10

That Summer

Kyungsoo’s POV

            The familiar voice of a female echoed in my head as I recalled the bits of vague flashbacks I had whenever I tried to learn words, I was sure that was part of my memories from before. Why can’t I remember what happened in the past? How did I- The hair on my neck stood up when I caught a whiff of scent that made my whole body stiffened in alert.

           ‘Hello, hello..Wherever you are, we are coming now..’ The slurry with a hint of greasiness voice rang in my mind and waves of memories hit me like a strong tsunami, knocking me off breath. Various kinds of scenes changed in front of me with such speed that my eyes couldn’t even catch up with, but my mind registered each and every of them clearly. Those are from my past.

            “Pup, what human words you have learnt from mummy today?”

            “Mum! Dad wouldn’t let me eat the piece of meat in his mouth!”

            “Dad? What’s happening? Why all the place around is on fire? I’m scared..”

            “Shh, stay here and don’t make a sound. Dad and I will come back quick for you..”

            A little figure curled behind the dense bushes behind the piles of rock, peeking through a hole that gave him the view of a two legs creature that had an ominous aura. This stranger that he was taught to address it as human was slashing through his long and blood dripping blade to his pack family. The big gray wolf he was so proud of collapsed on the ground and never moved again.

            “Dad! Dad!” The little one that had been hiding dashed out from his hideout.

            “So you finally had enough of playing hide and seek? Let’s go now little pup, I will give you a new home.” The human sliced through the air with his blade, blood spattered on the little figure that shook violently and the ground around the human dissolved, creating a hole in the middle. Piles of dirt and rocks sent to the hole, burying the human that disappeared into it.

            The last standing figure in the mess of bloody carcasses dropped to the ground, panting hard and crying silently. “Impressive, such young age has already mastered in controlling the earth element. But not strong enough to beat me.” The little figure gave out a squeal as the human that appeared out of nowhere kicked him in the stomach and everything went black.

            “There’s no need in struggling, you will always be kept in here, you are my living trophy that I have no intention of letting go.” The man I hated and wanted to kill so much circling me with his sickening smile on, I concentrated on transferring the earth that I managed to catch its faint scent from far away to this hell, to mangle this hateful man, break off his limbs-

            The room was filled with an agony-laced screaming, a heavily battered body was chained in the middle, where the ground beneath was covered with dark brown and fresh red blood stains. “Tsk, tsk. You should’ve known better to bring your precious dirt to this place. You will never be able to hurt a hair of mine, let alone killing me..” The man brought a burning coal and pressed it against the bruised body of the chained man, a groan was heard but turned into a deafening scream as the man dripped silvery liquid into the burning wound.

            “You monster….” I struggled to keep my eyes open, but the vision blurred so much that his red eyes seemed to blend into his ugly face too. “Oh my, who are you calling monster? If you have forgotten, let me remind you. This is how you look like too…if you insist on calling me that, then you are one too..” He laughed madly, with choking dry sound, how I wanted to wipe off his devilish smile, if only I could escape….

            Before I knew it, I was already moving; walking through the meadow painfully slow despite that I wanted to flee from this place as fast as possible, the wrist I was holding from behind made it impossible, the owner was already panting. Couldn’t take it anymore, I turned around abruptly and the girl with her messy brown locks knocked into me directly, causing her to stagger backwards before standing still and looked at me with widened eyes.

            I cursed as the direction of the wind brought our scents towards them, judging from the wind speed, surely a rain was on its way and I hoped it came fast. “Now, just run back towards this direction that leads you to the jetty of the house. Don’t ever go into the house, okay? ” Couldn’t afford to waste another second, I pushed her in the direction I wanted her to go, also to pull her out from her trance which I felt bad for involving her in this ty situation. I spent a few seconds looking at her stumbling for the woods and shouted for her to move faster.

            I calmed myself, trying to adapt to the sudden change of situation. I knew what I was capable of and what exactly I was. I’m not just a mere person named Kyungsoo that happened to have supernatural abilities… I could feel the special connection I had with the earth elements beneath and the other me that was beginning to stir from its momentarily sleep. As expected, they appeared very soon, but I was relieved. At least she is in the woods now, they probably cannot detect her presence since my scent is all over her.. My eyes lingered on each of them that were standing in front and stopped at the last one on the most right, he was staring intently ahead me. Jieun! I curled my fists and felt the blood raged in me.

            “What’s that? You are taking care of such a cute kitten?” It was already bad enough to hear his disgusting voice in my mind earlier, but hearing it directly with both of my sensitive ears was really disturbing but not as much as the fact that if he continued to speak of her, his fellow pack will soon realize I was not the only one here. Before he could say another word, I charged towards him, but I swore that he actually smirked. I caught onto the smell of fear…from her and I narrowed my eyes at the mind reader. He knows…that I care for her..

‘Heh, I got you there…’ Woohyun, that bastard was taunting as ever even though I was sure that I cracked a bone or two of his from my impact. Then, a momentum acted upon me and I was up in the air. As stealthy as ever, I flicked my eyes towards one certain lanky figure that sent me flying earlier.  I would be a fool to not notice the change of their semblance. God knows what torture they’ve been through during my disappearance, but whatever it is, they’ve definitely gotten stronger..

            I squared my shoulder, standing firm and straight. “You all know what I’m capable in. And I’m in a far better state than before, so don’t test my patience.” True, now that I was healthy and had plenty  rest and food for the past weeks, I was certainly stronger and handling all of them might not be a problem but I was hesitant to do so. I don’t yet want to reveal this side of mine to Jieun… I knew very well that she was still lingering somewhere at the borderline of the woods. She was stubborn, but probably in a dazed now that made it impossible for her to actually follow my instruction. Woohyun snickered at my statement, causing my patience to wane away, fast.

            ‘Let’s have a game, shall we? As our reunion celebration.’ Woohyun had always been the wickedly vicious one, so I was not the least surprise at his tactic. ‘If you get hit by one of us, then..I’ll let the presence of your kitty get known..’ Anger consumed my whole body like wildfire but I held it in. His words were not trustable, but it could help me to buy some time. Let’s just hope that Jieun will not stay and actually listen to what I asked her to do.. However, a small part of me thought that it was unlikely and it was true; because when I was being charged on by three them at the same time and eventually getting hit, Woohyun shot a wide grin at me. “No!” That was when I lost my head, my protestion came out half growling and half shouting. Her safety comes first…not her opinion of me…The feeling of letting the beast inside to take over me was overwhelming, the magnificent power that was dying to be released made me trembled in excitement and finally my weak human form was torn apart and replaced by the majestic brown gold wolf that I came to love and hate at the same time.

❈❈❈

           In fact, it was not wrong to say that they were my cell mates. We were all being imprisoned, chained. The difference between us was that, they were more willing to obey him, hence becoming his minions. They were not exactly dumb to make this choice, or rather I should I say, they had to. They became like this because of him, now their lives seem to be depended on him; he created them to be like this. Heck, I was not even sure if some of them were actually our kind to begin with. I shuddered at the almost existent pain as I had the flashback of the days where I was kept in the lab; the tests that I suffered mentally and physically.  My thoughts were halted when I felt the inability to breath.  Eh, he’s capable of only focusing on a certain area already.. I glanced to the very same figure that earlier sent me flying into air.. L huh… I reckoned myself looked disturbingly hysterical when I grinned in my beast form as I charged towards him; his force field was unstable, he could not even hold up a barrier for himself while maintaining the stop of air flow within my area. He was yet to be thoroughly trained with his ‘acquired’ ability which I snickered at. Nevertheless, I was soon in great annoyance as they were now together combating me with their powers. Especially the tallest one with duplication power, whom caused my concentration to slip for a few times and nearly being dragged into the hallucination by their physical illusion user. This fight was tiring me out more than I expected, particularly mentally when there were three mind users. I should get rid at least one of them for now.. Deciding that their leader, Sunggyu’s power was more harming, I changed my main attack from L to him. Realizing what I was trying, L immediately went from offensive to defensive, protecting their pack leader while he tried to fry my mind with his psionic blast.

            Since I was attacking their Alpha, naturally his pack’s protection for him turned heavy, hence I changed my target again, this time dealing with the most annoying duplicator- Sungyeol. He was thrown into a moment of panic when I tried to attack their leader, resulting to reveal himself by giving his order signal visibly. Pushing him down with no effort, I bit into him and flung him away, most probably unconscious.. 1 down, 6 more to go. “Sungjong!” I smirked in my wolf form, satisfied with how the mind reader acted according the way I wanted him to. Gotcha Sending this thought of mine clearly to Woohyun. He cussed upon realization, but he was too late.

            Not as how he thought I was going to attack their dear youngest wolf, most of them rushed to guard their disintegrator(which I happened to find out the maknae’s power when he tried to ‘melt’ me, but ended up melting the rock beside me) while I charged onto Woohyun, aiming my itching jaw to snap bones towards his chest. Still not going to transform? He grunted in pain and spit blood onto my coat. “tward..” Shaking my jaw violently before flinging him away, I transformed back into human form, having the smirk that was spreading across my mouth.

            “So, let me guess, you couldn’t perform the power in wolf form yet.” I knew my statement stung their pride, but it was more effective on their leader for him and the mind reader were the earliest among them to gain power. A blur of dark shade brown appeared suddenly and the next moment I was a few feet away from the position I last stood, with long gashes of claw marks on my right arm to my chest. “Let me show you how a real Маш сайн fights.” Growling out the word I despised so much made me in fury as I transformed back to the beast while a wave of earth from behind following closely, threatening to bury them deep until they carved to see the sky.

❈❈❈

             The rain and my power were the perfect combination, maximizing its damage. They clearly knew they were not on par of me when I was in bipedal wolf-like form, which enable me to use my power while at the same time being in the state of beast. Nonetheless, they still put on quite a fight and being in that form for a longer time than necessary taken its toll on me. I was barely able to choke them with mud and bind them underneath the earth. It was only a temporary defeat, they would still be coming.. I scoffed at myself inwardly when I found that I could not do it- killing. It felt horrible, when I transformed back to human. It was as if I was being ripped apart and I dropped down the next second. It was still raining heavily but that did not stop the girl running to me. “Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo!” I closed my eyes hearing upon this silvery voice. Her scent that I came to love so much was almost undetectable under the rain.

            At least the beast I hated so much protected her from the harm I caused.. 

I knew it was still too early to say she was safe from all this, henceforth I brought her back to the summer house. By the time, we reached there, my head was swaying and my vision doubled. Damn him..he actually had silver coated his canines.. I suppressed the groan as the pain throbbed, I was aware of my chest wound that was still bleeding profusely. “Leave this place now.” I told her that was still standing in front of me. I could tell that I would not be able to stay conscious any longer, hence I panicked. I did not wish to leave her, unguarded. “Now!” I growled out and finally giving in, I slumped onto the wall. The now stained with mud- once white sundress that rested above shifted stiffly as she took a few steps forward.

            “Don’t…” I breathed out, blackness filled into my vision until I could only the delicate ankles of her slender legs. “I’m not as what you think…please..leave…” A thought still had the leisure to pop up in my mind before I was swallowed into the unknown.

            If only I’m just Kyungsoo…no more, no less… 

-A/N-

Маш сайн: This is Mongolian of the word 'Gifted', it is pronounced as 'mash sain'. Why did I use Mongolian? Well, I dont think I will revealing this reason that soon... >< sorry about that.

A bit sad when I read this pst.. o_o

http://unpopularkpop-opinions.tumblr.com/image/57471800807

Neverthless, seeing Suho being such a charmer cheered me up a litlle...

And do you know.. BAP released their BAD MAN MV!

And last but not least.. Dear.. D.O