Breathe

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “Okay, I’d be lying to you if I told you that your mommy’s group was not affected by the sudden news,” Seunghyun admitted.

            Seunghyun breathed out as he remembered all of the worry Yoona had experienced when she discovered that the paparazzi was following the rest of the girls asking questions about Yoona and our relationship.  I remember Yoona apologizing to the girls over and over again.

            “Did they get mad?” Hana questioned.

            “Not really, but your mother was thinking otherwise,” I told them.

 

___________________________

 

Yoona’s POV

            Just breathe.  I needed to breathe.  I was going to get past all of this, right?  I felt like I was under a microscope.  When it was reported that I was out in Jeju Island with Seunghyun for a few days, I gained worldwide attention.  I was Seunghyun’s girlfriend in the world’s eyes again even though I was actually his fiancée now.  No one knew except for Taeyeon unnie, and I wanted to keep it that way.  I had just turned off the television after seeing that Yuri was on a television show promoting her new web drama.  I frowned to notice that reporters were disinterested in her drama and were asking her questions about me instead.  I needed to apologize to her for that. 

            “It’s okay,” Seohyun assured me, “We already discussed this, remember?  We all decided that we were going to ignore any questions about your relationship with Seunghyun oppa.  I bet Yuri unnie does not mind.”

            “I feel like I’m ruining the group’s name,” I confessed, “I’m such a burden on the group.”

            Seohyun laughed quietly, “Unnie, you’re giving us publicity.  Bad publicity is good publicity.  It’s fine.  None of us had gotten into a scandal, and this scandal is a love story that the public loves in disguise.  Besides, your happiness is what is important to us.”

            “Yeah, don’t worry, Yoona,” Sunny nodded in agreement, “We’re here for you no matter what.  And besides, we have been promoting for months.  It’s time for individual activities for the rest of the year.  Don’t worry about the group’s name.”

            I wanted to tell Sunny and Seohyun that I was engaged to him!  I wanted to scream it out, but I needed to keep my mouth shut.  It was already a big deal that I was the reason behind the failure of Dasom and Seunghyun’s engagement.  I didn’t want to burden them with such knowledge.

            Seohyun smiled at me, “Just think about your happiness, unnie.  It’s time you start thinking about yourself.”

_______________

Taeyeon’s POV

            “What’s up with you two?” I asked.

            The three of us were scheduled to appear on a radio show, and I knew that they were going to question us about Yoona’s relationship.  I was with Sooyoung and Tiffany, and I felt like something was tensing up their relationship.  They normally got along, but there was a strain, and I could feel its strong presence.  We had just arrived at the station, and the show wasn’t going to start for another 30 minutes.  The radio host was still on his way to the station, and we had a few minutes to settle this.

            “Nothing,” Sooyoung mumbled.

            I saw Tiffany roll her eyes at the response as she crossed her arms against her chest.  This was just stupid.  They were fighting, and I needed to know why.  I wanted to settle this for them.  I could not let them go on a live radio show if they were at each other’s necks.

            “Settle this now,” I narrowed my eyes.

            “Tell me, Taeyeon.  Is it your fault if a guy likes you?” Tiffany suddenly asked.

            Sooyoung responded, “Tell me, Taeyeon unnie.  Shouldn’t friends be considerate of each other’s feelings and not go after guys who their friends like?”

            Ah, I knew this had to be about Daesung.  Sooyoung had a big crush on Daesung, and Daesung had a keen interest in Tiffany.  What a typical love triangle.  I frowned as I rested my chin on my hand.  I was going to give Daesung a piece of my mind later.

            “You two need to look at the situation in the other’s shoes,” I advised, “Tiffany, how would you feel if you were Sooyoung?  It was clear that she likes Daesung.  And Sooyoung, is it really Tiffany’s fault that Daesung has an interest in her?”

            The two stayed silent as they turned away from each other.  Uh, our group was slowly breaking apart.  There were constant arguments despite our love for each other.  I needed to keep this group together.  We were like sisters.  I was not going to let this break apart.

__________________

Seunghyun’s POV

            “They hate me,” she frowned.

            I hated it when Yoona frowned.  She was still beautiful, but there was sadness plaguing her heart.  I knew that our relationship was going to have many consequences.  The public was judging us despite my influence, and their personal opinion was not something that I could control.  We had finished dinner, and Yoona was sitting beside me.  We had been watching a movie, but I could tell that her mind was wandering away from the movie the whole time.  She was thinking about her family, her friends, and her career.  How was our relationship going to change her whole life?

            “They can’t hate someone as kind and beautiful as you,” I confirmed.

            She pouted as she looked at me, “They look at me as if I’m your mistress.  I was the one who broke you and Dasom apart.”

            “You’re not my mistress,” I affirmed, “You’re the love of my life.  Soon, you’ll be my wife. Besides, I was going to get out of that engagement with Dasom one way or another.”

            “And how would you do that if you didn’t do it this way?” she questioned.

            She would laugh if she knew what plans had gone past my mind.  I was so desperate to get out of that engagement that I started to think like a madman.  I didn’t know why, but part of me didn’t want to tell her.  I wanted to impress her, and I didn’t want her to know that there was a desperate, helpless side of me.

            “That’s not really important,” I told her.

            She pouted her lips at me and crossed her arms against her chest.  That was when I knew that I was in trouble.  She was angry with me for withholding a piece of information that she was eager to discover.  She was going to be my wife someday.  I was doing things that I had never done with other women before, but I was doing them for her.  I was like an onion, and she was slowly peeling away at me.  What if she didn’t like what she saw when she had stripped me down bare?  What if she didn’t like the ugly side of me?

            “I’m going to be your wife someday,” she huffed, “If you’re going to be holding things from me, I don’t know how a marriage like this would work out.”

            I needed to give in.  She was my weakness.  I felt like I was Superman all my life, and when I met her, I was hit with Kryptonite.  , I never knew that this would happen to me.  How did I fall so deeply and madly in love with her? 

            “One plan was that I was going to fake my death and start anew,” I finally confessed.     

            There were times when I wanted to kill the persona and image of Choi Seunghyun.  I was tired of being a billionaire playboy.  Women only liked me for my m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter