The Ugly Tie

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                  The twins looked at me with such eagerness.  I wanted this story to be epic to them so that when they grew up, they would know how great my story was with their mother.  Of course, I’d have to retell the story when they were at a more appropriate age.  I did plan on sugarcoating a lot of the story.  I didn’t want their minds to be corrupted at such a young age.  If they knew about all the booze, violence, and that occurred in my story with Yoona, they would never look at their mother or me the same way ever again.

                  “It all started in the year 2013,” I began, “because of an ugly tie.”

                  Vick and Hana covered their mouths with their hands.  To them, the year 2013 was a very distant time.  They were born in the year 2016, so any year before that seemed like the old ages. 

                  “Whoa,” Vick breathed, “That’s a long time ago.”

                  I grinned, “As I was saying, it all started with an ugly tie…”

___________________

In the year 2013…

Seunghyun’s POV

                  I stared at the mirror in front of me.  I was in an Armani department store as I glared at my own reflection.  I was a man that took great pride in my appearance, and I hated what I had just tried on.  I was wearing a dark blue suit with a red tie that had little blue hearts on it. 

                  “You look great in it, baby,” I heard a woman compliment me.

                  I turned to my side to see my girlfriend of about three months.  Or was it two months?  Well, I didn’t really know.  I wasn’t very serious about her anyways.  In fact, I was getting very tired of her.  Who was this woman you ask? She was in one of Korea’s idol girl groups.  I don’t even remember which group.  I never had the time to keep up with all the groups, so I never did.  What was her name you ask?  Well, it was Hyosung.  I would say what her last name was, but I forgot.  These types of flings never lasted anyways, so what was the point of holding on so long, right?

                  I hated the tie that she had picked out for me, and she kept on saying that I looked great in it.  I frowned at my reflection as she adjusted the tie for me.  I had to dump the tie—like what I was going to do to her soon.

                  I think she was expecting me to take her to my mother’s grand birthday extravaganza, and well, I didn’t really want to take her.  I liked her, but I didn’t really like her enough to bring her to the party where there was a lot of media coverage.

                  “Hey, I think we should end this,” I suddenly stated.

                  The smile on her face fell as she slowly turned to me.  I guess she was on top of the world when she was with me.  I wouldn’t blame her.  I had all the money in the world, and whoever was with me was practically treated like an A-list celebrity.

                  “I-I don’t understand, oppa,” she teared up, “I love you.”

                  Wow, she already loved me?  We knew each other for like five minutes.  I fought the urge to roll my eyes at her.  I looked at her in the eyes as the tears began to swell up in her eyes.

                  “Hyomin,” I stated.

                  “It’s Hyosung,” she corrected me as she sniffled.

                  I cleared my throat, “Yeah, I said that.  Hyosung, you’re an amazing woman, but I feel like I can’t be a good boyfriend to you.  You’re a great woman, and I want you to be with a boyfriend that can be there for you.  I work long hours, and I know that you deserve better.  We’re still friends, right?”

                  Hyosung swallowed and nodded.  She reached up to me and hugged me.  I knew that it sounded a bit sinister, but I had a large grin on my face.  That excuse always worked.  I still had that effect on women, and even if I knew that I was abusing this power, I loved every single second of it.

_____________________

Yoona’s POV

                  I waited for my brother to exit the dressing room, but like always, he was taking forever.  I my lips as I rested my hands on my hips.  I went through hell to get this day off for him, and I wasn’t going to let him waste it for me.

                  I looked to my side to see a man about to break up with his girlfriend.  My lips turned into an O shape as I tried to be discreet about watching the scene before me.  I took a better look at who it was, and I realized it was Choi Seunghyun and Jeon Hyosung!  Hyosung had short blonde hair, and like always, she was wearing a dress that showed off her voluptuous curves.  She was a girl group member from SECRET, and I’ve met them a few times.  I wasn’t very close with them, but I was acquainted well.

                  Choi Seunghyun was on a completely different level.  He was practically the richest man in the freaking country.  He was handsome, rich, well-mannered, and a freaking genius.  Not a single person disregarded this man.  If someone didn’t know who this man was, he or she probably had been living under a rock.

                  I looked away as soon as I noticed that he was breaking up with her.  I walked over to the dressing room door that Taemin was in and knocked on it.

                  “Taemin ah, hurry up,” I sighed.

                  “Yah!” Taemin called out from the inside of the dressing room, “I’m trying to put this suit on as fast as I can, noona.  Be patient!”

                  My bratty little brother was going to his first prom, and I offered to buy him a suit for the big event.  I stepped away and turned around to see that Choi Seunghyun had already broke the news to his little girlfriend.  I was in complete shock.  I didn’t even know that they were dating.

                  Hyosung was already gone, and he was looking at his reflection on the mirror.  He didn’t seem a bit upset about the breakup, and I was a bit curious.  I took a step forward, and he realized that I was there. 

                  Honestly, I was surprised he didn’t know who I was.  I was the face of Korea’s national girl group.  He stared at me as if I was another piece of meat, but I ignored that.  I stepped up to him and looked at what he was wearing.  It was a hideous combination.

                  “With all due respect, I think that your outfit isn’t very well coordinated.  The tie is gruesome and the suit looks a bit cheap,” I gave my opinion.

                  He grinned at me, “You just read my mind.”

                  He immediately removed the tie as I stepped back.  He then took a good look at me, and if I weren’t mistaken, I would say that he was checking me out.  I immediately looked away and then nervously swallowed.

                  “Most women tell me their name by now,” he suggested.

                  I chuckled, “I bet they would have also given you their number by now, too.”

                  “You read my mind again,” he smiled so brightly at me.

                  I was kind of glad that he didn’t know who I was.  It got tiring to see every single person make a big fuss when I entered a building.  Sometimes, I just wanted privacy, and this man gave me that privacy and mysteriousness—even if it was just for a few minutes.

                  I shook my head at him, “I think it’s better off if I remain anonymous to you.”

                  “Why?” he questioned.

                  “I just like it that way,” I stated.

                  Within that moment, one of his bodyguards had entered the room and bowed to him.  He then whispered something into his ear, and I was sure that it meant that they had to leave.  He had an apologetic look on his face, but it seemed as if he still wanted to stay and chat for a bit.  I gave a little nod to him signaling him that he should really leave.

                  “I have to know your name,” he said as his bodyguards waited out the door.

                  I rejected it, “I’m sorry, but I’d rather not tell you.  It’s rare to find someone that doesn’t know my name.  I don’t want to ruin this.  This could be a great start to a friendship if we ever meet again.”
_________________________

                  The group dynamics between the five richest men in the country was pretty simple.  The five of them laid out rules, and everyone seemed to follow them without questions.  It was an exclusive group that consisted of Choi Seunghyun, Dong Young Bae, Kwon Jiyong, Kang Daesung, and Lee Seungri.  They were the richest in the country, and they owned everything.

                  The five all had business connections with each other, but the only business that the five of them shared as a group was a club called Ardor.  Ardor was the heart of Seoul’s nightlife.  Everything about it was extravagant, and the guest list was extremely exclusive.

                  The alcohol kept on pouring as Daesung drank cup after cup.  Young Bae had fallen asleep on the velvet couch to their very own VIP room at the top floor of their club.  Seungri was occupied with three beautiful women, and Jiyong was enjoying a Cuban cigar.  Seunghyun, on the other hand, seemed preoccupied with everything.

                  “What’s wrong?” Jiyong asked.

                  “Nothing,” he shook his head.

                  Seungri grinned, “Ah, my hyung is having some trouble.”

                  Seungri turned to one of the women next to him and beckoned for her to approach Seunghyun.  The woman was just another groupie who was in love with the idea of marrying someone from the big five.  The big five was the biggest thing to happen to South Korea’s economy, and because they were all still on the market, women swarmed them as if there were no tomorrow.

                  The woman tried to sit on Seunghyun’s lap, but he made a face of disgust.  His eyebrows furrowed in as he pointed at the door.  The woman, with tears in her eyes, seemed shocked and pitiful.  Seunghyun simply scoffed at her.

                  “Get out before I throw you out,” Seunghyun glared.

____________________________

                   Yoona angrily pressed the end call button on her phone as her eyebrows furrowed down.  Her boyfriend of a year had promised to go to her group’s concert, but he had broken his promise once again.  Yoona began to quickly change out of her stage costume so that she could get into the dress for the next performance.

                  “What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked.

                  Taeyeon was the leader of SNSD.  She was one of the tiniest, but Yoona had great respect for her.  She was always in command, and she gave the group a type of strength that even Yoona could not explain.  Taeyeon had short hair with blonde tips.  In her stage costume, she looked absolutely stunning.  With a bright smile, she walked over to Yoona and gently squeezed her hand.  She was already dressed in her stage costume, so she helped Yoona zip up Yoona's dress from the back.   

                  “Hyun Joong is not answering my calls again.  His seat was empty,” Yoona recalled, “He didn’t go to the concert again.”

                  Taeyeon patted her shoulder and gave a little smile. 

                  “Let’s go somewhere after the concert.  The after party was cancelled, but I know where we could go that is the next best thing.  Jessica, Yuri, Hyoy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter