cookies : 11

Lucky You !

It was a new beginning after a summer break. Hyemi walks approach her classroom when a sudden tabs from behind makes her turn her whole body. Of course, that little jerk Luhan comes! Luhan smiles naughtily and starts walk together with Hyemi to the classroom.

 

“Aren’t you unusually come too early?” Hyemi asked Luhan who looks so relax. Unlike how he usually is.

“Nah, today is exceptional. I’ve been missing to see some faces while we’re all on summer break.” He grins.

“Oh.” Hyemi just shrug her shoulder and both of them enter their class and sit at their desk.

 

Seonghwa and Yoonjung, their classmates turn their body behind and greet Hyemi cheerfully. They exchanged stories about what they have done during their summer break. One of them shares her experience of camping with the family and the other shares about she subcribe a private tutor during this past summer break. Hyemi also shares how he earned some moneys from her job as a part-timer as Busan. Luhan just smiles and rest his head on the desk, getting ready for his morning nap. Hyemi glance to Luhan when she realizes Luhan is already off to sleep. Isn’t he said something like he miss some faces during school's break and that’s why he came early today? Why doesn’t he go and see ‘those’ face he longed for? 

 

“Yaa, Hyemi. What do you think of this?” Asked Yoonjung to Hyemi. Hyemi lost of what topic they are talking about now since she’s busy eye-ing Luhan and lost in her own thought. 

“What? I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear what you said. What was it again?” Hyemi asked back.

“I said, my two private class’ friends had crush on this one guy. She likes her first, but he unexpectedly got crush on her friends. What do you think of that? Don’t you think that her friend is a little overboard? She knew her friend like him, why did she be that friendly to him at the first place?” Yoonjung explained to Hyemi, asking for an opinion.

“Well, I don’t know. Maybe that friendly one wasn’t at fault at all. What if he likes her first before the other one likes him?” Hyemi asked back. 

“That’s why, don’t you think she need to step back as a loyalty towards her bestfriend?” Yoonjung debated Hyemi’s opinion.

“I think there’s no need to step back or anything. The decision is all on the guy. But if it’s me, in those shoes, I probably will stay away from him. Well, to see if I was the barrier that held him for seeing my friends.” Hyemi shrug her shoulder and take out her textbook.

“No. Do not do that.” Luhan lift his head and stares at Hyemi. 

“Oh god. You’re scaring me, Luhan.” Seonghwa glares angirly to Luhan who suddenly interrupt their conversation. Hyemi raised her eyebrows in confusion. What does this guy tries to stop me?

“I don’t think that’s right. You’re torturing him. Falling in love is not a sin. Whoever he likes is on him. He decide for himself. So, don’t go anywhere. Don’t.... leave him.” Luhan said while exchanging eye comtacts from Hyemi to Seonghwa and Yoonjung, and finally back to Hyemi. Hyemi is still in a great confusion. She doesn’t understand at all what Luhan tries to tell them. Seonghwa throws a lump of paper to  Luhan upsetly. Luhan is really going off-topic. He doesn’t even listen to whole conversation. Ms. Sarah has finally come and the class got back to their study mode. Hyemi chuckles and shake her head to Luhan. Luhan scratch back of his head and started to take out his textbook too. 

 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

“Luhan.” Hyemi calls Luhan who busily rest his head on the desk with eyes shutted. 

“Luhan, aren’t you going to eat?” Luhan open his eyes and see Hyemi is looking at him. It must been break time. Luhan smiles. He lift his head and straighten his body. Sleeping in the class has always been good. 

“I don’t feel like eating.” Luhan answered Hyemi who has already stand up.

“Alright. See you later, then. I’m a little hungry.” 

“Hyemi, after you had your lunch, can we go up at this building rooftop for awhile?” Luhan carefully asked.

“Rooftop? So you can push me down? No, thank you.” Hyemi jokes.

“Why would I push you? I think my mind is in a great mess now. I can’t think any better than sharing you this burden.” Luhan looks down. He’s really in a great mess right now. He gave himself times to think and to find the answer. But he is too scared to take any step. 

Hyemi shows a concerned face. She sit down again and stares at Luhan guiltyly. “Is there anything happen at home? Are you okay? We can go now if you want to.” Hyemi continously asked. 

“No, see you later okay?” Luhan shakes his head and back to his nap. Hyemi feels a little off about it, but she follows what Luhan wants. She keep wishing there’s nothing happen while she went to eat and leaving Luhan alone.

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

Hyemi run real fast back to her classroom after getting some light lunch. How can she munch anything religiously if Luhan seems a little strange about rooftop things earlier? As soon as she get into the classroom, Luhan is no longer there. She feels more extra anxious than before. She immediately run to the corner of the hallway and straight to the stairs towards the class’ rooftop. Luhan must be off to that area already. Hyemi bushes into the door, and Luhan just stood near the coridor while rising his eyebrows in confusion. Hyemi exhale a heavy breath. She got anxious for literally nothing as what her head pictures. She headed her step towards Luhan.

 

“Are you okay? Looks like you’re sweating. Did you just run to here?” Luhan asked and chuckles a little. Hyemi frowns. She grabs her waist as she feels so tired of running to this rooftop with that anxious feeling. What so funny? She almost run out of breath. 

“Cut it out already. Whatㅡ what is the thing that you want to share with me earlier?” Hyemi straighten her back. 

“Oh, that. I’ve been wondering if I should share you this story... but I think, you have part and right to know about this.” Luhan turns his back heading to the afternoon’s sky view. Hyemi looks at Luhan in confusion. What exactly he wants to talk about? 

“Back when we were fighting 3 months ago, I met Hyeri as she said she want to give me something. It turns out that she wanted to return the knitted gloves that I lend to her before.” Hyemi is caught off guard as Luhan mentions Hyeri’s name. As she is a match-maker to Luhan and Hyeri secretly without he knows, everytime the conversation navigate to Hyeri, she will feels such butterflies in her stomach. Hyemi stand stills without a word. 

“And she.... confessed. To me.” 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

Throwback 3 months ago (reference: cookies 8)

 

“She’s little annoying jerk!” 

 

Hyeri smiles a little. She thought of something way before she came to see Luhan. It’s not only to return the knitted-gloves, but she think she need to do something in order to completely move on from him. She need to take a bigger risk. It has always been better to say it out rather than doing nothing and regret it later. If she tries to tell him her real feeling, even if he probably gonna reject her, at least she won’t regret anything. Because she tried. She tried to take action of something she fears of. 

 

“Luhan-ah.” Hyeri calls. Her eyes is full of determination. This is it! This is the end of everything. The end of trying, the end of hiding. But it is also a new fresh start.

“Hm?” Luhan raised his eyebrows while sipping his drink. 

“I know this is so sudden. But I have something to tell you.” Hyeri darted her eyes into Luhan’s eyes. 

“What was it? You sounds scary now.” Luhan smiles a little. 

“Iㅡ I like you. A lot.” Hyeri confessed. She feels like a big burden on her shoulder has finally roll off and lay on the ground. She looks down a little before proceeds, “I’m saying this so I won’t feel regret later. I’m saying this so I can finally decide where am I headed to next.” 

“Hyeri, Iㅡ” Luhan stutters. His face was full of shock. He seems like he did not find the right words to answer. 

“You don’t have to worry.” Hyeri smiles. “Whether the answer is a yes or a no, there’s nothing gonna change. You and me, we’re still gonna be friends. Right?”

“Hyeri. I’m not sure what kind of sentences that I should use. The last thing I could think of is hurting you. I... I’m scared if any of my answers will change anything.” Luhan stutters. He can barely see Hyeri in the eyes right now. He did not know what exactly words she wants to hear. 

“Luhan,” Hyeri looks up and smiles. “I understand it. I know the answer. I can finally feel that one burden is now gone. I gather so many courage to tell you this. I’m happy!” Hyeri continued to beam gracefully. 

“Hyeri, I’m sorry....” Luhan looks uneasy. 

“I can finally move on. Don’t ever feel sorry. You help me a lot.” Hyeri tries to cheer him up. “I hope you take care of yourself while travelling to Hawaii. Take some time and talk to Hyemi again.” She procceds. 

“Hyeri.” Luhan calls after a few minutes of silence.

“You will be okay, right? We... will be okay, right? The three of us.” Luhan asked.

Hyeri smiles. “Yes, of course.” She knew what Lugan was worried for. She had give so many thought on this. How Luhan answers can change the situation. Luhan probably scares his answers gonna hurt her and makes Hyemi turns back from him too. Three of them have always been good friends. However, Hyeri promises that this event won’t disturb any of their friendship.