cookies : 9

Lucky You !

Hyemi keeps on tapping her phone screen. There is still no text or calls from Luhan. It has been more than a week since she stayed at Busan for the summer break. She thinks that the past argument that she had with Luhan right before she fly to Busan must be at the critical point of their friendship.

 

“I shouldn’t have said that.” Hyemi mumbles while scrolling through her phone. She doesn’t even know what to fix and where to start because she doesn’t think that it was fully on her. It is true that she afraid that Luhan keeps on turning down girl one after another like a game. She pouted her lips and rest her head on the counter bar. 

 

“Oho? What makes my little cousin to looks so in despair?”  A mid-twenty old guy stood beside Hyemi while tapping on the order machine. 

 

He is Hyemi’s older cousin, Yoo Sunwoo who lives in Busan. He owns a cafe just nearby the sea that Hyemi currently works at as a part-timer. Once the summer break starts, Sunwoo offered Hyemi to work with him as a part-timer in order to fulfill the vacancy that his cafe is currently in after a former counter staff left. Sunwoo has been living in Busan for 10 years, and he keep in touch with both Hyemi through social media.

 

“Oh, ah. It’s nothing actually.” Hyemi stood straight and grins to Sunwoo. She watch carefully Sunwoo who reset the order list in the machine before accepting new orders for the customers later. She learnt a lot from Sunwoo since she reached in Busan. Sunwoo has always been that trustworthy brother she got since her childhood days. 

 

“I could tell that there’s something wrong though. What’s wrong? Is it a couple fight?” Sunwoo turns his body towards Hyemi with his eyebrows raised up. He knows something wrong with his little cousin. 

 

“Couple fight whatㅡ it’s not a couple fight. I don’t even have a boyfriend.” Hyemi rolls her eyes and turning her back to reach the box of receipt next to the cash machine. She is unsure if Sunwoo will be a good listener, but she proceed to tell what’s on her mind, “So... I got this one male friend. We have always been this good friends? Though he kind of annoying at times. Right before I came here, we had a little argument. Now, I am not sure how to fix our friendship.”

 

Sunwoo frowns. “A guy and a woman can be ‘good friend’?” Hyemi raised her eyebrows in confusion. “Of course. Me and him as example?” Hyemi answers. Sunwoo then chuckles and ruffles Hyemi’s top of head.

 

“You can be a little innocent or your friendship with him might still be innocent at this point.” He smiles in a such kind vibe to his little cousin. “But in any argument, regardless of the gender, there’s nothing wrong to apologize first when you think you do wrong”. Sunwoo said before he left the counter bars to reach the customer who calls for him. Hyemi was left in blank. Sunwoo is right anyway. There is really nothing wrong with apologizing first. 

 

Hyemi reach her phone on the counter bars and start type some words out on the screen. When sentences sound a little corny and cringy, she backspaced the text and re-type it again. “Alright, this sounds more me.” She slipped her phone inside the apron’s pocket and start greeting the customer who just enter the cafe again.

 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

Beeb, beep! The phone vibrates in his short’s pocket. Luhan slip his palm inside the pocket to reach his phone. He straighten his back and sit more comfortable on the rest chair. He cannot stop staring at the beautiful sunset in front of him. It is so damn beautiful! Indeed, Hawaii got a breath-taking view. Luhan checked his phone’s screen and there is a text coming from a person he hasn’t talk with for awhile. Jung Hyemi. He clicks the open button to read the comtent of the message without any single reaction shown on his face.

 

‘Luhan. How was your trip?’ 

 

Luhan texted back shortly after he received it. 

 

‘It’s cool.’  He replied. It may sounds cold, but he feels a little happy that he got a text from her first after their argument. 

 

Beep, beep! A new message just received.

 

‘I actually want to apologize for the words I spit out the other day. I’m sorry.’

 

Luhan raised his left eyebrows. This sounds different from Hyemi that he knows. Hyemi wouldn’t apologize without being sulky. However, this is also a Hyemi that  he knows. A Hyemi that knows nothing but apologize first. Their argument that day was a little cold. It was his first time he left Hyemi hanging after the argument. He kind of feeling guilty too over his past action. This travel feels uneasy because their fight was unsettled before his flight to Hawaii. Little did she knows, Luhan too has been pondering over his thought about how to fix their friendship back. It feels strange to fight with someone who feels closer like a family. 

 

‘Oh... Well, accepted.’ 

‘Treat me something from Busan soon.’

 

Luhan double text her with a smiles. He finally shape a smiles after his first day in Hawaii. Things feel like fall back into places again. He feels a little incomplete before. Now that their fight finally comes to an end, it does feel a little relax. 

 

‘Okay! Take care of yourself there. Miss you a lot, monster.’

‘No, I mean... Luhan. This autocorrect functions must be detect your name as ‘monster’ now. I’m sorry!’

‘See you soon.’

 

Luhan smiles through out those triple message he got from Hyemi. He rest his back on the chair and close his eyes. Luhan isn’t sure about it, but he feels like he win the world today. He wonders if it is because Hyemi decided to apologize first? He is not sure, but he can sleep tightly tonight.