14

That Summer

Olivia Ong- Fields of gold

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

It was not exactly unexpected to see the familiar diary on the table in the room I was staying in. I knew who was the one put it. I could only smile at her effort for keeping this diary close to me despite the time she was in a rush to leave the summer house. My fingers grazed onto the cover of the diary, then I flipped it open. I smiled faintly and reminiscing back the smell of Jieun’s peach scented shampoo as I saw my own messy handwritten ‘Peach’ word on the page of the diary that I happened to open.

 

            From the first page to the most recent one, my writings inside improved greatly, from only words to paragraphs and even some sketches too. I stopped at the last written page; only with the title ‘Confusion’. I sighed as I recalled my own thoughts when I saw the title. I wondered about my own identity, trying to come up with reasonable possibilities that could explain why all of these were happening. I was dying to know the truth, but now, with my regained memories, how I wished I could remain as the memory loss self.

 

            If it weren’t because of that bastard’s voice that invaded into my mind, I wouldn’t recall back my past that easily.. I wouldn’t have to hear his voice again… Clenching my fists, I walked to the window that showed the side yards of Jieun’s house. Unconsciously my eyes flicked to the reflection of myself on the glass, I stumbled backwards.

 

            “You think you can escape from me forever?”

 

My body went rigid, nose flaring open, hoping to catch the scent of the speaking man in my head.

 

“No need to bother, you are safe for now. I wouldn’t come looking for you…yet. There’s something else more important than getting you back.”

 

Gripping onto my head, I shut my eyes tight, hoping to close off the mind connection between myself and that man.

 

“I see you are in a rush to get rid of me..why? Are you afraid of me sneaking into your precious memory that had her inside? Your, little weak human savior..What’s her name again..? Ahh.. such pretty face with a nice name..Ji-“

 

I collapsed to the ground, not caring the glances that were thrown at me. Panting and feeling the throb in my head from the sudden shut down of mind connection, I felt the blood drained from my face as I recalled his ghostly whispering that still linger in my mind.

 

“I will not hesitate to kill her..”

 

   I groaned when I caught myself having the flashback of him, taunting in my head from the mall earlier. I hope I acted natural enough to not to have Jieun worrying about me, if she knew about this.. I wasn’t so sure how would I be able to carry out my plan… my plan to keep her safe.

 

❈❈❈

 

            However, that plan of mine will always be forgotten momentarily whenever she was in my sight. Just like now, when I should be planning my steps, I was helping her out to stick pictures on her bedroom wall. “Kyungsoo! I really love this song, what do you think of it?” The corners of my mouth tugged up automatically when Jieun twirled in a clumsy way, once her CD player came alive, with music notes filling up the room.

 

            “Well, I think you dance very clumsily.” I put down the stacks of photos and held her hand to twirl her around in one place. Jieun slapped off my hand and walked away from me with a huff.

 

“I did not ask you about my dance..” Hearing her mutterings, I chuckled inwardly and went to her where she was choosing which photos should her stick.

 

“This one is nice.” Swiftly picking up one certain photo and firmly stuck on the wall, before facing her with a wide grin.

 

“Hey! This is my room and I choose which to be hung on the wall.” Jieun rolled her eyes and tried to reach for the photo with her inside but cutely failed.

 

“I think I chose the photo very well, I mean this is your room so it’s okay to have your own picture to be hung on the wall.”

 

            Judging from the way her eyebrow twitched, I knew she was annoyed with me talking back to her using her own words.

 

“So which one do you want to stick on next? I will be your ladder!” I lifted her up and spun around, causing her to squeak in surprise but her bubbly laughter came shortly.

 

“St- stop! I’m getting dizzy!” My spinning slowed down and turned into a slow circling movement, with her small body wrapped in my arms, her feet standing on mine.

 

“I really like this song..” Jieun mumbled and leaned her head on my chest, singing along the lyrics.

 

            “In his arms she fell as her hair came down, among the fields of gold.. Will you stay with me, will you be my love…” Soon, we came to a stop and I rested my chin on top of Jieun’s head.

 

“Jieun..” She slightly turned her head towards me, but still humming along the song.

 

 “I’m confuse..”

 

“Confuse about what?” Jieun stopped humming and turned around to look at me with her heartwarming brown eyes.

 

“Which is worse, I forget about you or you forget about me.”

 

            Her eyes that never wavered while looking deeply into mine, gave me no clue of what she was thinking. You’ll remember me when the west wind moves 

 

“Silly Kyungsoo.. There is no worse..” She tiptoed and her face, was dangerously close to mine.

 

“Because neither of us will forget each other.” Her warm breath hit my mouth and my heart was pumping fast, something stirred inside me. Unconsciously, I closed the gap between us, connecting our lips together.

 

            I was too intoxicated with how soft was her lips against mine, her scent that was getting stronger and imprinted deeply into my mind that I failed to notice the sky outside had darkened and a full moon was casting down the pale light into the room. Only when I heard glass shattering and shrieks from downstairs, I caught on the scent of beasts I never failed to recognize. Surprised was shown in her eyes, my inside churned with regrets. Jieun..

 

            “Aww, how sweet, kissing under the moon.” The sickening voice that just by hearing it was enough to make my blood boil in fury. I turned rigidly towards the opened door. He smirked before he spoke again.

 

“So, this is the kitty.” I would have gladly to tear him up if it wasn’t because of the two’s presence from below pacing around and at any time to charge into this room. As I tried to dot down the exact position of the other four that were definitely in the house, Woohyun’s next remark caught my full attention.

 

            “But never thought of you to stay in this house, I mean it’s filled with the delicious smell of a hunter…Could it be…” There was a glint of red in his eyes and immediately I stood in front of Jieun. So, I was not wrong. This is a house lived by a hunter.. I took a glance at Jieun that was trying hard to mask her nervousness. Although I was disturbed by Woohyun’s words, his hunger clouded eyes was more of the trouble. The moment he crouched down with a tremble, I took Jieun into my embrace and broke through the windows. I landed on the ground with four, whereas Jieun was clinging onto my furry back. Wasting no time, I ran as fast as I could towards the mass of green that was behind her house.

 

            It did not matter when Jieun’s accelerating heartbeat was felt clearly as her chest was against my back. As long as it remained beating, I was willing to do anything to keep it that way.

 

-A/N-

uhhhh, I tried my best.. :D 

Such a badass looking Kyungsoo...XD

Oh gosh.. I just cant wait to write Suho in my story... T,T

Dammit, these two... >< especially the third one... *DIED*

hOLY, that drop of tear... 

Then her pretty smile.. <3

Do upvote my story! :D Thank you~ mUackzz~