Happily Never After

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Seunghyun parked the car on the side to see Yoona assisting the staff in setting up for the twins’ birthday.  It was already evening, and Yoona suggested that she come over to the house to oversee all of the preparations. The sun was about to set as Yoona hugged her thin body tightly. 

            Seunghyun got out of the car and made his way to the back seat door to open the door for the twins.  Hana and Vick unbuckled themselves from their seatbelts and were in glee to see that their mother was at their house.  It was the first time in possibly months that they had seen their mother and father together.

            “Whatever you do, do not ask mommy and daddy if they’re divorced,” Vick scolded.

            “Why not?” Hana dared.

            Vick frowned, “This is our birthday weekend.  I only want happy things.”

            Hana nodded in understanding as their father opened the door for them.  Hana and Vick hopped out of the car.  The twins had just finished their piano lesson after school, and they were exhausted.  Seunghyun sniffled and then sneezed.  He had a cold since the morning, and he was doing his best to conceal it.

            “Ah, my angels!” Yoona cried out as she ran towards her children.

            She hugged both Vick and Hana before scooping both of them into her arms.  Although she  was thin, she was strong enough to carry her twins with no struggle whatsoever.  Seunghyun frowned and disapproved signaling Yoona to put the children down.

            “Don’t baby them so much,” Seunghyun lectured.

            Yoona fired back, “You’re the one who’s spoiling them.”

            It was true that Seunghyun spoiled them into brats.  He bought them anything they wanted even if it was unreasonable.  Yoona had to return their toys often or donate them to charity because she wanted her children to grow up humble and grateful for whatever they earned and received.

            The evening turned into night, and for the first time in the household, they had a home cooked meal, which was the result of their mother staying over for the night.  Seunghyun ate in silence as Yoona entertained her children with stories of what she did at work.  Of course, the twins wished that she would stay more often.

            “I’m staying in the guest bedroom,” Yoona said nonchalantly.

            Hana gave Vick a worried look as he signaled her to cut it out.  In Hana’s eyes, Yoona was making an excuse as to why they couldn’t sleep in the same bedroom.  The couple was not divorced in the public’s eyes, and Hana thought that they were keeping it a secret to everyone and their children were included.

            Yoona added, “You’re sick.  You don’t have to say it, but I know.  I don’t want to get sick.”

            “Only happy things,” Vick whispered to Hana.

