Troubles

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Yoona looked absolutely beautiful.  With a gorgeous rose pink sundress, a cream cardigan, and a pair of strappy sandals on, every male specimen in sight stared at her with wonder and appreciation.  She bowed at the workers, who were surprised to see her.  She had made it to the top floor of the Choi Towers, which was the nickname the public made for Seunghyun’s work building.  It was the tallest building in Seoul, and it was a magnificent piece of art. 

            Her manager had informed her that she had a business meeting with Seunghyun because of his proposal to have her as the new face of the green campaign that his company was initiating.  Yoona didn’t understand why he wanted her to be the face of the green initiative.  There were models that were taller, more stylish, and most importantly more eager to see him.

            Yoona took quick glances at all of the workers there.  The men all had suits—black ties and a white long sleeve under.  The women all wore an identical outfit, which was a white blouse that was buttoned all the way up and a pencil skirt that went down to their knees.  It was as if the dress code was strict.  Even all the women’s hair was put up the same way—in a tight bun.

            “Ms. Im, the boss is waiting for you in his office,” a woman smiled at her.

            Yoona nodded with understanding and then made her way to the door the woman had led her to.  She knocked and then opened the door.  As soon as she entered the room, the woman who led her into the room closed the door behind Yoona. 

            Just like that Yoona was alone in the room with him.  Yoona’s eyes fluttered over to him as she enjoyed the eye candy before her.  She had to admit that he was pretty cute.  Actually, cute was an understatement.  He was perfection.  His defined jawline, piercing eyes, thin lips, and muscular frame were more than enough to make any woman melt.

            “Ah, you’re here,” he said with a childish smile.

            He was playing darts, but as soon as he noticed her presence, he halted from the activity.  He put down the darts on his grand oak desk and signaled for her to take a seat on the other side of his desk.  Yoona nodded slowly and took a seat.

            “My manager said that you wanted to see me,” Yoona stated.

            He nodded, “Yes, I absolutely did.  I wanted to talk about the contract terms with you.”

            Before Yoona could say another word, Seunghyun presented her with a stack of papers, which seemed to be a little too much for a contract.  Yoona’s eyes widened as she stared at the pile that probably amounted to over 4 inches. 

            “Whoa,” Yoona said breathlessly.

            This job opportunity was going to make Yoona’s name even bigger in the industry.  She was going to be the first woman to represent his company.  Everyone knew that if she took the job, she would be a highly respected woman in Korea because it would be known that she was linked to Choi Seunghyun in someway. 

            He grinned, “Welcome to the big leagues, Ms. Im.”

____________________

            “Let me in the building!” Taeyeon yelled at the top of her lungs.

            The man in front of her stared at her and then shook his head another time.  Not everyone knew that Kim Taeyeon was the best friend of the Choi Seunghyun.  Taeyeon rested her hands on her hips as she grunted out in anger.  She wanted to talk to Seunghyun before Yoona arrived, but it already seemed as if she was too late.  Taeyeon mostly blamed it on Tiffany, who hogged the bathroom all morning.

            “The boss has no meetings scheduled for today apart from his meeting from Yoona sshi,” the man answered, “You cannot go in.  It’s against protocol.  He even requested to be left alone by unwanted company.”

            Taeyeon pointed a daring finger at the man, “Me?  Unwanted company?  Listen, you jerk!  I am Kim Taeyeon.  I am a musical artist, leader to the most successful girl group in this country, and close friend of Choi Seunghyun.  You better let me in, or I’ll tell Seunghyun to fire you later!”

            The man seemed to be amused at Taeyeon’s attitude and boldness.  He never expected the leader of SNSD to be so demanding.  She had such a cutesy image in front of the public that it amazed him to see how different she was in reality.

            “Listen, Kim Taeyeon, musical artist, leader to the most successful girl group in this country, and close friend of Choi Seunghyun,” the man mocked with a crooked grin, “I am Jang Wooyoung.  I am the director of marketing, trusted friend of Choi Seunghyun, and for the meantime, the head of security because the head of security has a fever.  You cannot go inside.  You should have made an appointment.”

            Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at him as he did the same to her.  It was as if they were having a staring contest with each other.  Even though Taeyeon was shorter than the man before her, she didn’t back down one bit.

            “I don’t like you,” Taeyeon growled.

            “Ditto,” Wooyoung snarled at her.

            Taeyeon felt a slight tingle in her nose, and before she knew it, she let out a loud sneeze.  A big grin appeared on her face to see that she had just sneezed on Wooyoung’s face.  His face showed his disgust while Taeyeon laughed in amusement.  She didn’t do it on purpose, but it did serve as a distraction.

            She swiftly slid between his legs and ran inside the building.  It took a while for Wooyoung to process the fact that Taeyeon had just made her way past him.  He yelled at the other guards, but they were too busy laughing that the leader of SNSD had just sneezed on his face.

            “I’m coming to save you, Im Yoona!” Taeyeon bellowed.

            Wooyoung turned to the other guards and glared at them because they were busy laughing at Wooyoung.

            “Get her!” Wooyoung ordered.

            They tried to talk, but they were too busy laughing.  There were even a couple of them who had fallen on their knees because of how hard they were laughing.  Wooyoung grunted at them and then made his way in to chase Taeyeon.

            “Yah!” Wooyoung exclaimed, “You will not get away with this, Kim Taeyeon!”

_________________________________

            “I have to be the face of Choi Industries for a year?” Yoona said.

            Seunghyun nodded as she continued to read on with the contract.  He was surprised that she was actually reading it.  Most people who signed with his company signed it right away because almost everyone wanted to be a part of his success.  Yoona’s eyes were scanning through page by page, and it had been almost an hour since she started reading.  She was asking many questions, but he didn’t mind because at that moment, he could admire her beauty without her realizing it.

            “I see an odd part to the contract,” Yoona spoke up, “It says here that I have to attend any major events with you.”

            He admitted, “I seriously didn’t think that you were going to read that far into the contract.”

            “Can you please explain this?” Yoona raised her eyebrow.

            “I want the public to see that I am on good terms with the model of my company,” Seunghyun explained.

            She didn’t know if that was completely necessary.  She knew that all of this had to be some kind of trick or something. 

            Yoona mumbled, “It only makes it seem as if I’m sleeping with you.  And that is not going to happen.”

            His lips twitched as he fought the urge to smirk at her.  She was so straightforward and at the same time alluring. 

            “I’ve heard that loud and clear, Ms. Im,” he assured her, “I just want you by my side during important company celebrations and press meetings.  You are going to be the face of my company, and I want the publ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter