top of his head.

            “Vick, I told you that I was going to tell you with your father.  It’s something that I cannot tell on my own.  It’s best to hear it from both your father and me,” Yoona explained.

            Vick frowned, “I just want to know, mommy.  Can you just tell us?  Did you get a new boyfriend?  Are you and daddy breaking up?  Are you and daddy going to split me and Hana up?”

            Yoona looked at her son in confusion.  What was he talking about?

            “What are you saying?” Yoona asked.

            Hana joined in on the worry and began to stare at her mother with wide eyes.  The thought of a separation bewildered her.

            “Is that why you two aren’t sleeping in the same house?  It’s been so long since I seen you two share a room!” Hana gasped.

            “It hasn’t been too long,” Yoona spluttered, “It’s only been a month or so, and I told you.  Your father and I are going to discuss it with you two on your birthday party.”

            Vick surprised Yoona when he covered his face with his hands and began to weep silently.  Hana watched in horror to see her brother crying.  Vick always tried to act like a man, and it felt odd to see him like this.

            “I don’t want you two to break up,” Vick cried, “I know one of you is going to keep me, and the other is going to keep Hana.  I don’t want to be separated.  I don’t want a broken family.”

            Yoona’s eyes softened as she gently began to run her fingers through Vick’s hair.  He always found it relaxing, and it was starting to work.

            “Honey, I would never separate you from your sister.  I’d rather die than do that,” Yoona promised, “And about your father and I, you will learn soon enough.  I want you to be patient, okay?  Be patient and good things will happen.  I promise.”

            Hana sighed as she tried to comfort Vick.  She swallowed and then tugged on her mother’s shirt.

            “Mommy, can you continue on with the story?  Oppa loves the story, but make sure to tell us a happy part,” Hana requested.

            Yoona glanced over at Vick who was trying to dry his tears.

            “Will my handsome son stop crying if I tell you a happy part?” Yoona make a deal.

            He nodded with confirmation as he forced a smile on his face.

            “Okay, I will tell you the part when your father confessed his raw feelings to me,” Yoona announced.

_______________

 

            Yoona had never done anything this extreme, and she couldn’t believe that she had actually done it.  It was her first time getting this drunk.  Her vision was blurred, her head was spinning, and she felt her stomach churning.  She was sitting down in a seat in the lounge to the club that she was in as she tried to soothe her aching feet.  There were many celebrities partying, and she knew most of them.  That was what made this club so great; they only allowed the powerful and famous in, so there were never any paparazzi to worry about.  Yuri and Hyoyeon had accompanied Yoona, but because they handled their liquor well, they were still well enough to dance on the dance floor.

            She felt a gentle buzz coming from her phone, and she lazily picked up her phone with her hand.  She narrowed her eyes trying to figure out who was calling her, but her vision was failing her.  She slowly pressed the green button on her iPhone and pressed it against her ear.

            “H-Hello?” Yoona asked in confusion.

            “What the hell do you think you’re doing?  You better get the hell out of there right now!” she heard an angry voice.

            Because she was too drunk, she didn’t recognize whose voice it was.  She automatically guessed that it was her manager’s voice.  The man on the other line was nagging at her, and she couldn’t think of a man who nagged at her more than her manager. 

            “Oppa!  Calm down!  I only had a few drinks,” Yoona laughed, “You’re my manager—not my father!”

            Yoona slouched in her position and yawned to herself as the man on the other side of the line continued to yell at her.  It was nothing new to be lectured.  She figured that the worst that he could do was lecture her and tell her how ungrateful she was.  This was the first night she had time to let loose and have fun, and she wasn’t going to listen to others on what she should and shouldn’t do.

            “How many drinks did you take?”

            Yoona answered, “Hm, I think it was a few.  I remember having a margarita, a scotch, hm…I think I also had a few shots, too.”

            “How many shots?”

            “Four,” Yoona recalled.

            “You better stop drinking right now,” he said in a low tone.

            A waiter then approached Yoona.  She remembered ordering a drink a few minutes ago.  She gleefully smiled as the waiter passed the drink to her.  It was another margarita, and she was starting to think that it was her new favorite drink. 

            “Calm down,” Yoona giggled, “It’s only one more margarita.”

            “Yoona, I’m your boss.  Listen to me,” he ordered.

            Yoona froze after bringing the rim of the glass to her lips.  She raised an eyebrow as she tried to think of who was talking to her.  She thought she was speaking to her manager.  Her judgment was a bit cloudy, but she tried to focus hard to distinguish the voice that was yelling at her. 

            “Ah, is this Choi Seunghyun?  Oh my god, how have you been?” Yoona asked in a high-pitched voice, “I haven’t heard from you like in weeks!”

            “I’m coming to get you right now,” he announced.

            Yoona laughed, “You don’t even know where I am.  You won’t find me.”

            “Don’t underestimate me,” he muttered, “I’ll be there in ten minutes or less.”

________________________________

            Seunghyun entered the club, and luckily, all eyes were not on him.  Everyone was too busy drinking and dancing to notice who was entering the exclusive club.  He looked around as he adjusted his tie.  He was infuriated that Yoona was doing something like this.  She never partied; the first time he officially met her, she stayed in the VIP lounge because she wasn’t really into drinking and dancing every single weekend like the other women her age. 

            His eyes locked onto her as he finally spotted her.  She was wearing a tight red dress and a pair of black pumps.  Her hair was messy, and she had a margarita in her hand.  From the looks of it, it was her second one since he got on the phone with her.  She was by herself, to his relief, but she looked slightly miserable.  She brought the glass to her lips and continued to swallow the alcohol in the glass.  He immediately approached her and tore the glass away from her hands.  He threw the rest of the contents into a nearby plant and grabbed her wrist.  She tried to stand up, but she fell back down on the sofa. 

            “Yah,” Yoona mumbled, “My feet hurt.  I can’t walk anymore.  Just go and leave me already.”

            “No, I’m not leaving without you,” he asserted.

            “You don’t even like me,” Yoona sighed, “Go away, Choi Seunghyun.  Let me be.”

            He ignored every single word and picked her up.  She was fighting to keep her eyes open, but she knew what was happening.  He had picked her up, and now he was walking away with her. 

            He whispered into her ear, “Just go to sleep.  I know you’re tired.”

            Just by saying that, Yoona knew that he cared for her.  He never really showed it, but he did.  His voice was like a lullaby, and she slowly nodded and her eyes began to drift slowly.  She heard a bodyguard opening a car door for him, and the last thing she remembered was Seunghyun placing her inside the car with him.  With his arm wrapped around her shoulders, she leaned her head against him and fell into a peaceful slumber.

~~~~~~~

            Yoona’s body was aching, and she felt parched.  She slowly opened her eyes to see that she was in a very unfamiliar place.  The room she was in was too grand.  The ceilings were too high, the bed was too big and soft, the windows were too large, and everything was too luxurious.  It was completely different from her bedroom with Yuri. 

            There was a digital clock on the bedside table, and she read that it was 4:47 am.  It was too early for her to be up.  She felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist, and she realized that she was not in bed alone.  She shifted her body to the other side, and to her surprise, she did not scream.  She remained calm—bewildered but still calm. 

            He was absolutely perfect.  She knew about his flaws, but to her, they made him completely perfect.  She was falling for him, and she could no longer deny it.  His eyes were closed, and he looked peaceful.  Yoona began to trace his facial features with her fingers.  She had slept next to this man before, but she was never this close to him. 

            “Stop staring at me.  I can’t sleep,” he suddenly whispered.

            Yoona’s eyes grew wide in shock as her cheeks flushed into a pink shade in embarrassment.  He opened his eyes as she continued to stare at him. 

            “You’re tired.  Go to sleep now,” he ordered.

            “H-How did I get here?  Hyoyeon unnie and Yuri unnie must be worried sick!” Yoona exclaimed, “I need to go home!  Where am I?”

            He answered, “I told those two where you were, and they said okay.  You’re in my bedroom.”

            “I’ve been to your bedroom.  Remember that time when you were sick?” Yoona recalled.

            “That wasn’t my bedroom.  I only stayed there because I was sick and I didn’t want to infect my bedroom with my germs,” he explained.

            “Typical rich man,” Yoona mumbled, “Well, I need to go.  I don’t know why you didn’t just send me home.  How did you even find me?  I don’t remember much, but I remember that you did fetch me.”

            He rolled his eyes and brought his body closer to hers causing her to take a sharp breath in.  Why was he acting so differently?  One minute he was so cold and distant; the next he was so affectionate.

            “The past week has been hell for me,” Seunghyun told her.

            Yoona slowly pushed him away by placing her hands on his chest and retracting from him.  She could not keep up with his mood swings.  She wanted him to know that he couldn’t do that to her.  She knew that she deserved more.

            “You said you didn’t like me,” Yoona swallowed, “You have other women who desperately want you.  You should be with them.”

            “You’re an idiot, you know that?” he asked.

            She was about to get up from the bed to walk away from him.  She didn’t care if she had to walk home to her dorm, but he was just so irritating to her.  She noticed that she was no longer wearing the dress she had on earlier.  She was wearing a pair of shorts and a loose shirt.  She ignored the thoughts that raced in her mind and tried to get up from the bed. 

            Seunghyun grabbed her wrist and turned her around.  He was not going to let her leave him.  He knew that he was being unfair, but he wanted her to hear what he had to say.  Yoona stared into his eyes and waited for what he was going to say.

            “Please stay,” he begged.

            Her expression softened immediately; he had never pleaded for anything.  He was the man who had everything, but here he was pleading for her time.  Yoona nervously swallowed and straightened her posture.

            “You’re the most confusing man ever,” Yoona claimed, “You told me that you’re not interested in me and then—”

            “I never said I wasn’t interested in you, idiot,” he assured her.

            Yoona yelled, “There you go again!  Stop calling me an idiot.”
            “I never said I wasn’t interested,” he repeated as he rolled his eyes, “I just said that I didn’t like you.”

            “It’s the same thing!” Yoona cried out in frustration.

            “It’s not the same!” he shook his head, “I don’t like you because I am in love with you, Im Yoona.  You’re stubborn, idiotic, and incredibly immature, but you’re also strong, independent, caring, and beautiful.  I have fallen for you, Yoona.  I never planned to fall in love.  I thought it was impossible, but you made it happen.  I’m head over heels for you, Yoona.  You’re the only woman to ever do that to me.”

            Yoona remained frozen, and she honestly didn’t know what to do or say.  Was he just confessing his undying love for her?  Why was he acting this way?  Was he joking with her or was he completely serious?  So many que

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter