Denial

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                  The wind was blowing past her hair while she waited patiently.  Yoona wore a maxi dress as she folded her arms against her chest.  A car came to a halt in front of her as a genuine smile appeared on her face.  The driver opened the door to reveal her two little angels.  Yoona crouched down on her knees as her two children ran up to her with glee.  Both Hana and Vick jumped into her arms, and she carried them both in her arms.  Surprisingly, she was still strong enough to carry both of her children.  She had practically turned into a supermom because of them.

                  “I missed you two.  Did you two have fun with your father?” she asked with curiosity.

                  Hana nodded, “Yeah, his bedtime story was really good!”

                  “What was it about?” Yoona questioned, “Cinderella?  Jack and the Beanstalk?”

                  “Nope,” Vick shook his head, “It’s even better.  He told us the beginning of your love story with him!  He also talked a little about everyone else.”

                  Hana agreed, “Yeah, he told us that Auntie Nana was kind of bad.  He also told us about Auntie Tiffany, Uncle Wooyoung, Auntie Taeyeon, Auntie Sooyoung…”

                  Her mind began to drift away as she found herself in a state of confusion.  Yoona froze in her position after she heard those words come out from her children’s lips.  Many vile things raced through her mind:  booze, betrayal, , jealousy, lust, and greed.  Her past was filled with things that weren’t suitable for children their age.  Was Seunghyun in his right mind?

                  “Mommy, can you continue with the story please?  We’ll tell you where daddy stopped, and can you just continue it?” Vick requested.

                  Hana grinned, “Great idea!  You two were both there.  I’m sure mommy knows the story just as well as daddy!  Mommy, can you please tell us what happened next?”

                  “Tell us how you met daddy!” Vick cried in excitement.

                  Yoona found herself in a daze.  Her eyes widened, and she didn’t know what to say to her children.  All she knew was that she wanted to kill Seunghyun for sparking this interest in the twins.  She rarely talked about the past, but she knew that just like Seunghyun, she could not resist her own children.

~~~~~~~~~~

                  The twins were in their pajamas as they lied next to each other on a queen-sized bed.  Yoona was sitting on the foot of the bed, and she was still trying to figure out how in the world she was going to tell her love story to her children.  She took a deep breath and trusted that Seunghyun kept the story clean for the children.

                  “Mommy, we’re in the part where daddy got mad because you were wearing makeup and stuff,” Vick told her.

                  Yoona recalled that time.  Seunghyun was so angry with her that she was wearing revealing clothing for her performances.  He hated it when she wore excess makeup, but it was part of being in the industry.  She smiled at the distant memory and grinned brightly at her children.  It had been a week since she had seen her own children, and she missed them so dearly.

                  “Mommy, do you still love daddy?” Hana suddenly asked, “You still love us, right?”

                  Yoona frowned after hearing those questions.  Why did she doubt Yoona’s love for the kids?  Yoona hugged both her son and daughter and sighed deeply.

                  “I love you two to no extent.  Nothing can measure my love for you two because it goes past infinity,” Yoona promised.       

                  Vick blurted out, “I the TV one time, and saw you with another guy.  Daddy doesn’t want to say anything to us.  Even nanny ignores our questions about it.  And…I heard you and daddy arguing on the phone yesterday.”

                  Yoona and Seunghyun had made a vow to never argue in front of the children, and it disappointed her that Vick had witnessed them arguing. 

                  “We’ll talk about it in a few days.  It’s complicated,” Yoona informed them, “In a few days, it’s going to be the both of your birthdays, and your father and I want to have a talk with you two.  That’s the day your father and I will be in the same time and place as you two, so be patient, my angels.”

                  Vick and Hana nodded with understanding as Yoona kissed their foreheads.  Motherhood did change Yoona for the best.  She never believed that she could love two others the way she loved Vick and Hana.

                  “Now, let’s get back to that story,” Yoona smiled.

 

___________________________________

                  Yoona tapped her fingers lightly against the surface to the countertop as she sat on a stool.  It was a regular thing for the SNSD members to get a monthly checkup by a doctor.  They were nine of the busiest women in Korea, and the management wanted to make sure that they were healthy and strong.  Yoona opened widely as Siwon approached her with a tongue depressor. 

                  “Aah,” Yoona said as he pressed the stick against her tongue and looked into .

                  Once he retracted the wooden stick away from , Yoona pressed her lips together and slouched on the stool.  She told herself numerous times that he wasn’t going to let Seunghyun get to her, but he already made an affect on her.  He was ignoring her, and normally, she wouldn’t care if a man ignored her.  She wanted to know why he was so confusing and hardheaded. 

                  “You’re way too pretty to be sulking like that,” Siwon stated as he looked up from his clipboard.

                  Yoona playfully rolled his eyes at him as a smile appeared on her face.  She had gotten so comfortable with him, and it seemed as if Siwon could sense all her troubles when she didn’t even say a word.

                  Siwon added, “I suggest you stop with that look on your face because you look like an old, ugly woman when you do that.”

                  And just like that, the moment was ruined.  A smile finally appeared on Yoona’s face as she playfully slapped him on the side.  The two friends began to laugh together until Yoona took a deep breath.  It was great that she finally had a male friend, and even though it was just a checkup, Yoona felt as if it was more of a hangout between the both of them.

                  “You don’t even know why I’m sulking,” Yoona said, “You won’t understand.”

                  Siwon may have not had time for a girlfriend because of his hectic schedule as a doctor, but he did know a thing or two about women.  He took a seat across from her and smiled teasingly.

                  “Well, let me guess for you, Ms. Im,” he stated with a hint of playfulness in his voice, “You are upset because of a guy.  He shows that he likes you, but lately, he’s been acting kind of weird and somewhat distant.  Did I happen to hit the spot?”

                  Yoona glared, “I hate you, Dr. Choi.”

                  “I minored in psychology in college before I entered med school,” Siwon explained, “It’s not a surprise that I could read you so easily.  Can I ask who this man is, Yoona?  I wonder who’s making Im Yoona act like an upset child.”

                  Yoona sighed, “You need to watch the news more often.  Everyone in the country practically knew that Choi Seunghyun was in pursuit of me.”

                  He tilted his head as he heard the name of Choi Seunghyun.  Normally, he wouldn’t care about public figures, but he was particularly fond of him.  He knew that he was the richest man in Korea.  Siwon pressed his lips together and swallowed.

                  “The richest guy in Korea is the guy that’s making you so cuckoo?” Siwon asked, “I thought you wouldn’t like him back.  I thought it would be just a little phase.”

                  “He is not!  And I don’t like him back,” Yoona defended.

                  Siwon let out a hearty laugh as Yoona continued to pout like a little child.

                  “Well, I want to give my take on the situation,” Siwon tapped his finger on her nose softly earning him a glare from Yoona.

                  Yoona already knew that she was going to get some kind of lecture about love and life from Siwon.  Siwon always gave off a mature vibe, and it wasn’t a surprise that he was pretty wise for his age. 

                  Siwon began, “I think you like him, but you refuse to acknowledge it because you told yourself that you would not fall for him like every other girl out there.  Yoona, it’s okay to fall in love.  You told me about Hyun Joong, and I know you’re afraid.  I just want you to know that it’s okay to get back on your feet.”

                  “I refuse to fall in love with a jerk like him,” Yoona shook her head quickly.

___________________

                  “Let’s just be completely honest, okay?” Daesung asked.

                  Seunghyun gave him an uncomfortable look as Daesung lounged on the sofa.  He rested his hands behind his head as he waited for his dear friend’s reply.  Seunghyun had been acting very peculiar for the past few days, and Daesung knew that it was about Yoona.  He was hiding something that he was desperately trying to avoid.

                  Seunghyun spoke, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

                  “Did you sleep with her already?  Is that it? Are you tired of her now, but you feel guilty because she knows you more than the other women who you play with?” Daesung guessed.

                  “You speak as if I’m some kind of beast,” Seunghyun scoffed.

                  Daesung teased, “Your track record doesn’t help, you know?”

                  “You act as if you’re a saint!” Seunghyun argued back.

                  “I’m not,” Daesung admitted, “I had my fair share of sins, but at least I don’t hide what I feel.  At least I don’t act as if I don’t have a h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter