Longings I

Backstage and Waiting Rooms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nam Woohyun closed his eyes and laid flat onto the dance floor once the music had ended. Beads of cold sweat couldn’t stop rolling down his face as he was panting so hard by himself. Infinite’s comeback would be soon. It had to be perfect.

But suddenly, he opened his eyes when he thought of that particular person and soon, memories started to rush his tangled mind.

 

***

 

“Oppa!”

The sound of high heels tapping didn’t shake him at all as he continued to close his eyes, thinking on how tired he was after practicing those tough dance moves.

“Woohyun Oppa!”

A short sigh followed after receiving no response from the handsome lad. He’s already asleep, she thought. The disappointed lady then, left something on the floor next to the mirror in front at the spacious practice room before walking out. Soon, the room went silent again.

 

***

 

He opened his eyes and sat up. The place was still empty and that particular spot was also empty that he suddenly felt sad. He missed hearing her voice, missed eating the food that she left to him whenever he’s busy practicing for their comebacks.

Was it his fault?

 

***

 

“Have you eaten?”

“Mmm…”

“I’ll be on stage soon.” She said weakly. Silence.

Woohyun was never comfortable talking to her in the presence of his friends. His sight sometimes went to Sunggyu and then, to Key before switching the phone to his left ear.

“Good luck then.” He whispered, no sign of sincerity in his voice.

“Will you watch me?”

“I’m with my friends.”

“Oh…”

 

***

 

He squeezed his eyes while remembering the conversation they had a few weeks ago. It’s their last one talking in phone and since then, she didn’t even bother to pick up or even call him.

They broke up.

A two-years relationship was tiring. They’re idols, no time for themselves, no time to think about love, no time to talk, to bond between them. Time and distance were the main destroyers of their relationship.

Or maybe it’s that they already grew tired of each other?

 

***

 

“You look good, Woohyun-ssi. I mean on stage.”

“Thank you, Noona. I already bought this but still, thank you.” He answered shyly while clutching KARA’s latest Japanese album tight. He was always a fan of Han Seungyeon and talking, meeting eyes with her had always given some kind of excitement in his heart. He’s still a normal guy, like any other fanboys out there.

 

“I never saw you smiling like that.” A husky voice went to his ears as soon as KARA went out of their changing room. Soon, a familiar figure stood in front of him.

“Isn’t she pretty? Like a goddess. Her voice’s so cute.”

“Seungyeon Unnie? Mmm… You’re a true fan, huh?” She asked sarcastically, hiding the slight hurt in her heart.

“I’ve liked her since high school and meeting her is like a dream. You’ll never understand, Soyou-ya. It’s in every fanboy’s heart.” He giggled, not aware of her changing expression.

He never smiled to her like that or said she was pretty like a goddess like he did to Han Seungyeon before.

 

“So, meeting me is not your dream?”

 

***

 

Her last question was quickly denied by him but it was already too late. Their relationship was already crumbling and seeing him, praising another woman in front of her had completely destroyed it.

That day was the day they officially broke up.

 

***

 

Her smile always ceased whenever they met eyes with each other and that includ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter