11

That Summer

               “Thank you, butler Jo.” I kept my appreciation curt,  giving butler Jo my subtle signal for him to leave me and the unconscious boy alone. He nodded and made his way out of my room. Right when I sat down on the chair beside the bed, butler Jo spoke up. “Miss, Madam will be back in three days time. Perhaps, your companion can-“ “Do not worry, I will handle it myself.” Giving him another dismissed look, he went out finally. Hearing the soft thud of the closed door, I turned back my attention to the sleeping boy in my bed.

            “If you do not wake up soon, you will not have a say in your new appearance..” I softly mumbled and ran my fingers through his soft locks. I figured that he was not in the state to meet anyone, he was not exactly presentable with his long hair and- My eyes wandered to his bandaged chest and arms. At least his bleeding has stopped. Hence, it was only natural that butler Jo ‘kindly’ reminded me, Not that I need. I sighed and a long strand of fringe fell onto his face from my breath.  My lips tugged up slightly at the sight of that, but I dropped them very soon; physical appearance mattered a lot, although people always say the inside is more important. Everyone has two sides of theirs and somehow, they usually clash with each other. Seeing Kyungsoo’s hands that laid limply on his sides, I arranged them onto his abdominal, one hand on another. Wake up soon, sleeping beauty…Feeling much at ease in my own room after a month of absence, drowsiness clouded my mind and sleep came shortly.

             I stirred from my dreamless sleep as I felt the vibration in my pocket, lifting up my eyelids, I noticed the room had become dark, a contrast to the brightness I last remembered being surrounded by. I fished out the vibrating phone from the pocket and saw the caller’s name on the bright screen. “Red.” I breathed out, relieved to hear from her and any sign of torpidness was gone the instant. “Sorry for not calling recently, caught up with too many things.. so you asked for me?”

            There was no need of greetings nor meaningless questions; I went straight to the point. “Something came up in summer house and I want you to meet someone.” I was not sure if I heard Red hitched her breath or was just the slightest breeze I felt when I quietly made my way to the balcony. “..I assume you already know I can only meet you three days after… I have something to tell you too..”

            I rested my elbows on the cooling rails of the balcony, listening to Red’s quiet voice that surprisingly comforted me, I could only sigh after murmuring a ‘yes’ and the call ended. Something to tell me.. I lifted my eyes and I was staring across an almost full moon that was hiding behind the swirls of greyish clouds. Then a sudden movement in the trees from below caught my attention, before I could make out what caused the disruption, I turned my head around as I heard a groaning from the room.

             “Kyungsoo.” I grabbed his hand while another touching his forehead, brushing his fringe away as he shifted his head. His eyes stirred before blinking open and looked around with confusion written all over his face. “..Where is this place?” Only after a while, he noticed his current condition, consequently narrowing his eyes. “How long have I passed out?” For a moment, my mouth could not make out any word as I helplessly stared into his eyes. I did not realize I missed so them much until I saw them blinking and shining with live, even if it was only half a day I did not see them.

             “…Jieun?” I blinked my eyes and suddenly remembered that I have yet to answer him . “Another house of mine in the city and I guessed around 9 hours since you passed out?” Pouring a glass of water for him from the nightstand, I handed it to him while he was still scanning the surrounding warily, occasionally sniffing the air which he frowned in result. “What’s wrong? Are you still feeling unwell? I’m sorry I couldn’t let you have a proper check-“ “Do you live here alone? There’s movements downstairs and there’s this..” Kyungsoo’s urgent voice surprised me, but it was his hardened expression that was more discomforting; it reminded me of the Kyungsoo I could hardly recognized from the field, fighting with those unknown people.

            “..Hey, I’m sorry. I didn’t.. didn’t mean to scare you.. I was just..” His unfinished sentence was replaced with a sigh of frustration and he ruffled his hair. I was feeling more upset when Kyungsoo scooted away from me, keeping a distance between us. Seeing upon my crestfallen face, he mistook it as a sign for him to leave. I could not have stopped him, not with his inhuman speed, but I did, because of my anxiousness to grab him, I ended up slipping and landed on him. It was absolute stillness until I felt his body heat, travelling up to my body and the familiar thumping sensation.

            “I.. I-”

            “No. I’m not scared. I’m not SCARED. OF. YOU.” His stutter reminded me the words that I have been wanting to say. Upon the said words, I breathed heavily into his face that was so close to mine. My long hair fell down to each side, forming a curtain around our faces. Suddenly, I realized what was the pounding feeling. It was the sound of our heartbeats; fast but synchronized.

            I felt the rise of his rib cage as Kyungsoo took a deep breath and closed his eyes before opening them again. His eyes glowed in faint gold that entranced me even more that I failed to notice his hand was reaching my face until I flinched at his touch on my left cheek. “You smell slightly different..” His angelic voice dropped a few pitches lower, making me shivered at his unfamiliar yet attractive voice. I matched my breath with his as I closed my eyes, feeling his warm hands cupping my cheeks and caressing them with his thumbs.

            “Jieun?” Involuntary I shivered again at his husky voice, my arms were trembling, soon unable to support my current position. “I think…I..” I opened my eyes, gazing straight at his still glowing eyes. “I think..I..?” Repeating his sentence to encourage him to continue, I was suddenly turned around, reversing our position. “Like you.” With that, his mouth dove into mine.

❈❈❈

            A woman in a black sleeveless dress which hugged her body curves tightly was facing the window with the city lights dotting on the outside. She lowered her hand and pressed a red button on the cell phone. With a quick glance the woman looked at her own reflection briefly before turning around abruptly and a knock was heard. “Come in.” The woman walked towards the armchair and sat on it while a young man that has a height of around 173 cm came into the poorly lighted room.

            “You called for me?” The woman nodded and gestured for the young man to sit but the latter hesitated, causing the woman to sigh. “Just sit, it might take a while.” For a moment, both of them did not speak, occasionally hearing the honking sounds of the busy road below. “How’s everything?” Slightly astonished, the young man looked up at the woman with rounded eyes which the latter chuckled in response. “What? Is it not normal for the leader to know the condition of her own team?”

            “Ahh! No..no. It’s just that I never thought you will ask me about this..normally..” “Yeah, normally I will ask him but you’re part of the team too, so why wouldn’t I ask you?” The woman stood up after answering the young man’s doubt and went to her desk drawer to pull out a long case. “Here, I’m giving this to you to keep it. It’s your responsibility now.” The woman raised her eyebrow when the young man did not reach for the case, but in the end he still took it into his hands with caution.

            “Why?” The woman chuckled again at the young man’s question, sitting now on the desk, she looked straight in front but in her eyes, the young man knew she was actually recalling back to a certain past. “Because…all of you will meet the owner someday..” Immediately, the young man frowned at the woman’s vague explanation, as he opened his mouth to ask something again the woman disrupted. “Something meant to keep unclear at times like this, but someday you will understand all, be patient.”

             As if finally lessened a heavy burden, the woman breathed out and walked towards the door, grabbing her coat on the way. “Promise me…that all of you will stay alive.” The woman paused briefly before exiting the door. This time the young man was quick in answering with his eyes turning darker. “I promise..” The woman already close the door before the young man finished answering but nevertheless he gave a sad smile and repeated his sentence after catching the words from the woman that was now probably walking down to the hallway with his sensitive hearing. “I promise.. and you’re welcome Red.”

❈❈❈

            I slowly opened my eyes as I felt sunlight in the room. Then, I was getting more conscious of the even breathing on the back of my neck. I breathed out slowly, cherishing the moment and began to play with the fingers that were outspread beside my head as the arm served as my pillow. After a while, the hand reached for my face and patted my temple,which I assumed it intended to aim for my forhead instead.. The arm resting on my waist moved and tightened its grip around me, pulling me closer to the warm body that was now pressing against my back. His quick breaths on the nape of my neck was ticklish as he chuckled. I bit his finger as a small act of revenge, but he did not seem to bother. For a while, we remained like this and I gazed in a daze at the shadow of a bird that was on the tree by the window side. It flew away very soon. Will he be gone like that too?

 “Kyungsoo..” Feeling his chin nudging my shoulder as the signal he was listening, I spread his palm and put mine on top, comparing the size before entwining the fingers together. “You gained back your memories.” It turned out to be a statement rather than a question I intended. The body from behind stiffened and I began to rub my thumb against his hand in circular motion to somehow comfort him. “..Yes…How did you know?” My thumb never stopped moving, so did my mind which was now racing with thoughts. “I didn’t know, but I had the feeling that you know them…those from before..From the way you…” I paused, pondering on my choice of words. “You interact with them. Am I right?”

            Taking his silence as a yes, I turned around to face him, which his lips were pressed into a thin line and his brows were furrowed. It’s fine now, Jieun. They couldn’t possibly know we are here.. I took a breath and smiled widely at him. “Wakey wakey now. We have a long day to go!” I pinched his oh-so-cute round nose before rising up from the bed, giggling as I saw his confused face. “I will find some clothes for you, in the mean time use the bathroom that is right across this room.” Pointing towards the cream coloured door, I grinned at Kyungsoo that was still in the bed looking at me with a lost expression before going out of the room.

            Closing the door, I leaned against it. “I will wait until you are willing to tell me.” I whispered but I was sure he heard me, with his special ability.

-A/N-

Hi guys~ I updated again! haha I just couldn't help but to write more and more.. :D So how's this chapter? Feeling sentimental today so wrote something like this... I hope it doesn't seem awful or whatsover.. >< If do, please say so, so that I can improve~

So the usual tumblr pictures~

Why so cute!? >.<

Gahh, Kyungsoo, Suho with dogs! And sorry Kris but you looked weird in the last one..xD

Sighh..too much for me to take..

Andddd I LOVE this girl so much! <3

Have a nice day my dear lovely Readers~ and I exceeded 40 susbscribers! Thank you so much!