Intruder

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                  Seunghyun was fairly quiet as he recalled the next part of the story.  This had to be one of the more somber parts of the story, and he was a little indecisive whether or not he should skip this part.  He then figured that they needed to hear it.  They were young, but they needed to know that his love story with their mother wasn’t perfect. 

                  “The next part I’m going to tell you is a part that isn’t that nice,” Seunghyun announced, “I had hurt your mother even though she had done so much for me.”

                  Just like that, Vick’s divorce theory was reignited.  He kept silent as he waited carefully for the story to begin again.

_______________________________

 

                  Yoona was exhausted, but she didn’t really mind it.  She had just finished up a tour finale concert with her group, and she went straight to the hospital right after.  Her makeup was still on, but she had changed into a sweater and a pair of denim jeans.  She looked at the man on the hospital bed.  There were IVs hooked onto him, and he was finally breathing on his own.  His cuts were now stitched up, and there was a cast on his leg. 

                  Seunghyun had asked Yoona to visit him as much as she could and tell him what was happening to him.  Yoona figured that Seunghyun was too busy to visit his brother, but she thought it was unfair.  She would skip work to visit her own sibling if she had to, and she felt as if Seunghyun had to visit Siwon himself.

                  This time, Sulli was with Yoona to visit Siwon.  It had been three days, and he still had not woken up.  Sulli stared at her brother as if he was a celebrity.  She didn’t even know that he was alive.  She knew of an older brother, but her mother fed her lies that he had died long ago. 

                  “He’s a great guy,” Yoona assured Sulli.  

                  Sulli weakly grinned as she held her brother’s hand.  It was simply mind blowing that her oldest brother was still alive.  She felt as if she had been living most of her life in a lie.  Her mother always described her oldest brother to be disobedient and hateful, but she believed Yoona more than her own mother.

                  Yoona continued, “He was my doctor for a few months—before I even found out that he was your sibling.  He’s a nice guy.  He’s funny, and he cares.”

                  In fact, he was very similar to Seunghyun.  Maybe that was why Yoona felt so comfortable around him.  Yoona smiled as she saw Siwon slowly open his eyes.  Sulli jumped up in excitement as Siwon’s eyes moved to both Sulli and Yoona. 

                  “Oppa?” Sulli asked in a low tone.

                  “Hi,” he managed to say.

                  He was having difficulty speaking, but he was able to.  Yoona smiled even wider to see that he was okay.  The doctors had to perform surgery on him when he arrived to the hospital a few days ago, and luckily, he made it. 

                  “Who gave me blood?” Siwon suddenly asked.

                  Yoona tilted her head in surprise.  That was the first thing he asked?

                  Siwon knew that he was losing a lot of blood during the accident.  Before he grew unconscious, he decided he was losing too much blood and he figured that when he would black out, he would die due to the lack of blood in his system.  He was actually surprised that he was still alive.

                  He knew that the hospital was short on blood supply because he worked there.  They had to wait for a new shipment, and the hospital even postponed all surgeries that needed blood transfusions. 

                  “Seunghyun did,” Yoona admitted, “He knew that you both had the same blood type, so he gave it willingly.”

                  Siwon was in complete surprise.  He thought that Seunghyun hated him to no extent, and to find out that his own brother saved his life was amazing.  He knew that Seunghyun still loved him, and it felt humbling.

                  Sulli interjected, “I came as soon as I heard about the accident, and I volunteered to give blood, but Seunghyun oppa didn’t want me to.”

                  Siwon honestly missed Sulli.  He had not seen her since she was a child, and she hardly remembered him.  It was crazy how to see how much she had grown. 

                  “I have to call Seunghyun,” Yoona grinned, “He’s going to be ecstatic that you woke up.”

__________________

                  “Daddy, did you ever visit him?” Hana suddenly asked.

                  Seunghyun sighed in defeat to be interrupted.  He gently smiled at his daughter who was eagerly waiting for a response.  The idea of an uncle she had never met intrigued her, and she couldn’t wait to encounter him.

                  “Yes, I did, but we’ll get to that part later,” Seunghyun promised.

                  “Stop interrupting, Hana,” Vick rolled his eyes, “You’re so annoying.”

                  Hana yelled, “Yah!  You don’t have to be so mean!”

                  “Do you two want me to continue or not?” Seunghyun asked.

                  Vick and Hana nodded together as they waited for their father to continue on with the story.  It was normal for them to argue, so Seunghyun just brushed it off.  They reminded him a lot of Siwon and himself when he was in his younger days.  He never really argued with Sulli because of the larger , and he was more of a role model figure for Sulli.

                  “As I was saying,” Seunghyun continued, “After I talked to your mother, your Uncle Jiyong went to my office the next day.”

__________________

                  “Isn’t it a bit harsh?” Jiyong asked.

                  Seunghyun was on his lunch break, but he was working on a few papers while eating.  He had submerged himself in work to cope with the fact that Siwon almost died.  He felt horrible because he had wished it many times.  He wished that Siwon would die after he abandoned the family, but when it almost happened, his heart almost stopped.  He wouldn’t ever wish that again.

                  “It’s not harsh,” Seunghyun replied, “It’s what’s right.”

                  Seunghyun had been pushing prosecutor lawyers to try hard to get the man who crashed into Siwon into even bigger trouble.  They had made a strong case, and the man was going to spend a minimum of two years in a prison.  He had to project his anger at someone, and the man who crashed into Siwon was the perfect target.

                  Jiyong sighed, “He was texting his wife that he was going to home late because he had to go back to his office to pick up papers to grade.  He just started as a professor, Seunghyun.  Show a little mercy.”

                  “Because he texted while driving, he crashed into my brother.  He almost died, Jiyong.  There was blood everywhere.  It was all that man’s fault,” Seunghyun argued, “You don’t understand because you’re not in my shoes.”

                  Jiyong frowned as he looked at his friend.  Seunghyun seemed so cold and angry at everything.  He thought that his love for Yoona would loosen him up a bit, but in a way, he was still so cruel like before.

                  “Your brother wouldn’t like this,” Jiyong informed him, “And Yoona wouldn’t like this.  They’re both going to be very angry.”

                  “They won’t know,” Seunghyun claimed.

 ____________________

                  “Mother, please don’t do this,” Sulli begged.

                  “It’s called damage control, my dear,” Misook rolled her eyes.

                  Sulli didn’t know what to do.  She had just returned from the hospital, and the first thing her mother did was lecture her about staining the family name.  Seunghyun offered to have her move in with him, but she was afraid that their mother would make the whole problem even bigger.

                  Sulli swallowed, “The press never reported anything.  I’m sorry, mother.  I won’t do anything anymore.  I’ll do whatever you want, but please do not do this to oppa.”

                  “It’s already done,” Misook grinned.

                  Sulli stared at the witch she had had for a mother.  What had ever happened to her?  Her dark lipstick matched her heart; she pressed her lips against the rim of her wine glass as it stained the clear glass.  Sulli continued to sit down on the sofa across from her mother with a straight posture.  She felt just like a robot.  She had to talk a certain way, sit a certain way, and walk a certain way.  She did it all for the sake of the family, but she was growing tired of it.  She didn’t know if she could handle her mother anymore.  She felt as if leaving the household was now inevitable.

________________________

                  “I don’t understand, Seunghyun!” Yoona grunted, “Visit your brother, please.”

                  Yoona still had her makeup on because she had just finished a photo s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter