5

That Summer

IU – Lost Puppy

            My head was in a mess as I came up with that assumption. What I needed at the moment was to have a time of my own to clear my mind. However, seeing him in the corner with only a towel draped on him, I knew I should stay. No more foul smell, his replenished health and most of all, a body that was no longer covered with numerous wounds, he looked almost normal. Almost.. Seeing him shaking his head wildly to dry his hair, I turned back my attention to the closet, I was still digging through, fishing out clothes that suited him. Finally.  Not bothering to clean up the mess I caused to the wardrobe, I went to him with a baseball jersey of mine and a matching pair of shorts.

           ‘Amazed’ that his head had not fallen out yet after the vigorous head shaking, I held out the clothes to him only to have him staring back at me with his eyes that were hidden partially behind the damp hair that was close to touching his shoulders. Right, how can I forget that besides being wolfish, he’s clueless to everything too. I sighed as I retracted back my outstretched hands and crouched down in front of him.

          “You really know nothing, don’t you?” I mumbled as I felt my eyes darting around when I pulled down the towel to his waist and loosely tied a knot there. One thing for sure, beside him being abnormal, he sure had one nice body, the athletic physique like typical Calvin Klein underwear model.Realizing that I was checking out his body, my cheeks flared up and hastily I widened the collar of the shirt to let his head slid through, arms following shortly to cover his toned chest and abdomen. Contemplating what should I do with the shorts, I did not notice he was trying to take off the shirt until he accidentally elbowed my leg and I smacked his hands almost immediately.

          “No. This. Stays.”

           Staring hard into his golden orbs, I lowered down his hands and began to shove up the pants to his legs, trying my best to avoid touching and seeing the private areas. Glad that he was no longer , I was about to leave him alone, but catching him how he scrunched his nose at the fabric on his body and also the water droplets that dripped on his legs, I changed my mind.

           Once I reached the bedroom, I settled down at the end of the bed with a hair dryer in my hand and motioned him to come from the doorway. Slightly softening at how he now easily complied and trusted me, I cupped his face from behind as he positioned himself on the ground between my dangling legs, brushing my thumbs against his soft cheeks, I bent towards him.

          “Good boy.”

          I mumbled into his damp hair while taking in my favourite peach scent of the shampoo. I tried to dry his hair with a hairdryer, see the point here? I ‘tried’. The moment I switched on the small electromechanical device, he turned into a blur and the next second he was at the far corner of the room, eyes wide with panic. I took a few seconds longer than usual to understand what was wrong since I was stunned with his lightning speed. How did he.. wait.. he was startled by the hair dryer?

          “Hey, it’s okay. See?” I assured him nothing was wrong and used the hair dryer on myself too, but he was obviously not convinced so I ended up drying his hair with a towel which he enjoyed so much, shuddering with pleasure and the low yet the soft howling sound was heard again.

❈❈❈

          Every time I began to think that maybe he was not that bad, he always managed to change that thought of mine when he was eating. To actually think that I can somehow make him to eat in a much decent manner… I massaged my temple as I closed my eyes to forget the messy scene in front for temporary and opened again when I couldn’t block out the loud slurping and clanking sounds. ..I was even more stupid to think I can have a meal with him together, if this continues I will die from hunger.. I narrowed my eyes and can already hear my patience breaking down when he was busily shoving everything on the dining table down to his throat, slamming down the chopsticks on the table, I went upstairs without even casting another glance at the boy. Too annoyed to make some food again for my rumbling stomach, I decided to sleep through hunger and the mess down there along with the wolf boy was the last thing I wanted to do with.

           I woke up with a jolt to realize how cold were my palms and feet against the humid, warm air in the bedroom, running my hands into my messy hair that plastered onto my sweaty skin, I fell back into the bed again. The eyes… that brown topaz eyes again.. With my gaze boring a hole into the ceiling, I tried to recall back what exactly I dreamt but was distracted by that familiar pair of eyes that I remembered the most. Hearing my own breaths that were slowing down, the soothing vibration from the floor fan and seeing how the room bathed in the late evening sunrays from the window, I wondered how long have I slept and as I was about to close my eyes again, I sat upright immediately.

           Cursing as I felt the blood rushed downwards and seeing colourful spots, I stumbled down from the bed and went to the door. Feeling much better from the dizziness when I reached the stairs, I skipped down quickly in an attempt to find that familiar figure. My tongue was about to roll his name out, but tied as I realized I did not know what to call him, however, everything was forgotten the moment I saw the red number 9 at the back of the white jersey he was wearing. There was this air of breath that I was about to exhale was held in as I realized he was standing on his legs with both of his hands resting on the transparent slide door that lead to the porch that was facing the lake.

           There was this spur of thought that the boy I saved from last night regained his whatsoever memories as a normal human until he turned around awkwardly when he sensed my presence. Now facing towards me, his pose looked even more gawky and stiff, looking as wolfish as ever, just like an animal that was ramping. Nonetheless, I breathed out in relief and went to grab onto his left wrist as I made him facing the porch again. Squinting my eyes at the glassy surface of the lake that glittered as the sunrays was reflected, I shifted my gaze on his face that showed hesitance and longing, I tightened my grasp on his wrist.

         “Let’s take a walk?”

❈❈❈


           I gave up on the thought of letting him wear slippers when none of the shoe wears were suitable for his foot size and made him wobble even more on his already unstable legs. Seeing him standing on two made me wanting him to continue doing so, thus I refused him going back to four and forced him to walk with me all the way out to the house, occasionally bumping into the wall and most of the time staggering.

           Focusing my gaze on the pair of feet that were taking small steps on the grass matted ground while chanting ‘1,2’ repeatedly, suddenly I felt myself falling backward in a slow motion, even hearing the echo of ‘1,2’ in my head, I shut my eyes tight, waiting for the hard impact on my back but it never came. Instead, I felt the hard tug on both of my hands and I flung forward, getting glimpses of the brown gold eyes that shone brightly in the evening sun before crashing into something that was not neither too hard nor too soft.

           “Umph.” The crash onto the unidentified object forced out the air from my lungs and I already begin to worry the cushion for my fall will topple too from my sudden crash but apart from only inclining backward, it was steadied back again in seconds. Finally willing to open my eyes, white and red streaks were seen. Only after a few blinkings, only then I realized the white and the red streaks were the design of of the jersey which a certain person was wearing. I jerked backward and almost instantly, the warmness disappeared from my body and I actually felt a wave of loss, the urge of going back into the warmness was so strong that I barely managed to resist.

           “Sorry.. and thanks.” I choked out the words and even found it hard to look into the eyes of my rescuer, turning around to hide my heated cheeks I heard him whimpering.

           “You can walk on your own now.” Not turning back to see how he was doing, I concentrated on walking forward, trying to shake off the emptiness I felt in my palms as the wind brushed through, reminding the warm and slightly bigger hands that were in my grasps only a moment ago.

           Only until I felt my heart beats were back to normal pace and cheeks no longer warming, I looked back and to see him walking on two with utmost concentration. After some time, he was confident enough to not look down as he walked towards me firstly in cautious steps and then he broke into a run, startling me and with instinct I ran away from him, ending up playing chase with him in the vast meadow. It was only a matter of time that he began to use inhuman speed and easily overran me, leaving me dazzled and later laughing as I saw how wildly he ran with his hair following the motion of the wind, blowing backward, showing the full view of his face.

           He seemed to have noticed I have stopped running and was turning left and right to look for me, figuring the tallest plants was making it hard for him to find me, I raised my hand and waved. In seconds, he was already nearing where I was standing when it would take minutes for a normal human to close in that big gap of distance. But it did not matter anymore, I already get used to his lightning speed after seemingly hours of running. I should be panting and exhausted from such vigorous exercise, but the moment his face broke into my view from the greenish brown grass, I felt contented and the smile on my face was so wide, that my cheeks were hurting, but it was nothing, not when he was so smiling so wildly at me, for the first time since I rescued him at my doorstep.

           His body was blocking away the sun, making it look like it was him emitting the sunlight instead of the sun, and with that bright smile of his, I couldn’t help but to squint my eyes while looking at him, preventing excess sunlight from penetrating into my pupils. Kyung Soo

          I think I have just found the name that suited him…

          ‘When you smile, sun shines…’

 

-A/N-

Sorry if this chapter is a bit short but do please continue to read my story :) maybe later I will update another chapter :D Have a good Saturday!

http://parkchanyeolll.tumblr.com/post/52734067082 

Listen to this ^^^^^

<3 aww too pretty 

and this one is too cute ><