4 Years: Vending Machine

Backstage and Waiting Rooms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Four years. The difference between the first day and today is so huge. After looking back at those days, it feels like I don’t know you anymore.”

 

[2014]

“They’re so cool, right?”

“Eung…” Soyou could only let out a short answer, still mesmerized by their booming performance.

Dasom continued to hum to INFINITE’s hit song while her Unnie’s eyes were still locked at the dancing figures on the huge stage.

 

 

“Wa, it’s been four years, right Unnie? It’s been a while since we chitchatted with them. They’re so different now. What was their debut song… Oh! “Come Back Again”! Dassi Dorawa, Dorawa~ Hing~ Old days are the best!” The maknae kept on babbling, as if she’s talking by herself since the lady beside her didn’t answer.

Old days…

Kang Jihyun’s mind wandered when Dasom mentioned those particular words.

Rookie days, those precious moments, how could she forget? It was the times when they worked so hard for their groups to be known, for their music to be heard. They debuted on the same month, same year. They promoted together, such fun times… Laughter are shared, they were friends. Well, used to be good friends…

But suddenly, something went into Soyou’s mind when the camera was focused onto that particular member. It was his part again.

Those words he said on that day… His actions… Did he still remember them?

 

[2010]

“Good job for today.” Soyou bowed to everyone like she always did, including INFINITE.

“Neh. Good job too.” The leader of the group answered with a grin. He was like a sunflower that always looked at her that Soyou couldn’t help but to answer him with an awkward smile.

“Hyung, you scare her. I’m sorry, Soyou-ssi.”

“Ah, it’s okay, Woohyun-ssi. Today was tiring, right? You guys are going home right after this?” She continued the conversation while eyeing the surrounding studio. It was almost empty but a few staffs and the members of both groups. But then, Bora suddenly came while locking her arms around Soyou’s neck.

“I guess so. Schedule’s so tight tomorrow.” The lad beside Sunggyu answered.

“Ours are too. Well, I think we’re going to meet in KBS tomorrow for Music Bank. Thanks for today, we had fun. Great job, guys.” Bora cried cheerily and bowed. It seemed that she’s always filled with energy even though the day’s almost over.

“Let’s go, Soyou-ya.”

 

Both groups were leaving the empty studio but on their way back, Soyou stopped and turned to her members.

“You guys go ahead, I feel like drinking something from the vending machine.”

“Okay, be quick.” Hyorin answered.

 

*

 

“Yah! My money!” She cried while kicking the machine with her knee but the drink she wanted didn’t come out. Frustrated, she rested her head against the vending machine and sighed. It seemed that the thing ‘ate’ her coins again.

But then, she turned to her right when she heard someone putting in coins into the coin slot.

 

“Caffeine?”

“Oh?” She backed away one step from the machine when she saw the figure beside her.

“Caffeine for me. You?” He raised his brows at her that Soyou suddenly felt nervous. It was just the two of them at the hallway and since SISTAR and INFINITE knew each other, this was the first time she’s left alone with him.

“Um, me? Oh, cola.”

He pressed the buttons and soon, two drinks went out.

“Aish, it didn’t come out when I pressed…”

Soyou could hear him chuckle as he handed her the drink.

 

 

“You’re drinking coffee?”

“Yeap. I’m thinking of practicing for the night.” He replied after pulling out the cap of his drink.

“Really? You won’t sleep?” She asked as if she’s so surprised.

“Of course. I ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter