Control

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “It’s almost 11 pm,” Seunghyun said after glancing at the watch, “You two need to go to sleep already.”

            “No, we can’t!” Vick complained, “You started it, and you need to finish!”

            Seunghyun shook his head, “I’m so sorry, but I can’t.  Your mother would kill me if she found out that you two stayed up this late. She’d think that I am not capable of taking care of you two.  She’s going to take you two away from me!”

            “No, she’s not!” Hana shook her head, “Please, daddy!  Just tell us one more part of the story.”

            “Fine, but only one more part, okay?” he negotiated.

            “Yes!” Vick and Hana agreed

________________________

 

 

            The five had just finished their workday, and they were now enjoying a little leisure time in the private lounge in their club, Ardor.  The other four were surprised to see that Seunghyun didn’t have a glass of wine in his hand knowing the fact that he absolutely loved wine.  The five of them were watching an American basketball game as Seunghyun kept his focus on the very large screen mounted on the wall.

            Jiyong was offered a cigar by a servant, but he shook his head unwillingly.  He then frowned as he crossed his arms across his chest.  Seungri then sensed the uneasiness that Jiyong was feeling, and he decided to poke him for his foul mood.

            “Why is our Jiyong such in a grumpy mood?” Seungri teased.

            A frown remained on Jiyong’s face as he refused to acknowledge Seungri’s mockery.  Young Bae and Daesung joined in on the laughter because they knew why he was so cranky. 

            Young Bae laughed, “Ji is a bit grouchy because his girlfriend isn’t letting him smoke.”

            Jiyong had been smoking since he was 18, so it was a pretty hard habit to break.  He ignored the laughs and joined Seunghyun in the silence of watching the basketball game on the television.

             “Why does he even listen to her?” Daesung giggled, “I thought he was untamable.”

            “Jessica won’t kiss him if he smokes,” Young Bae provided insight.

            Seungri nodded with agreement as he lightheartedly slapped Jiyong’s shoulder.  Jiyong’s eyes narrowed down to a glare as he continued to drown out their teasing.

            Seungri consoled, “Hyung, I understand you.  You love smoking, and you also love Jessica.  Well, I’m not sure if you love her.  Maybe you just love having with her.”

            “Yah, stop it!” Jiyong finally exclaimed.

            “I understand you, hyung!” Seungri promised, “You’re only halting from smoking so that you can get into bed with her.  It’s completely understandable.”

            Usually, Jiyong would laugh and agree with him.  All of them had experience in womanizing but to different degrees.  With Seungri as the biggest playboy and Young Bae as the least one, Seungri could always rely on Jiyong to joke with about , alcohol, and others’ stupidity.  Instead of joining in on the joke, Jiyong remained absolutely silent.

            “Hyung,” Seungri gasped, “Don’t tell me you love her.”

            Jiyong swallowed, “I don’t know, okay?”

            Daesung and Young Bae stared with dropped jaws as Seunghyun looked on with disbelief.  If it were true that Jiyong was in love with Jessica, he would be the first one to fall in love from the five of them.

            “Whoa, this is going to change our group,” Daesung mumbled.

            Seungri nodded, “Hell yes, it will!  Hyung, do you know the consequences?  What if you get married and have kids?  We cannot be bringing little children with us to our crazy nights.”
            Jiyong stood up in protest and glared at Seungri, Daesung, and Young Bae.

            “Stop assuming things!” he yelled, “I don’t know if I’m in love with her, okay?  It’s too early to say anything.  I’ve only known her for a few months, and the issue of marriage is coming up too early.  Stop thinking about me getting married and having children.  The only thing that I want to get passed through right now is Jessica’s concert.  She’s making me go to SNSD’s concert tonight,” Jiyong sighed.

            Seunghyun finally spoke, “SNSD is having a concert tonight?”

            “Yeah,” Jiyong nodded, “I have to go or Jessica would probably kill me.”

            “Do you have any extra tickets?” Seunghyun asked with eagerness.

            “Yeah, I got one for you,” Jiyong smirked, “I figured that you would want to go.”

___________________

            Seunghyun knew that SNSD was a big deal in South Korea, but he didn’t know that they were this big.  There were thousands of people impacted in one building to watch nine women perform ballads and dancing songs.  Seunghyun, Daesung, and Jiyong were sitting in the VIP box that separated them from the large crowd.  Seunghyun’s eyes focused on Yoona. 

            She was wearing a pair of shorts and a cropped top as she continued to dance and sing along with all of her members.  He felt uncomfortable watching her.  It wasn’t that she couldn’t dance or sing because he thought she was a great performer, but he didn’t like the fact that so many people were watching her when she was wearing revealing clothes.

            Daesung nudged his side as Seunghyun’s eyebrows furrowed deeper.  He brushed away Daesung’s arm as Daesung continued to smile like a fool.

            “Can you stop?  I’m trying to watch the show,” Seunghyun glared.

            Daesung knew for a fact that Seunghyun was angry that Yoona was wearing short shorts and a short top.  Of course, all nine of them had to wear it, but Seunghyun just felt a bit uneasy.  It even made him uneasy to see Taeyeon wear it because she was such a tomboy when they were growing up.

            “They should cover up a little more though,” Seunghyun silently commented.

            “Can you stop?” Daesung teasingly added, “They’re grown women.  They can wear whatever they want.  And why does it matter to you?  You always insist that Yoona is just a friend.”

            The other four men had been teasing Seunghyun to no end about his growing love for Yoona, but he always denied it.  He had admitted that she was attractive, but he insisted that it was nothing more than mere attraction.

            “I just don’t like it,” he confessed quietly.

_________

            “Hello, and thank you for coming to our concert!” Yoona heard Tiffany’s voice echo through the whole building.

            It was the talking part of the concert and Yoona was waving at the audience with a bright smile on her face.  Taeyeon and Jessica were by her side as the three of them continued to provide fan service for their fans.  Yoona then shielded her eyes and looked up at the VIP box. Jessica had told her that Jiyong was attending despite his very busy schedule, and she wanted to know if he had actually gone through with it.

            Yoona’s hand fell to the side as her jaw dropped after seeing a familiar face in the VIP box.  It was him.  Choi Seunghyun was watching her from afar as if he owned the damned place.  Yoona’s fist tightened after realizing that she wouldn’t have been surprised if he did own the building.  She swallowed nervously and plastered a smile on her face as she continued to wave at the fans.

            It was a sure thing that he was looking from afar as if he owned everything, and it was true.

____________

            Daesung, Jiyong, and Seunghyun walked up to the girls’ dressing room.  Seunghyun was holding a bouquet of tulips with different colors while Jiyong slowly inhaled the scent of the dark red roses in his hands.  Daesung was carrying a bouquet of assorted flowers that included white daisies, yellow and pink lilies, and pink and white roses.  Jiyong gently knocked on the door, and Jessica answered it right away.

            “Baby!” Jessica grinned.

            Jessica jumped up and wrapped her arms around her boyfriend tightly.  Because they had not seen each other in days, Jessica was extremely excited to see him.  Taeyeon and a few other of the members watched with both jealousy and happiness for Jessica. 

            Seunghyun, on the other hand, simply handed Yoona the flowers and nodded at her.  She studied him, but she couldn’t quite put her finger on it.  He was acting peculiar, and he didn’t seem like himself.  It intrigued Yoona why he would even attend the concert.  He always claimed himself to be a very busy man, and it was hard to figure out why he had made time for this concert.

            Daesung held the flowers in his hands as two women looked at him.  Tiffany was sitting on a sofa with her arms folded against her chest.  She knew exactly what was going through his mind.  He was wondering if he should give the flowers to Sooyoung or Tiffany.  He had originally liked Tiffany, but she showed no interest at all.  He didn’t know if it was a bad thing or not.  Then there was Sooyoung who showed him a lot of interest.  Just like Tiffany, she was beautiful, and Daesung was caught in a dilemma.

            “Oppa, is that for me?” Sooyoung asked in a shy tone.

            Daesung’s eyes fluttered from Sooyoung to Tiffany, who seemed more than amused.  She had a crooked smirk on her face as she scoffed.  He was the playboy she had imagined him to be.  Her chest heaved up and down after taking a deep breath. 

            “Well, I’m going to change out of my stage clothes,” Tiffany stated.

            Reality hit Daesung again as he simply nodded and handed the flowers over to Sooyoung.  He knew for a fact that if he gave those flowers to Tiffany, she would reject them in front of everyone.  Unlike Sooyoung, Tiffany was way too stubborn to admit anything.

__________

            Yoona kept her eyes focused on the dark horizon as Seunghyun continued to skip stones on the slow waters of the river before them.  Everyone either went on a date or clubbing after the concert, and Yoona wasn’t in the mood to go to a club.  She insisted to herself that this wasn’t a date, and it was only a hangout between two friends who happen to be of the opposite .

            “It’s good to finally see you without those tiny little red dots on your face,” Yoona teased.

            Seunghyun brushed his fingers past his hair as he gave a small smile.  The sight of him like that was the most embarrassed he had ever felt.  It wasn’t much good timing that he got chicken pox during his interest in Yoona.

            “Yah, don’t tease me,” he playfully threatened.

            His eyes daggered at her, but she seemed unaffected.  It was as if she was immune to his look—the look that seduced so many women.  He finally dropped the stones in his hands and joined her on the wooden bench she was sitting on.  She crossed her legs and leaned forward as she continued to stare at the beautiful river.

            He cleared his throat, “You know how you said that I don’t have a dream?  Well, I wanted to prove you wrong.”

            She kept a faint grin on her face as she looked at him.  She was glad that he was finally thinking about the future.  With a proud smile on his face, he straightened his posture and folded his hands together.

            “Like you said, it seems as if I had already had achieved my dreams, and you brought it to my attention that I have not fulfilled my dreams completely,” he stated, “Sure, I do own one of the most richest and influential companies in this continent, but I never really figured who will be my successor.  Thank you, Im Yoona, because you opened to my eyes to the fact that I need a successor for the future.”

            The two had stood up and began to walk towards the river.  Yoona took off her slippers and dipped her feet in as she continued to listen to Seunghyun.  He continued to rant on about sealing the future for his company. 

            He continued, “That’s why I decided to store my genes and find the best candidate for my future children’s mother.  She has to be intelligent, and she must be—not unattractive.”

            Yoona narrowed her eyes at him as she crossed her arms against her chest.  She actually thought for a minute that he would want more to life than that. 

            “What?” he asked in confusion.

            “You’re saying that you want to store your in a freakin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter