Proclamation

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

           “Unnie, you have a guest,” Seohyun whispered into Yoona’s ear.

            Yoona was still in bed, and it was already 11 am.  Yoona had been acting very depressed for the past few days, and whenever she could, she would sleep in for as long as she could.  She didn’t want her brother to see her down like this, so she had been staying at the dorm for the past few days.  Her hair was up in a mess, and she was still wearing her pajamas.  Yoona rolled in her bed and slowly opened her eyes.  SNSD didn’t have any schedules today, and Yoona had cancelled her commercial shooting.  The weather was raining, and the outside setting was supposed to be sunny and bright.

            “Make them leave,” Yoona grumbled.

            Seohyun hesitated, “It’s Dasom.”

            It was Dasom?  Yoona raised an eyebrow.  She had made it clear to Seunghyun that she didn’t want to be with him again.  He had his own responsibilities, and he had lied to her.  Yoona reluctantly got out of her bed to fix her hair.

            “What do I tell her?” Seohyun asked eagerly.

            “Tell her I’ll be out in five minutes,” Yoona informed her.

~~~~

            Taeyeon, Jessica, and Tiffany slowly shifted in their seats as Dasom took a drink of iced tea.  It was awkward on how oblivious Dasom was to everything.  It was obvious that Seunghyun was madly in love with Yoona and that Yoona mirrored those feelings.  They didn’t know that Dasom was forcing a friendship on Yoona.  Yoona had a heart of gold, and she knew that Dasom was a little annoying, but she had a kind heart.  Dasom was just trying to make a friend because no one else wanted to be her friend.

            “I feel so special!” Dasom exclaimed, “I am in SNSD’s dorm.  I didn’t know about you guys because I was abroad for a few years, but I did some research.  You girls are the top act in Korea.  I know how talented and idolized you girls are.”

            “Thanks,” Taeyeon awkwardly smiled, “Is that all you researched?”

            Taeyeon was hoping that Dasom had seen the article about Seunghyun proclaiming his love for Yoona.  She was hoping that Dasom had seen the way Seunghyun talked about Yoona.  At first, Taeyeon was skeptical about the couple.  They were like Beauty and the Beast.  She seemed so fragile, and he seemed too rigid and rough.  She learned that they seemed to balance each other well, and that was why she wanted them to end up together.

            Jessica nudged her signaling her to shut up.  Taeyeon mouthed a few words as Tiffany giggled nervously to herself.

            “I’m here,” Yoona breathed out.

            She was wearing a pair of ripped jeans and a baseball shirt.  She also had a pair of black sneakers on and a cap on her head. 

            “Great,” Dasom stood up, “I wanted to take my new BFF out to lunch.”

            Tiffany choked, “BFF?”
            “What the hell,” Jessica mouthed silently.

            Yoona glared at her friends as she followed Dasom out of the dorm. 

____________________

            Yoona began to wonder why she had done this.  Why did she allow herself to go to lunch with this woman?  She was perfectly fine in her bed at the dorm.  Why did she allow Dasom drag her out of bed?  Yoona looked at the window as rain continued to pour against the windowpane.  She hated the fact that all she could think about was the fiancé of the woman across from her.

            “Listen, there’s a reason as to why I invited you to lunch with me,” Dasom stated.

            Yoona had swallowed the pasta she had in and downed it with the iced tea she had.  Yoona cleared that she focused on Dasom.  Has she finally figured out that she had wedged herself between both Seunghyun and Yoona?  Was she finally going to stop being clueless?

            “Okay,” Yoona nodded.

            Dasom breathed out, “Well, as you know, I’m new to Korea.  I hadn’t been home in years, so I don’t really have any friends.  Hell, I don’t even have friends in Europe.  I just wanted to thank you for being so nice to me.”

            Yoona had wished that Dasom was an ugly, vile, and rude woman; it would be easier to hate her if she was a cruel person, but she wasn’t.  She had been set on marrying Seunghyun for years, and she seemed so devoted to him.

            “I wanted to know if you could be my maid of honor.  I know it sounds a little rushed, but you’re my only friend.  You already seem fond of Seunghyun,” Dasom breathed out with a smile.

            “I’d have to check my schedules,” Yoona choked, “I’m going to be busy.”

            It broke her heart.  When she heard Dasom speak about it, the marriage seemed so surreal.  She really was going to have to let go of Seunghyun.

            Dasom pouted, “Please tell me that you’d at least try.”

            “How do you feel about marrying him?” Yoona suddenly asked.

            “What do you mean?” Dasom asked.

            Yoona claimed, “Well, it is an arranged marriage, and it was agreed upon when you were 18.  What’s your opinion on it?”

            Dasom seemed to be taken aback about the whole question.  No one had ever asked her.  She was always told what to do, and she had learned to accept to do whatever her parents told her to do.  Her parents told her to take English and French lessons, and she did.  Her parents told her to move abroad for school, and she did.  Her parents told her to accept an engagement with Seunghyun, and she did.

            “Well, my parents said that it would be good for business,” Dasom mumbled.

            “But do you want to do it?” Yoona questioned.

            Dasom bit her lip, “I guess.  I mean he seems perfect, right?  He’s handsome, smart, and rich.”

            Yoona wanted to add that he was also stubborn, hardheaded, overly jealous, possessive, and sometimes clueless.  She had loved him through all of his flaws, and she wanted to make sure that his future wife would accept his flaws.  She wanted Seunghyun to at least have a chance at happiness.

_________________________

            Seunghyun had trapped himself in his office for the past few hours.  He wasn’t taking his last encounter with Yoona well, and he had submerged his whole self into work to distract him away from Yoona.  He sipped on a cup of hot black coffee as he loosened the tie that he had around his neck.  The building was empty already except for the custodians, and he was still there to work on more paperwork.

            He rolled his eyes when he heard Dasom’s laughs from afar.  He could hear her annoying giggles through his office door.  Seunghyun sighed and leaned back against his chair as he expected her to barge into the office.  He was expecting her to yap on about how her day went and how much she loved him.  He could barely stand the thought of being in the same room as her.

            “Get out of my office,” he immediately stated as the door opened.

            He froze in his position to see that there were two women in front of him.  Dasom had ignored his rude comment and pulled Yoona by her hand into the office.  Yoona seemed out of place and looked uncomfortable in her position. 

            Seunghyun had to admit that the two women were completely different.  Yoona looked very casual, and Dasom looked very fashionable.  He knew that he was so used to having glamorous women like Dasom, but he liked Yoona’s simplicity.  He actually loved that about her.

            “Yoona,” Seunghyun breathed out.

            He was staring at her as if she was the only one in the whole room.  His vision tunneled to her as she bowed to him and played with her fingers.

            “We wanted to stop by,” Dasom stated, “I practically had to drag Yoona here.  How are you?”

            He completely ignored Dasom as Yoona looked at the bookshelf in his office.  He had done some redecorating in the past few weeks.  She saw a picture of Seunghyun, Yoona, and Sulli on the bookshelf.  She grew nervous to think of Dasom seeing it.  She quickly put the picture frame facing down as she turned around.  In the picture, Seunghyun had his arms around Yoona and Sulli. 

            “I’m okay,” Seunghyun quickly answered.

            “Listen, I need to go,” Yoona suddenly informed them, “I just wanted to make sure that Dasom arrived here okay.”

            She wanted to leave the whole situation.  She felt like a third wheel—so misplaced.  She was abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter