Epilogue

That Summer

 

Epilogue

  

            Originally there are only the serene silence and the assuring darkness. Then, brightness comes along with the repetitive hollow clicking sound of crickets that occasionally rises to a higher pitch. The surrounding becomes warmer and with no doubt my nose catches on the woodsy scent with a hint of musk. It reminds me of the humid woods during summer.

            At this moment, someone sweeps my hair to my right side, exposing my neck on the left. I stretch my neck even more to the left as I feel something soft and moist, ghostly touching it in a teasing manner. Shivers send down to my spine when it stops teasing and nuzzle into the arch of my neck, moving with such motion. I slowly realize it’s on my sensitive skin, an action that only lips can do in such gentle manner.

            I turn to the back, trying to get a look at the owner of the lips, but it’s too bright. I can only take a glimpse of the heart shaped lips before the brightness blind my eyes momentarily. I try to open my eyes again, but this time instead of the bright surroundings, I am now in a total darkness. The only light source comes from the pale moonlight. Unknowingly, I am running and the tall trees appear on both sides. Very quickly, my lungs are burning and gasping for air from the run, but my legs never cease down to a stop.

            I must be chasing something, but I don’t have the slightest idea what is it and why am I so determined in pursuing an unidentified…thing? My heart accelerates from excitement when I catch a glimpse of a golden brown bushy tail, gradually and finally I see what I am chasing. A wolf with its pale golden coat that gleams Suddenly, the wolf stops and turns to look at me.

            A gasp escapes my mouth as I fall forward with a strong force from behind. Tears well up in my eyes when I feel the spreading pain on my back, my heart is no longer accelerating with excitement but panic, blood is seeping through my clothes. My eyes dart around in anxiety and coincidentally lock gazes with the wolf. It has come so close that I could even see the colour of its eyes. Brown topaz orbs…Kyungsoo!

            I shot up from my bed, perspiration dotting on my hairline as I pressed my hand onto my chest with a racing heart beneath, while another hand running through my back. Ag-again…The pain seems so real... I sighed and tried to relax by telling myself it was just a dream, or rather a twisted memory from that certain day. I ran my fingers through my disheveled hair, feeling ridiculously hot during midwinter, especially the burning scars on the back.

            Getting down from the bed, I gave out a sigh of relief from the cool flooring against my bare feet and went to switch on the lights. I looked at my reflection in the full-length mirror and turn around while lifting up my sweatshirt, getting glimpses of the long pale scar from my left shoulder to the waist. It was fine, no bleeding or whatsoever that made the pain I felt unreasonable. I sighed and let down of my sweatshirt. My eyes briefly stopped at the letter that was on the table before I switched off the lights.

            Snuggling into the bed, I closed my eyes, hoping for a dreamless sleep so that I would not feel even worse from the lack of sleep when in only two days times, I would go back, go back to once where I thought I belonged and now the place I dreaded.

-A/N-

Just wondering.. is this story good enough to have sequel? Good night~

I'm gonna miss writing you...

IU! PLEASE HAVE YOUR COMEBACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! I CANNOT STAND YOUR ABSENCE IN MUSIC SHOWS!