Negativity

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “So how was your visit with your mother?” Seunghyun asked.

            Hana grinned, “It was great.  She had to send us early because she had to work, but we had a good time.”

            Vick, who was oddly quiet, sighed as he rested on his bed.  It was already night, and he knew that Hana was going to bug their father about his love story with their mother.  He knew it was going to have a horrible ending.  He didn’t know why he even bothered to listen.

            “Why are you so morbid, son?” Seunghyun asked as he ruffled Vick’s hair.

            “Nothing,” Vick frowned.

            Seunghyun chuckled, “You know you remind me a lot of myself when I was younger.  I was so negative about everything.  You should look at the bright things in your life.  You have a roof over your head, food to eat, and you have your family.”

            “Broken family,” Vick corrected him.

            “Oppa, be quiet,” Hana scolded.

            Vick sighed, “Why did you change, appa?  Now you’re always happy about everything.  I want to know how you were when you were negative.”

            It was an odd request, but it did bring back some memories.  Memories of Seunghyun’s bitter days still lingered in his mind, and he honestly could only look back and laugh at his own self.  He was such a brat, and he complained about everything.  He had the world in his palm, and he could only look at what he didn’t have.  He had the world, but he wanted the universe.

            “Okay, I will.  I’ll continue on with the story,” Seunghyun agreed, “And I will tell you a part when I was at one of my worst.”

__________________________________

 

            “Why aren’t you answering your phone, noona?” Taemin asked.

            It was Yoona’s day off, but she wasn’t spending a single minute of it having fun.  She was cleaning every single inch of her villa.  She had a headband pushing her hair back, a pair of sweats, and a thin sweater.  She had just finished mopping the wooden floor, and she was proceeding to putting away the mop in the closet.

            Her phone had been ringing on and on for the past day.  Taemin, who grew annoyed of it, pleaded her to answer it, but she refused.  She knew that it had to be Seunghyun.  She was so irritated that he failed to acknowledge the fact that Siwon was his brother.  Who knew what other secrets he kept from her?

            “Choi Seunghyun is a self-centered, arrogant, and very secretive man, and I don’t know if that’s what is good for me,” Yoona sighed.

            “Who cares if he’s brothers with that doctor?” Taemin scoffed, “He must have a good reason as to why he ignores him.”

            Yoona furrowed her brows, “I don’t care.  He lied to me.”

_______________

            “Damn it,” Seunghyun cursed, “She’s not answering her phone again.”

            Daesung was in Seunghyun’s office to deliver important files about the electronics that were going to be installed in all of Daesung’s stores and cafes.  He grinned in delight to see Seunghyun in such irritation.  He loosened his tie and leaned back on his chair.

            “I have never seen you worry about a woman like this,” Daesung claimed, “You’re getting a little taste of your own medicine.  It’s usually you ignoring phone calls, but when it matters the most, you’re on the other end of the rope.  Isn’t it ironic, hyung?”

            Seunghyun leaned back on his office chair and looked at the picture frame on his office desk.  There were two picture frames on his desk.  The first one he had was a picture of Sulli when she was a freshman in high school.  He remembered that day clearly because he had dropped her off to school that day, and she looked so bright and excited.  She was in her school uniform as she flashed a huge smile.

            The second picture was the one that he recently added.  It was a picture of Yoona and Seunghyun in Misook’s birthday party.  Of course, he chose one where his mother was not present in.  In that picture, it was just Yoona and Seunghyun.  That was how he wanted it.  It was their first picture together, and he thought it was beautiful.

            Daesung looked at the large television screen mounted on the wall and then sat up.  He grabbed the remote and unmuted the volume.  As soon as Seunghyun heard the television, he looked up to see what Daesung was getting so worked up about.

            “Ok Taecyeon has recently returned home from studying in England.”
            That piece of news was cringe worthy for Seunghyun.  He had his hands full with problems.  He had to keep up with his company and its demands.  His mother was difficult, and his sister was suicidal.  His girlfriend was ignoring him, and now Ok Taecyeon?  That was just perfect.

_____________________

            Yoona and Seohyun walked through the halls of the school as they flashed beautiful smiles.  They were doing charity work for a developing school, and it was absolutely great.  It was great because they had just bought them school supplies, and there was no publicity.  There were no cameras, and the public had no idea that they were doing this.

            “I’ll take the piano class, and you can visit the cafeteria to help cook,” Seohyun decided.

            Yoona nodded in agreement because she knew that Seohyun was so much better at the piano than she was.  Besides, Yoona was more familiar with the kitchen anyways.  She made her way into the kitchen to see it a huge mess.

            She slowly closed the door behind her and saw the horrid sight before her.  There was flour all over the counters, and a bag of sugar had fallen on the floor.  Yoona’s eyes bulged out as she covered .

            “What are you doing?” she asked in horror.

            The man had a white apron on with a confused look on his face.  His hands were in a bowl of dough that seemed to be too wet.  There was flour on his cheek, and his shirt was dirty from all of the ingredients.

            “I don’t know what I’m doing,” he finally admitted.

~~~~~~

            “So what brings one of Korea’s most beautiful women here?” he asked with a grin.

            Yoona looked up at the man before her.  He looked very handsome and manly, but at the same time, he seemed very sweet and loving.  She saw kindness in his eyes, and she knew that he was a good person.

            “What are you saying?  Aren’t you exaggerating?” Yoona asked.

            He chuckled, “I’m not exaggerating it.  You’re rated number one on Cosmopolitan Korea.  Number two is Lee Hyori.”

            Yoona’s race reddened; she had not known that she was ranked so high up.  She cleared as she began to cut out heart shapes into the cookie dough that she had made out of scratch.

            “I really don’t mind much about those rankings,” Yoona claimed, “They don’t mean much.”

            He agreed, “Tell me about it.”

            Yoona looked up and tilted her head.  He had not even tried to introduce himself.  Most of all, he treated her like a normal person.  He wasn’t asking for pictures or autographs.  He was comfortable speaking with her, and she really liked that.

            “Is your life constantly in the spotlight also?” Yoona questioned.

            He nodded, “Yes, I am part of the Ok family.”

            Yoona almost choked when she heard him say that.  He was in the Ok family!  There was something completely wrong with this whole thing.  She heard rumors about the only heir to the Ok family.  She knew he had to be Taecyeon, the only son to the family.  He was the only child, and the public always depicted him to be bratty, spoiled, and full of attitude.  Rumor had it that his parents shipped him to England because of his DUI scandal.

            “Ok Taecyeon?” Yoona clarified.

            “The one and only,” he replied.

            Yoona’s jaw practically fell to the floor.  She was in amazement.  Ok Taecyeon knew who she was, and she felt flattered.  His family was known for their extensive phone company.  They had offices set up all over the world.  His family’s wealth was just as much as Seunghyun’s. 

            “Why are you doing charity work?” Yoona asked.

            He chuckled at her honesty.  He knew that he held the image of an ungrateful brat, and it was his entire fault.  All he wanted was a change, and he thought this could be the start of it.  She was staring at him as she waited for his answer.

            “I like that you’re blunt,” he grinned, “I expected you to be different.”

            “Different?” Yoona raised her brow.

            He nodded, “Yes, I thought you would be a diva.  Honestly, I expected all of the members of SNSD to be divas.  Your group is on top, and the group is taking over the continent.  It’s crazy.  Plus, aren’t you dating, Choi Seunghyun?”

            “We are not divas,” Yoona defended, “And just because I’m dating him doesn’t mean that I’m like that.”

            “Well, he’s a diva, so I thought he’d pick a girlfriend who was his equal,” he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter