Cookies : 14

Lucky You !

“This name is the name who needs to do re-test for their math quiz. Yoo Yerin, Han Sunhoo, Park Semi, Ha Seonghwa, Gu Jaehee, Park Seonhee, Jung Hyemi, Lee Yoonjung and Jung Juri.” Ms. Lee announced. Hyemi once again named in the list of those who need to take re-test for the past math quiz. She has always been that unlucky with the Mathematics subject. She sighed and rest her head on the table. 

 

“Again?” Luhan asks. He grins as he watch Hyemi’s reaction. 

“The re-test will be tomorrow. How do I study all of it in one night?” Hyemi complaints. Luhan is so lucky that he was bornt to be those genius in Mathematics. He can be good in any subject, but Mathematics is his most easy subject. Luhan chuckles upon hearing Hyemi’s question.

“That’s okay, you lucky enough that you have me. I’ll help you.” said Luhan with a smile. 

Park Soohyun, their classmates calls Luhan out of sudden, “Luhan-ah! Seol Hana is looking for you.” Both of Hyemi and Luhan look towards the door. Seol Hana stands there. She waves her hand to Luhan with a smiles. 

“Ah, right. I promise her to teach her today, after school ends.” Luhan mumbles. Hyemi stares at Luhan and kind of understand what Luhan is thinking about right now. 

“Nah, it’s okay! Go ahead. I can study with Yoonjung and Seonghwa later.” Hyemi consoles Luhan to join Seol Hana. 

Luhan looks at Hyemi and back to Seol Hana. “But the math quiz is tomorrow. Wait, I’m gonna tell her about this. I can teach her tomorrow.” Luhan gets ready to stand up.

“No. It’s fine. It’s really fine.” said Hyemi. She really wish that Luhan just go to Seol Hana. It seems like Seol Hana needs Luhan’s help the most. Luhan stares deep into Hyemi’s eyes and nods. He gives up and put his bag’s strap on his shoulder. 

“Well, see ya. Text me if you have questions” Luhan says. He suddenly raises his hand and touch Hyemi’s head. He then ruffles her head slowly. Hyemi shocks. This is so sudden. Luhan never touches her head like that. What more he ruffles her head that soft. Deep inside her body, she feels like all her nerve has bloom and her heart suddenly flutters. Luhan walks away and join Seol Hana to the literature room. Hyemi just stares at them until they disappear. Hyemi sighs. Why did she flutters for such thing? She picks her book under desk and proceed slipping it into her bag before she went straight home. 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

Seol Hana and Luhan sits in the literature room. It just two of them since the school has ends. Luhan take a sit and suddenly Seol Hana sits next to him. He thought Seol Hana will sit in front of him. He then take out his Chinese language book. Seol Hana follows the same way. 

 

“You seems so close with Jung Hyemi.” said Seol Hana with a smile. Luhan raises his eyebrows and nods.

“Yes... We’ve been friends for some years now.” Luhan explained while flipping the pages. 

“Oh. It possibles for friends to be that close when they were friends for years. I knew her since our elementary school days. She has always been loud and cheerful.” Hana shares while looking at Luhan. Luhan then chuckles as he agrees with the part Hana says ‘loud and cheerful’. Hyemi was so loud since then. 

“I thought she’s dating you.” Hana jokes. Luhan looks up. Does it make him and Hyemi looks like a couple just because they are so close? Seol Hana must has always observe him and Hyemi together to be able to say such things. 

“No, we’re not.” Luhan gives a short reply. He then shoved the book to Hana and asks, “Shall we start now? Let’s make it quick and simple for today.” He says while looking at Seol Hana. It is better to take a simple example for today’s lesson as it is the first day of their lesson. Simple lessons can reduce the time. So, it will end quickly and he will be able to go to Hyemi’s house to teach her some math for tomorrow’s test. 

 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

Hyemi strech her body. It has been three hours since she starts study. She grabs the alarm clock on her desk. It’s 11.23PM already. She got some 2 hours lessons after the class with Yoonjung and Seonghwa, but she still need to study on herself over the topics she do some exercise before. Hyemi stands up and walk outside of her house. She sits at the garden of her house and her family’s pet, a poodle puppy named Lou is there. 

“Lou, why are you here? Mum must be forgot that you were outside.” Hyemi ruffles Lou’s head. She continously gives him a peck on his head. “Let’s go inside, okay?” Hyemi pats on Lou’s body. 

“Hyemi.” A male voice calls her. Hyemi turns her head and it was Luhan outside of the gate. Hyemi stands up.

“What are you doing here?” She looks around. She then tone down her voice to not disturb her neighbour at this hour. “Why are you still in school uniform at this hour?”  She asks.

Luhan approach the gate to come closer. “I thought it’s going to be a short lesson. But when I look into the time, it’s already passed 4 hours since we start. Then, she asks me to eat dinner with her at the cafè nearby the school.” Luhan explains. Hyemi nods as she understand the situation of why Luhan still in his school uniform. But she wonders why Luhan come at this hour.

“Why aren’t you go back straight to your house? It’s almost 12 in the morning, Luhan. Go back. Have some sleep.” Hyemi says. Luhan shakes his head. 

“You done with your study?” Luhan asks.

“Still at 60%. I’m going to go back to study later.” Hyemi answers.

“You won’t be able to sleep then.” Luhan chuckles. Hyemi sighed in realization. “That’s fine. I will help with another 40%.” He offers himself.

“What nonsense is that? It’s late already.” Hyemi declines. Luhan smiles and point to the gate’s lock. 

“Can I go inside? Your parent, both of them are inside right?” Luhan asks. His eyes fixed on Lou. Yes, he treats Lou like his own pet. Luhan has always come to play with Lou though Hyemi wasn’t at home. Hyemi walks to the gate and open the lock. Luhan smiles and walks straight to Lou. 

“Ay, long time no see man.” He giggles as Lou his face. Luhan ruffles Lou’s head and carry him in his hand. He then looks at Hyemi. “Let’s go.” Hyemi raises her eyebrows and walks to the door. 

“Mum, dad! Luhan is here.” She calls for her parent to let then know that Luhan comes. Mum come out of her room and smiles at Luhan happily. 

“Luhan! Long time no see. Why are you coming at this time?” She asks. Luhan smiles back. 

“How are you, Mum? I’m coming to teach Hyemi some math as she need to re-sit for her quiz tomorrow.” Luhan explains. Mum nods. 

“Hyemi, bring him inside your room. Do you want some water, Luhan? Dad had already sleeping. He got tough clients at his office today.” Mum says. 

“Oh no. I already had my dinner before coming jere. Thank you, mum.” Luhan answers. Hyemi then invite him to the room to continue study. Luhan follows Hyemi’s footstep to her room. 

 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

It’s 12.34AM. It has been 1 hour since Luhan started to teach Hyemi math topic. Those 40% feels like easy when Luhan helps her. Luhan looks at Hyemi who’s yawning while jotting down some notes on her book. He shakes his head and stick Hyemi’s head. 

 

“Wake up. Two more questions.” He says. Hyemi rubs her forehead and glares to Luhan madly. 

“How was it?” Hyemi suddenly asks. Luhan raises his eyebrows in confusion. 

“What?” He asks back. 

Hyemi rolls her eyes and says, “Seol Hana. Isn’t she beautiful?” Luhan shrugs and flip the textbook page. “Fine. I don’t even bother to ask anymore!” Hyemi jots down her notes. Luhan smiles. 

“She’s beautiful.” Luhan answers coolly. His eyes are still fixed on the formula inside the textbook. Hyemi looks up and stares at Luhan excitedly. 

“Right? Oh god, she’s so beautiful that I wish I can live as her at least for 30 minutes.” Hyemi cups her head with her palm. 

“If you want to be her, who’s going to replace you for those 30 minutes? This world will be in deep silence without your loud voices.” Luhan chuckles. Hyemi then slaps Luhan’s arms that make Luhan laugh even hard. “She tell me that you’re in the same elementary schools as her. That you’re so loud and cheerful since then.” Luhan shares. 

“She knows me since then? Wow.” Hyemi shakes her head. She thinks it’s surreal. “How was the lesson? Is she that bad in that subject?” Hyemi asks. 

“I don’t know. She seems good with it, but there’s some pronounciation she’s bad at too.” Luhan explains and stares at Hyemi. She indeed love to talk than study for tomorrow’s quiz. 

“I see.” Hyemi rest her head on the table. Luhan flips the page of the textbook and found the part he’s looking for. He looks up and looks at Hyemi. She’s already deep into her sleep. What an easy girl to fall asleep that first. Luhan stares at Hyemi’s face. She must be sleepy enough that she cannot hold herself anymore. Luhan continously stares at Hyemi’s face. 

 

His eyes are moving all over Hyemi’s face. She got a long eyelashes. Her eyes looks cute even if she close it. His eyes are now moving to her nose. It’s small and cute too. His eyes are now fixed to her lips. It’s pink and looks so soft. There’s no way he knew how soft it is. It just look... beautiful. He never stares at her face this close before. His eyes seems cannot move on from looking at Hyemi’s lips. His heart seems to scream and jump in unfamiliar beat. It almsot went out of his chest. He suddenly wonders what does it taste like? He does not even knows why he wonders about such things. He looks at her hand. She’s still holding her pen in hand. Luhan took it out and put it aside. Luhan stares at Hyemi’s hand. 

“Holding hands...” He mumbles alone. His hand slowly move to Hyemi’s hand. But he also hesistate to hold her hand. He exchange his looks to Hyemi’s face. She’s still deep in her sleep. Luhan looks at those hand. He wonders if he feels anything when he holds her hand. After a few seconds, he decide to not touch her hand. He move his hand and close Hyemi’s notebook. He smiles as he watch Hyemi who’s deep into her sleep. His heart flutters. 

“You worked hard today. Good night.” He says. 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

Hyemi wakes up from her sleep. She still at the table. Luhan is no longer there when she looks around. It’s 6.45AM. Luhan had probably left after she fell asleep last night. She rubs her eyes and grabs her towel. She then walks straight to her bathroom. She rubs her eyes again and see her reflection in the mirror. The reflection seems unfamiliar. Hyemi opens her eyes wider. There’s a line all over her face. A drawing of love-shaped on her cheeks and a huge black dots on her nose. She knows this must be Luhan’s ‘artwork’ before he left last night. She is about to explode. Hyemi touch back of her next. Her blood pressures are now must be high. 

“Luhan!!!!!!!!!!!” Hyemi screams in her bathroom. 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

Hyemi walks into her class and sees Luhan rest his head on the desk. Here we go, his morning routine. Morning napping. Hyemi walks quickly and slaps Luhan’s shoulder. Luhan wakes up and stares at Hyemi. 

“Ouch!” He screams in pain. He touch his shoulder. 

“Why did you draw on my face?” Hyemi gives a glare and takes a sit. She let her bag’s strap go and begins to take out her Mathematics book. Luhan chuckles and looks at Hyemi’s book.

“Goodluck.” He says. Hyemi just respond with a death glare. Luhan continuously laugh upon seeing Hyemi’s reaction. 

“Luhan-ah, Seol Hana is looking for you.” A male classmate calls for Luhan. Both Luhan and Hyemi look towards the door. Seol Hana is waiting for Luhan with a smile. 

“Your morning angel is there.” Hyemi giggles. She proceed flips her book’s page. Luhan raises his eyebrows and walks toward Seol Hana. 

“Good morning, Luhan.” Seol Hana greets him with a graceful smiles. Luhan just nods as a respond. Seol Hana is holding a bottle of strawberry milk. She then hands it to Luhan. “This is a token of gratittude for last night. Are you free today?” Hana asks with her lips hasn’t stop smiling. Luhan takes the bottle.

“I’m not sure. So far, I have no plan for today.” Luhan answers. 

“Ah. I see. What about weekend? Are you free this weekend?” Hana  asks again.

“I usually free during weekend. Why are you asking?” Luhan raises his eyebrows. He glances to Hyemi in the class. She is currently reading her book. She must be get ready for the test soon. 

“Can you go out with me this weekend? I... I want to treat you some meals for helping me during our first lessons.” Hana explains.

“Uhm.... I’ll tell you back if I have some times spare  for this weekend.” Luhan answers. Hana nods and she left the class after talking to Luhan. Luhan walks back to his desk. Hyemi looks up to him.

“Is Morning Angel gives you some encouragement to go through the day? Tell me some. I need it. What to do? I’m so nervous.” Hyemi bang his head on the desk. Luhan chuckles. 

 

He then looks at Hyemi’s hand. He did not hold her hand last night. He decided to not do it. He does not have courage to hold her hand. He is also afraid of what the heart will respond when he holds her hand. The fact that his heart flutters just by staring at Hyemi’s lips last night makes he shivering. He is afraid  of his heart. Even if he knows he is almost at the answers he’s looking for. Luhan once again stares at Hyemi’s face. Moving from her long eyelashes to her nose and it stops at her lips. Her lips.... 

“Luhan!” Hyemi calls for Luhan and that shakes Luhan back into reality. 

“What?” Luhan asks. 

“Can you come with me this weekend? Mum’s birthday will be on Monday. I want to buy her a gift.” Hyemi says. 

“Okay. Let’s watch movie to while we’re at that mall.” Luhan offers. Hyemi beams happily and nods. Luhan smiles. He then once again extends his hand towards Hyemi and place it on Hyemi’s head. He ruffles her head softly with a smile. Hyemi shocks. This is the second time Luhan did this to her. It should be normal since Luhan used to give her a peck of her cheek back when he woke up from his coma. But this ruffles hair thing somehow makes her heart flutters for no reason. “Do well today.” Luhan says with a smile. Hyemi turns her head and nods a little. Ms. Lee gets into the class and Luhan put his hand down. Hyemi inhale a long deep breath. Heart, please stop this nonsense. Why are you jumping out loud? This is not the time for that.