            Vick breathed out heavily as his mother said that.  That was a good save.  He looked over at his sister as their father remained absolutely quiet.  He continued to eat in silence, and Vick and Hana finished eating.

~~~~

            Seunghyun was just about ready to go to bed.  He put on his usual flannel pajamas, and he ruffled his damp hair.  He set his alarm on and hopped onto the bed.  He was more than ready for a good slumber until he heard Yoona’s voice down the hallway.  He grunted as she emerged into the bedroom with various bottles in her hands. 

            He groaned loudly to see that they were medicine bottles.  Yoona set them on the bed as she approached him and put her hand on his hair.  She felt that his hair was still wet, and he already knew that he was in for a nagging.

            “Yah, you’re sick, and you’re sleeping with your hair wet?  Do you want to get more sick?” Yoona badgered.

            Seunghyun shook his head, “I am not taking medicine.”

            “Ah, you’re just as stubborn as ever,” Yoona stated as she walked into the bathroom.

            “What are you doing?” Seunghyun sighed loudly.

            Yoona answered, “I’m getting the blow dryer.  You need to dry your hair.”

            “Yoona, stop acting like you’re my mother!” Seunghyun growled.

            “Maybe I wouldn’t need to act like your mother if you took care of yourself more,” Yoona argued back, “You are the father to my children, and of course you’re going to need to stick around for them as they grow older.  You’re annoying, but I need you to live a long life!”

            The arguing between the two was going to continue until they felt two pairs of eyes stare at them.  The twins’ stares felt heavy, and the parents immediately stopped their argument.  Yoona took advantage of the situation and began to blow dry Seunghyun’s hair as he rolled his eyes in irritation.  Yoona was always overbearing.

            “I was just blow drying your daddy’s hair,” Yoona assured the twins, “He’s being a little stubborn.  He wants to sleep with wet hair.  Now, let’s take that medicine.”

            Seunghyun rolled his eyes again; he knew that Yoona was using the children to her advantage.  He hated arguing with her in front of the kids, and Yoona was well aware of that.  He grimaced as he took the medicine in his mouth due to the foul taste.  He forced it down and gulped from the glass of water that Yoona had prepared for him. 

            “Let’s go kids,” Yoona grinned at her kids, “Your daddy needs his rest if he’s going to help us out for your birthday tomorrow.”

            “Actually, we wanted to show you two something,” Hana said quietly.

            Vick held a paper out to his parents.  He was hiding it behind his back.  Yoona unfolded the paper and her heart melted immediately.  She saw a drawn and colored picture of their family with Hana and Vick’s names written on the bottom corner of the paper.  They drew the picture during their art class, and they wanted to show their parents.  In the photo, Yoona and Seunghyun were holding hands and Vick and Hana were smiling widely.  Seunghyun, who was an art enthusiast, smiled brightly at his children’s work.

            “We also wanted to hear the rest of the story of how you two met,” Vick shyly stated, “We stopped on the part where you two were engaged.  We want to hear the rest of it.”

            Hana nodded, “Please…we want this story as our birthday gift.”

            It amazed both Yoona and Seunghyun that they chose a simple bedtime story as their birthday gift when they could have anything in the world.  Yoona nodded as the kids climbed onto the bed.  Yoona went to the other side of the bed and sat down with her back against the headboard.

            “I was talking about that time when we saw your dad on the street,” Seunghyun said quietly.

            Yoona narrowed her eyes at him, “Seriously?”


            “Well, it happened!” Seunghyun noted.

            “Yeah, but you didn’t have to say anything about it!” Yoona exclaimed, “Okay, since your father did some damage, I’ll start off the next chapter.  Two weeks after your father and I saw your grandfather, we left to Thailand for our wedding.  Your father was such an idiot.”

___________________________

            The members were in complete awe that Seunghyun had them transported to Thailand with a private jet.  Only Choi Seunghyun would have a private jet ready with a single phone call.  Seunghyun rented out the most luxurious hotel near the shores of Phuket so that the guests could have privacy.  In fact, it was the first time in a long time that the SNSD members were able to walk around in public without being followed by paparazzi or pesky reporters. 

            It was hard to believe that Korea’s most controversial couple was going to get married behind the media’s back.  They were not going to have a big wedding like what Seunghyun wanted; they figured that a smaller wedding would be more suitable much to Yoona’s desire. 

            Yoona and Seunghyun were by the shore on top of a blanket.  Yoona was leaning against Seunghyun as she stared at her ring on her finger.  It was a magnificent ring, and Yoona felt almost burdened by it.  She had been hiding it everyone, and she only revealed it to her members with the exception of Taeyeon the night before they left for Thailand.  She remembered her members’ demands for the truth when she asked them to pack for an impromptu trip.

            Seunghyun gently kissed her shoulder before resting his chin on her shoulder.  She smiled to herself.  She could not get her father out of her mind.  Her brother was rushed to Thailand for her wedding, and when she told Taemin that she was going to get married, he was concerned but gave in and wished the both of them happiness.  She knew that she was a bit cruel for ignoring her father when he clearly needed help, but her pride was still there.  She gave him a choice months ago, and he chose his wife over his own children. 

            She nervously swallowed as she thought of walking down the aisle without her father.  She was a daddy’s girl growing up, and when her father chose their stepmother over Taemin and Yoona, she was heartbroken.  She thought that she could never be let down by her father, but he did.

            “Aw, you guys are so cute,” Taemin stated.

            “Don’t tell me you’re tipsy,” Yoona laughed.

            She saw her underage brother with a mixed drink in his hand.  She rolled her eyes at him before taking the drink from his hands.  She saw her members giggling to themselves to see Yoona’s younger brother so drunk with just a little bit of alcohol.

            “Aw, just let him have his fun,” Seunghyun joined in.

            Yoona forced a smile, “He’s going to regret it in the morning.”

            “Just sit back and enjoy, noona,” Taemin grinned, “It’s your wedding tomorrow.  Just enjoy.”
__________________

            Yoona stared at herself in the mirror.  She had worn wedding dresses before.  She filmed dramas where she had to play a bride, but somehow, the feeling was different.  Her dress was a classic lacy dress, and never in a million years would she would have thought that she would be able to pull of a dress like this.  It was expensively priced at over $15,000, but because she was Seunghyun’s bride, money was no obstacle.

            Yuri, who was her maid of honor, was fixing her veil as she breathed deeply.  She felt like she was suffocating.  She was SNSD’s Yoona just a few months ago, and now she was going to become the wife to the richest man in Korea.  She would have never thought that it would turn out like this.

            Her best friend sensed her hesitation and cleared .  Yuri could hear Tiffany and Sooyoung bickering in the backg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter