Jealousy

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                  Seunghyun continued, “It was absolutely horrible.  I was newly in love with your mother, and I was forced to keep away from her.  Your grandmother wanted me to pay attention to Dasom, but all I could think about was your mother.”

                  “I don’t like Dasom already,” Hana pouted.

                  Seunghyun chuckled to see that Hana seemed so angry that there was another significant woman in his life during his past.  Vick nervously swallowed as he waited patiently for the rest of the story.

                  “She’s actually really nice, but I couldn’t love her.  I have to be honest; I tried to love her, but it just didn’t work.  It was too hard,” Seunghyun admitted.

                  “Daddy, how can she be nice?  I hate her!” Vick suddenly yelled.

                  The jealousy in the twins was evident that there was another possible love connection besides their mother in their father’s life.  Seunghyun sighed as he ruffled both of their hairs.  He took a deep breath.

                  “You two need to stop being mad,” Seunghyun lectured, “Don’t be angry that Dasom was in my life.  She actually plays a big part.  If she wasn’t in my life, you two would have never been born.”

                  Panic filled Hana’s eyes as her eyes bulged out in shock.

                  “What do you mean?” Vick asked.

                  Hana added, “Is she our real mom?  Is that why we wouldn’t have been born if she weren’t there?  Did mommy just adopt us?  That’s impossible!  I look like mommy.  It can’t happen!”

                  “Yah, shut up!” Vick requested as he pressed a finger to his lips.

                  Seunghyun grinned as he crossed his arms across his chest.

                  “I’ll just continue on with the story,” Seunghyun offered.

________________________________

 

                  “Oh, honey,” Jessica muttered.

                  Yoona continued to cry as her tears continued to stain her pillows.  Jessica had been in Yoona’s villa for two days comforting her because of the whole deal with Seunghyun.  Jessica questioned Jiyong about the engagement with Dasom, and Jiyong claimed that no one knew about it.  Even Jiyong was shocked himself to know that he was engaged.

                  “I just can’t believe that he hid this from me,” Yoona sobbed.

                  Jessica sighed, “It’s not helping that you’re here crying.  You’ve been crying for a week, Yoona.  He’s Choi Seunghyun, but you’re Im Yoona for goodness sake!  You’re the new hottest item on the market.  Many men would die to date you.  You just need to get over him.”

                  “I just can’t believe that I’ve been fooled twice.  Hyun Joong cheated on me with my own cousin, and Seunghyun?  I was the woman he cheated with!  He’s engaged for goodness sake,” Yoona sniffed.

                  “If I were you, do you know what I would do?” Jessica raised her eyebrow.

                  “What?” Yoona asked.

                  Jessica looked at her with that mischievous look.  Jessica was good at these types of things, and she knew how to deal with people who did her wrong.  Jessica’s lips curved into a smile as she thought of a devious plan that would make Seunghyun suffer.

__________________________

                  Seunghyun didn’t know how things transformed so quickly.  He was panicked, and he felt as if his life was falling apart.  He suddenly needed a merger for his company, his mother was being persistent in something outrageous, and Yoona was, once again, not speaking to him.  He was wearing his usual suit and tie that he wore to work.  This time it was Armani, and it was brand new. 

                  He twisted the cold doorknob and pushed the door open to see his brother.  His brother was lying on the hospital bed with a little smile on his face.  It was as if he was waiting for Seunghyun to finally visit him.

                  “Hi,” Seunghyun said in a low tone.

                  “Seunghyun ah, where have you been?” Siwon asked.

                  Seunghyun responded, “Working—a lot.”

                  There was a small pause, which was filled with complete silence.  Seunghyun carefully took a seat next to his brother who was still on the bed.  Seunghyun let out a deep sigh, and Siwon already knew what he was thinking.

                  “I’m guessing you’re here because of Yoona,” Siwon chuckled.

                  Seunghyun sat up, “How did you know?”

                  “Well, for one, you are my brother.  I know how your mind operates, and I’ve known you all my life.  Second of all, she told me how much of an you were,” Siwon explained, “And I have to agree with her; you’re an , Seunghyun.”

                  Seunghyun’s jaw dropped while Siwon continued to chuckle to himself.  Siwon had never seen Seunghyun like this.  He was usually so aloof and detached, and to see him so emotional and expressive was a whole different change.

                  “It’s great to see you suffer like this,” Siwon continued, “You’re so used to having it your way, and in a different manner, this whole thing with Yoona reminded you that you are human.  You don’t always get what you want.  You may have a lot of things go the way you want, but you can’t have everything.  She’s bringing you back down to earth.”

                  Seunghyun himself knew that it was true.  He was so used to everyone doing what he wanted, and he did know that messed up with Yoona.  He should have told her in the beginning that his mother had arranged an engagement with Dasom.

                  “I was afraid that she wouldn’t like me,” Seunghyun finally said, “That’s why I didn’t tell her about the engagement.  That’s why no one except mother and I knew about the engagement.  I…I just didn’t expect to love her this much.”

                  “Ah, people fall in love in the most mysterious ways—especially with the people you least expect,” Siwon spoke, “What’s done is done, but the real question is what are you going to do about it?”

________________________

                  “Jagiya, it’s so sweet of you to take me to a Inkigayo shooting,” Dasom grinned.

                  Her smile was ear to ear as she clung onto one of the most handsome men in Korea.  Seunghyun rolled his eyes at her as he took a good look at her.  She looked like a little girl to him.  She was a lot younger than he was, and it didn’t help that she had her hair in pigtails.  She wore a frilly pink skirt and a white blouse with a pair of wedges. 

                  He brushed her grip on his arm away as he glared at her.  She laughed it off and playfully slapped his arm. 

                  “I didn’t invite you,” he coldly stated, “You followed me here.  You’re like a damned monkey.  Stop clinging onto me like that.”

                  Dasom pouted her lips, “Yah, as your fiancée, you should be nicer to me!”

                  “You are not my fiancée!  We are not going to get married!” Seunghyun growled.

                  “Then why did you agree to it two years ago?” Dasom tilted her head.

                  He remembered that day faintly, and it was when his company had finally kicked in some momentum.  His profits were skyrocketing, and he was becoming well known in the world.  His mother had suggested a postponed engagement with himself and Dasom in return for all of the support that Dasom’s parents had given to Misook and Seunghyun.  He refused it, but in the end, Misook told Dasom’s parents that it was going to happen.

                  Honestly, Seunghyun was in the SBS studio so that he could talk to Yoona in person.  Now, it seemed impossible with Dasom holding onto him every step of the way, but he wanted to at least try.  Girls’ Generation was participating in an anniversary special for Inkigayo, and Seunghyun thought it was the perfect time to speak to her.  He knew that she was hurt, and he just wanted to fix all of it.

                  Seunghyun felt Dasom grab his hands as he rolled his eyes.  He was about to break away from her grip until he heard a familiar voice.  He turned the corner dragging Dasom along with him.  His jaw dropped, and then it tensed up in bottled rage.  He didn’t know what to do.

                  He saw Taecyeon lift Yoona up from a chair and into his arms.  Seunghyun’s eyes were wide, and he didn’t know what to do.  Taecyeon was looking at Yoona with those eyes, and he was frightened—threatened. 

                  What scared him was not that Taecyeon was looking at Yoona with lust because he wasn’t.  He was looking at her as if she amazed him.  He was looking at her as if she was the only woman in the entire world.  Most of all, he was looking at her like a man would to a woman he loved.

~~~~~~~~

                  “Ah, I’m so stupid,” Yoona cried out.

                  She managed to find a chair in the empty hallway of the studio.  Girls’ Generation had won an award for most sales, and she couldn’t join her members on stage for the encore because she sprained her ankle.  She told them to go ahead and go to the encore stage without her because she couldn’t handle the sudden pain.  She had bent her ankle in an awkward way during the last part of their performance, and she had sprained it.

                  She began to rub her ankle in agony as she pulled out her phone.  She needed to call her manager to help her walk because she couldn’t handle it anymore.  Before she could dial his number, she heard someone’s voice.

                  “A damsel in distress, I presume?” a masculine voice asked.

                  Yoona looked up to see Ok Taecyeon with a bright smile on his face.  She didn’t know why the world depicted him to be a spoiled brat.  Reporters claimed he was bitter and rotten, but he was actually very polite and courteous. 

                  “Ah, it’s nothing,” Yoona assured him.

                  She stopped tending to her ankle to show that she was just fine.

                  Taecyeon requested, “Stand up then.”

                  “No, I’m tired,” Yoona lied.

                  “Just go to the nurse in the other side of the building,” Taecyeon suggested, “They’ll fix your ankle for you.  I’m guessing it’s a light sprain.  Otherwise, you’d probably be crying like a baby.”

                  He flashed that breathtaking grin that made her want to melt.  She felt guilty for checking him out, but he was very attractive.  He almost matched up to Seunghyun.  She grunted as she realized that she was thinking about Seunghyun again.  She crossed her arms as she continued to enjoy the eye candy in front of her.

                  Ok Taecyeon was wearing a V-neck shirt and a pair of denim jeans.  He was also wearing a jacket and a pair of Converse.  He looked so casual yet so charming.  It was hard to believe that he was an heir to a billion dollar company.

                  “For your information, Mr. Ok, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter