Longings II

Backstage and Waiting Rooms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You’re good? Already have your meals?”

Suddenly, Woohyun felt like crying when he heard her questions, touched. Those were the questions that she always asked when they’re still together and even though they already went their separate ways, she still even bothered to ask whether he already ate or not.

Such a stupid guy he was for letting this precious lady go, he thought to himself.

 

“Yeap. You?” He turned to her who was still hugging her knees.

“Yeah.”

Silence engulfed them soon after that, but oddly it’s a pleasing one to both of them. Feeling each other’s presence was just enough, no words needed to be spoken.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” He suddenly said.

“Why would you?”

“Because of us. Everything went wrong because of me.” Woohyun sighed, regret started to overwhelm him.

“Congratulations. Ailee Unnie and you look good together.” Soyou spoke, shifting the topic.

“Uh? Ailee-ssi?”

 

Right, the Music Bank’s backstage.

“You must feel great because I remember you said to me and to the Netizens on how much you like Ailee Unnie.”

Ouch.

“Soyou-ya…” Woohyun tried to hold her hand but she quickly resisted.

“Many pretty Noonas like you, Nam Woohyun-ssi. Already managed to get one of them?”

“I’m sorry, Soyou-ya. If we could get back…”

“I’m not talking about getting back together. It hurt so much when you neglected me before, looked at other girls and talk so greatly of them in front of me and honestly, I don’t want to experience that anymore. And stop saying sorry. Nothing will change.”

Double ouch.

 

“Our rookie days were the best days in my life. The dorky and carefree us, SISTAR and INFINITE, promoting together and you and me, standing on the same stage, I will cherish those moments forever. If Iwere given a chance, I would want to go back to those days...”

“Me too. And I know it’s my fault…”

“Maybe but maybe it’s because of time, people change and I truly understand that.” Again, Soyou cut his words.

 

“I love you.”

Nam Woohyun suddenly blurted those words out. He didn’t want to say sorry anymore. The lady beside him paused, quite startled at his sudden confession.

“Sorry.” A short answer escaped from Soyou’s lips as she buried herself deeper into her knees. She’s not convinced and she didn’t have the confidence to rebuild their already crumbled relationship anymore.

The challenges were too hard and heavy to be carried, she just realized that.

 

 

Woohyun sighed in defeat and suddenly, he felt like tearing up w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter