cookies : 14 (part 3)

Lucky You !

Luhan looks outside of his windows. Snows fall to the ground gracefully. It's already winter. He realizes how fast time flies. However, he still did not confess his feeling to Hyemi. The day passed quickly that he does not find the right time to tell her his feeling. Every day goes by as it has always been. Hyemi also has not yet noticed his feeling for her. Luhan realizes that he has become even gentle and kinder to Hyemi since he fell in love with his own best friend. Luhan pulls his bag and puts the strap on his shoulder. He then walks out and finds out that Ryung is sleeping on the couch in the living room. Luhan smiles and walks out to the door without waking up Ryung. Luhan walks straight to the bus stop. He checks his phone. It was just 7:28 AM. He then clicks the Instagram icon on the screen. Scrolls a down through the feed. There is nothing much to see. It is just his followers' daily life captures in a square-size photo. He then slips into Instagram's story. User 'hi.mij' appears on the list. It's Hyemi's Instagram. Luhan clicks on her Instagram story. Hyemi appears in her school uniform with a bright smile. It must be taken right before she heads to school. Luhan shaped a smile. His heart flutters upon seeing Hyemi's picture. The heart-fluttering moments become a familiar scene in his body whenever he sees Hyemi. Luhan taps the 'back' function and slips his phone into his pocket. The bus comes, he quickly rides it to go to the school. 

 

As soon as he reaches the school's gate, he heads his step towards the class. Suddenly, a hand taps on his shoulder. Luhan turns his head to the back and it was Hyemi stands behind him with a naughty smile. Luhan smiles back at her. "Morning." Hyemi greets him. Luhan just responds with a smile. Hyemi links her hand with Luhan's. Luhan shocks and looks at her in confusion. Hyemi seems a little free-spirit and easy-going these days. She will link her hand with his out of a sudden too. The problem is that Luhan feels like his heart flutters even more than being just shock. 

"Luhan!" Hyemi calls Luhan back to reality. Luhan raises his eyebrows again in confusion 

"Luhan, can you let me look at your Mathematics homework from yesterday? I mean, I want to learn how do you do it. But looking at the time, I don't think I have enough time for it. Can I copy that instead?" Hyemi looks at him with hopeful eyes. Luhan chuckles. Indeed, there will always be something Hyemi wants if she becomes this clingy.

"Well, let see how you behave up until we enter the class." Luhan teased. Hyemi gives a glare to Luhan.

"Ah, can't you just lend it to me? I really don't have enough time for this." Hyemi whines. She jingles his hand a little while they already linking their arm together. Luhan just shrugs jokingly. What a jerk. However, she knows that she needs to accept it as she really needs Luhan's homework now. Mathematics? There is no way she can think and finish right before the class starts. While they are heading to the class, a girl blocks their way. Both of them look up to the person in front of them. Seol Hana. 

Hyemi exchanges her look from Hana and back to Luhan. She then slips out her hand from Luhan's arms, not to make the situation awkward between the three of them. She realizes that Seol Hana is also looking at her hand that links with Luhan's arms. Luhan pulls Hyemi's hand back to his arms. Hyemi shocks. Why does he act like this in front of Seol Hana? Hyemi tries to remove her hand but Luhan grips her hand with his right hand. He refused to let Hyemi's hand go off his arm.

"Good morning, Luhan." Hana greets. 

Hyemi can feel the awkwardness in the atmosphere with her hand links around Luhan's arm. Hyemi looks at Hana. She only mentions Luhan, not herself. Hyemi wonders why does Seol Hana not saying anything to her. 

"Morning." Luhan greets back. He looks straight at Hana. 

"Are you going to school's trip next week?" Hana asks. Luhan raises his eyebrows in confusion. He hadn't heard anything about the school's trip. Luhan glances at Hyemi as he needs an explanation from her. But Hyemi is also confused about it that she shrugs her shoulder.

"We have a school trip next week?" Luhan asks back to Hana. Hana nods her head with a smile. 

"Yes. The notice was posted up on the school's website this morning. It also stamps all over the place that senior year's student will be on those trip." Hana explains and then proceeds, "But there's also a Mathematics Camp Week the same day as the trip's date. You're going to the camp, right?" Luhan once again glances to Hyemi. Hyemi just stares at Luhan innocently. 

"Well... I am not yet sure about it." Luhan simply answers it. Mathematics Camp Week sounds fun, but he also does not want to miss the opportunity to go on a trip with his friends. Especially, her. Luhan glances at Hyemi. 

"Tell me if you already decide it." Seol Hana says with a smile. She then tucks her hair at the back of her ears. Luhan feels confused. Why does he need to tell her if he is going to the Camp or not? However, Luhan just nods as a reply to Hana. Hana then excuses herself to her class and left them. 

Hyemi slaps Luhan's arm in anger. "Why are you being like this?" Hyemi removes her hand from linking Luhan. Luhan chuckles. He does not even know why did he want Hyemi to keep linking her hand with his. Especially in front of Seol Hana. He feels a little off with Hana lately. Seol Hana keeps on hopping on him even if it does not relate to the private lesson at all. "You're going to the camp?" Hyemi asks. Luhan looks at Hyemi. He never misses Camp Week these past years. Mathematics Camp Week is the most fun camp he ever joined. However, the camp has never once overlapped with the date to any other event. Perhaps this time around it's overlapped with school trip because they only have school trip like this during their last year. Luhan shrugs his shoulder as a response.

"I never missed it every year. But I guess this time around, I will let it pass. You're going to the trip, right?" Luhan asks.

"Of course! I will never skip this school trip for a Mathematics Camp Week. Never." She laughs and proceeds to say, "Wouldn't you regret it if you don't go to the camp this time? You don't have to worry. I will take a lot of photos during the trip, and I will send them to you." Luhan shakes his head. 

"If I missed this school trip, I will be even more regretful. I'm going to go wherever you go." Luhan says. Hyemi glances at Luhan. That last sentences sound a little weird to her ears. But it's Luhan, words like that can be spit anytime when he feels like he wants to. What a jerk. However, Hyemi cannot help but flutters a little. She feels confused with her feeling. These days, she feels like she is so attached to Luhan. Luhan also has treated her extra nicely compared to the past. But she decides to not says anything seems it wasn't a bad thing if he becomes kinder and gentler. They walks toward their class before the school session starts.

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

“Xi Luhan? Can you meet me at the teacher’s room?” Mr. Lee asks Luhan in the class. Luhan looks around as he thought he misheard his name. He then nods his head. After the class ends, Mr. Lee walks out of the class. 

Hyemi looks at Luhan with curiosity. Luhan shurgs as he does not know either why did Mr. Lee calls for him. But he can guess that it because of the Mathematics Camp Week. Luhan stands up and says, “I’m going to the teacher’s room first.”  He excuses himself and walks to the teacher’s room. As soon as she pulls the door knob, he sees Seol Hana who is also stands near by Mr. Lee’s desk. Luhan heads his step towards Mr. Lee’s desk. 

“Oh, Luhan! You’re here.” Mr. Lee greets. Seol Hana glances at Luhan and give him the brightest smiles she has. “I actually call you both to talk about the camp. You’re going to be the student’s representative this year as both of you are on your senior year.” Mr. Lee explains. “So, be prepare. It won’t be hard. Since you guys are good at this.” Mr. Lee convinces both of them. Seol Hana smiles and nods as a response. 

“I’m sorry, but I choose to skip this time.” Luhan confess. Mr. Lee wided his eyes. There is no way his best student skip this precious moment in school’s life. Especially, as a senior candidtates for SAT. 

“Why, Luhan? You have a problem? It’s not going to be long like last year. This is the best camp you never missed.” Mr. Lee asks. He wants to convinces Luhan to still join the camp. 

“Senior year will always be the most precious time of life. I’ve never once skip the camp. However, I think I decide to let it pass this time. I want to go to the trip with my classmates. I can study on my own for SAT. But I will never get to  go through the same precious times with my friends again.” Luhan explains. He tilted his head down as he feels sorry. 

Mr. Lee nods. He then smiles. “Well then, I don’t have any choices to let you pass this time. I hope you don’t regret anything.” He pats on Luhan’s arm. Seol Hana falls into deep silence. She expects Luhan to come with her for the camp because Luhan never skip it before. 

“Thank you, saem.” Luhan thanks Mr. Lee. Mr. Lee nods and asks Luhan to return back to his class. Luhan follows and walks out to return back to his class. 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

“Do you know about Luhan who is going to become our batch’s representative for the Camp Week?” Seonghwa turns her back and asks Hyemi. Hyemi pluck out her ipod and looks at Seonghwa. 

“I don’t know. Is that why saem (Mr. Lee) wants to see Luhan?” She asks. Yoonjung nods as a responnse. 

“Luhan and Seol Hana will be the representative this year. Is this means that Luhan won’t go to the trip?” Yoonjung then asks. Hyemi shrugs her shoulder. She knew Luhan will eventually choose to go to the camp. He never skip the camp and he is the math’s addict. There is no way that he skips something he values so much. Hyemi sighed. This is the senior year, Luhan cannot comes to the most fun moment as a high schooler. 

“Yaa, Hyemi. Let sit together tomorrow.” Seonghwa suggests. Hyemi smiles brightly. It’s okay that Luhan cannot join. She at least has Seonghwa and Yoonjung together at the trip. 

“No, then who’s going to sit with me?” Yoonjung sulks. 

“You’ve been my deskmates for 2 years. Let me sit with Hyemi this times!” Seonghwa says. Yoonjung pouts . “Luhan too is not going to join the trip. Our Mimi (Hyemi) will be lonely.” Seonghwa proceeds as she pretends to hug Hyemi’s head. Hyemi just laughs over her friends’ overacting. 

Luhan walks inside the class and take a sit. He glances at Hyemi, Seonghwa and Yoonjung. “You all done with copy-pasta my honework?” Luhan asks while pointing his finger to his book. Hyemi nods. 

“Yes, we did. Thank you, Luhan. My life saver.” Seonghwa jokes. Luhan chuckles. He then looks at Hyemi. Hyemi is jotting down note on her book while plucks in her ipod in her ears. Luhan smiles. He decides to not tell Hyemi about what happens. He afraid that Hyemi will complaints and force him to go to the camp. He feels excited to be on the trip next week. The trip will be fun. Luhan feels like anywhere he goes to will be fun if Hyemi is with him. He then once again glances at Hyemi. 

“And maybe... it’s finally the right time to tell you.” Luhan mumbles inside. He really think that this is the perfect opportunity for him to tell her about his feeling. Since they are going to beautiful and calm place, he hopes that his confession soon will be calmer too. Hyemi glances at Luhan as she thinks Luhan is looking at her. As their eyes meet, Hyemi gives a slight smiles and continue jotting down notes. 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

“Yaa, why does today feels so cold. I’m freezing.” Seonghwa whines as she pulls her sweater tighter to wrap her body. They are all waiting outside the bus for  before off to the trip. 

“Well, it’s -10c...... Oh, Hyemi!” Yoonjung waves her hand to Hyemi who walks to them. Hyemi put on a very simple brown long coat, with white high tops and white shirt. She even wears a knitted crochet bucket hat too as to increase the warmth and heat of her body during this winter. Hyemi smiles brightly as she approach both of her friends. 

“Woah, our Mimi is a little late today” Seonghwa complaints and pulls Hyemi into her hugs. “It’s freezing!” She proceeds. 

“You look cute with those hat.” Yoonjung praises Hyemi for her look.

“Mum makes this. It’s pretty, right? Mum said it’s gonna be cold.” Hyemi explains. Seonghwa and Yoonjungs proceed to praise her mum’s talent in knitting. 

“Guys, morning.” A male voice greets them. They all look up to the voice. It’s Luhan! Isn’t he supposed to go the Camp Week? Hyemi blinks her eyes as she stares at Luhan. Luhan flash a smile and glance to Hyemi.

How cute. I mean, damn cute! How can a person becomes this cute? Luhan’s heart is beating out loud. His chest feels hurt for that unfamiliar beat of his heart. He cannot take his eyes off Hyemi. She looks simple but beautiful. Luhan continously stares at her and stops at her lips. Pink and glows. Hyemi must have put some lipbalm, lipstick, lip gloss or something that it appears a little wet and glowy on her lips. Luhan’s heart screams again. How can a person lips be this cute? He really want to smooch that lips so bad.... 

“Why are you here? You’re not going to the camp?” Seonghwa asks. Luhan shakes his head. 

“Nope.” Luhan simply answer with a grin shaped his mouth wide. 

“What are you talking about? You’re the representative for our batch. Why did you skip it?” Hyemi debates. 

“Well, it supposed to be like that. But I choose to come here, and that’s on me.” Luhan explains. He then gives a wink. Hyemi rolls her eyes as a response. 

“Then, it explains why she is here too.” Yoonjung whispers as she points to someone using her corner of eyes. They all turn their back to see who Yoonjung refere to. It’s Seol Hana. Why did she come here too when she supposed to be at the camp? 

“Isn’t it obvious that she likes Luhan?” Seonghwa raises her eyebrows. 

“Too obvious.” Yoonjung answer.

“Well, she probably wants to join the trip because of it is the last year too.” Hyemi says. She sure that Seol Hana must has her reason too on why she skip the cakp week this year. 

 

“Alright, guys! All teacher is here. So, let’s ride on the bus and head to our first destination. It will takes 2 long hours to reach there, so have some rest in the bus. I know some of you all spent sleepless night because of the midterm last month.” Mr. Lee announces. 

“Okay, saem” They all answers in sync. 

“I’m gonna check your attendance now. Someone’s willing to help me? Ah, our Jung Hyemi! Mind to help me with the attendance?” Mr. Lee calls for Hyemi. Hyemi smiles. 

“Yes, saem.” She then walks toward Mr. Lee and reach the paper that Mr. Lee hands to her.

“Okay, get inside the bus after your name are being call. Alright?” Mr. Lee gives an instruction. 

“Yes, saem.” They all answers in sync again. 

Hyemi starts to call the student’s name one by one. “Yoo Aera? Park Soohyun? Lee Sora? Han Seonghwa? Lee  YoonJung? Kim Seondeok? Kim Leo? Kang Taeoh? Seol Hana? Noh Jihoon? Park Seri? Xi Luhan? Hwang Jaehoon?.....” Hyemi continues to tick the name for the attendance. “Done.” She says as all the name has been called. 

“Is there anyone else?” Mr. Lee asks. 

“Except for Lee Yechan and Ho Jangmi, everyone is here. Oh wait.... Oh Soojin?” Hyemi reads the last name of the list. Isn’t that his name? Her used to be crush? He is the one who send her a ‘love letter’ back then. 

“Soojin is not here yet?” Mr. Lee asks. Hyemi shakes her head.

“I’m sorry that I come late!” A male voice appears. It’s Oh Soojin! Hyemi stares at him. He gives her a slight smiles. 

“It’s okay, get inside now.” Mr. Lee tells him. He also asks Hyemi to get inside the bus now. Hyemi follows. 

As soon as she got inside the bus, she’s looking to where her friends at and she sees that they were at the back. Seonghwa is sitting with Yoonjung. Luhan sits with..... Hana. Luhan looks at Hyemi. Hyemi just gives a smile and decide to find another seat. 

“Sit here.” Oh Soojin points to the seat beside him.

“No one’s here?” Hyemi asks to get a permission.

“Nope,” he answer back with a smile. Hyemi nods and take a sit. 

“Thank you!” Hyemi thanks him. It is kinda awkward knowing she’s sitting next to a guy who used to send a  ‘love letter’. But she has no choice but to sit here. There’s no other seat that is available. She thought that Luhan will reserve a seat for her. That’s fine, anyway.  

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

Luhan gets into the bus and take a sit right in front of Seonghwa and Yoonjung’s seat. He then reserve a seat for Hyemi next to him. He glances outside the bus’ window. Hyemi is still taking the other’s student attendance. Luhan slips his pocket and reach for his phone. He taps on the screen and click the Memo icon on his screen. He read all the note he jots down in his phone about “Step to Confession” he read last night. He feels uneasy and unable to sleep last night because he wants to prepare a lot for his confession soon. 

“Can I sit here?” Seol Hana asks while pointing at the seat next to Luhan. Luhan looks up in confusion. There are so many more seat is available. Why did she want to sit here? Luhan does not give any responds.

“That’s our Mimi’s seat.” Seonghwa interrupt. Luhan smiles. He feels happy that Seonghwa helps him with the situation. However, Hana still decides to sit next to Luhan. She sits and lays her back on the seat. 

“I’m sorry, but I have moving sickness. I can’t sit in front.” Hana explains. Luhan sighed. This is supposed to be Hyemi’s seat. There is no way he shoo Hana away. Luhan looks in front and Hyemi already gets on the bus. He looks at Hyemi with guilty eyes. However Hyemi just give him a smile of ‘it’s okay’ sign. He then sees Hyemi sits at the other seat with a guy. Luhan stares a little deeper to the seat. It’s a guy..... he’s.... Oh Soojin? Luhan stands up in shocks. He is about to go and drag Hyemi out of that seat. Hana holds Luhan’s hand. 

“Where are you going to? The bus is moving!” Hana stops him. Luhan is now back on the sit. He cannot take his eyes off the place Hyemi sits. 

The bus is moving for 1 hour already. They all sounds bright and cheerful and so much loud before but as it passed an hour, they are all falls into sleep. Luhan looks at Hyemi’s seat. He cannot see if she’s sleeping or what. But he feels uneasy about her sitting next to Oh Soojin. He then glances to Hana. Hana is also sleeing. Perhaps she feels unwell since she had a moving sickness. Hana suddenly rest her head on Luhan’s shoulder. Luhan feels so shock. Hana’s head is just right under his neck. He tries to put Hana’s head up but Hana comes back into his shoulder. 

“I feel unwell...” Hana whines. Luhan feels a little guilty that he lets her rest on his shoulder. Luhan glances at Hyemi’s seat. He still not sure if Hyemi is doing fine there. He hulls a sigh. 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

As soon as the bus stops, Mr. Lee asks everyone to get off the bus. Hyemi stands and walks towards the door, followed by Oh Soojin. She feels like she kinda get closer to Oh Soojin. They talk a lot while sitting together. Oh Soojin is actually a friendly person despite his cold look. 

Hyemi waves at Seonghwa, Yoonjung, Luhan and Hana who get off from the bus too. Luhan glares at Oh Soojin. Oh Soojin just smirks as a response. There is a vibe of tension between them. 

“Hyemi, I’m off to my friends now. See you later,” Oh Soojin pats on Hyemi’s shoulder while giving a smirk to Luhan. Luhan holds his fist tightly. Hyemi just nod as a reply. She feels uncomfortable that Soojin is patting her shoulder. After Soojin excuses himself, he walks towards s. 

“Oh my, is this love in the air?” Seonghwa teases. Hyemi raises her eyebrows in confusion. 

“Whatㅡ it’s not, okay.”  Hyemi denies. 

“I heard he’s in our school’s rugby team. He looks good on you,” Seol Hana says. Hyemi looks at her. Why does she suddenly give a compliment when she is not even talking to her before this? 

Luhan titls his head down. That hits him. He glances to Hyemi. Does she still in love with Oh Soojin? Luhan shakes his head. No, he is not going to let this stop himself from confess his feeling to her. This feeling is unbearable. It holds a lot of weight just to be fine when he is actually in love with the person in front of him. He cannot scream of how he wants her, but he also cannot keep it inside for so long. 

“No, don’t think too much of this. I just think of him as a kind friend.” Hyemi says. She glances at Luhan for a second. “Let’s go.” Hyemi proceeds. Hyemi turns her back and starts heading to the camp. Seonghwa and Yoonjung shrug and follow her step. Luhan is about to step ahead too, but suddenly Hana grabs her hand and links her hand around Luhan’s left hand. Luhan shocks. He tries to remove her hand from his, but Hana refused. 

“Let me hang to you. I’m still dizzy.” She excuses. 

Hyemi turns her back to look at Luhan, and she finds out that Luhan and Hana are linking their arms together. Hyemi turns around and walks away. What is that....? What is this? Why she feels off about it? Why does she feel.... so jealous about it? There’s possibility that they like each other since they study together since the summer break, but this is kinda confusing to her. She tries to shut her own feeling. She does not want to admit what crosses her heart. She has been friends with Luhan for some years that links hands together like that feels a little bit awkward up until recently. Hyemi tilts her head down. Shut up, heart. 

They gather in front of the camp site. There are a lot of big tents around the camping site. It was said that the tent is set with the heater under the floor to warmth the room inside during the winter. Each tent will have a little camp fire in front of the tent. As for the food, they need to go to the pantry tent to get some food. Mr. Lee directs them to go to their respectative tent and unpacked their stuff. They can rest there up until the evening while looking around the camping site and come back for dinner at 7 PM. They need to gather again at the camping site for their first activity at 8 PM. 

Hyemi drags her feet to the tent that Seonghwa and Yoonjung head to. Luhan walks faster and grabs Hyemi’s hand. Hyemi turns her head in confusion.

 

“Are you okay?” Luhan asks worriedly. Hyemi nods.

“I’m good. Why?” Hyemi raises her eyebrows. Luhan places both of his palms on Hyemi’s cheek, cupping her cheek with his hand. He then presses it a little. 

“Your face... it’s cold.” Luhan mumbles. Hyemi feels like her whole body has been shot with an electric shock. All chills straight up. Her heart is booming and blooming. She feels like she cannot breathe and her heart flutters hardly. Luhan puts his hand down and slips into his pocket. He then takes out a hot pack and puts on Hyemi’s palm. 

“Take this. You’re freezing.” He says worriedly. “Get inside the tent quickly. I’m going to mine first.” He proceeds and left Hyemi. Hyemi looks at Luhan’s back. What’s wrong with that guy? Why did he become that soft boy? Why did he do this to me? Hyemi turns her back and get inside the tent quickly. It’s really freezing! 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

 Seol Hana stares deeply to the scene in front of her. Luhan is holding Hyemi’s head in his hand with so much care. The more Luhan looks into Hyemi, the more she feels like she is losing her chance. She knows that Luhan and Hyemi are good friends, but there is still a possibility that he can likes her. Seol Hana does not want to lose Luhan to someone like Jung Hyemi. She thinks that she has everything people tend to struggle to get it and she can let Luhan go after so many times she try to get closer to Luhan. Losing to someone like Hyemi will only show how her effort will betray her. She had a crush on Luhan since their first year in this high school. She tries to talk to Luhan for so many times, but the chance just does not match the time. She realizes that Hyemi is the key to Luhan’s heart. That is why she tries to seek for Luhan through Hyemi. 

Seol Hana drags her luggage towards Hyemi’s tend. She decides to ditch her classmates to go join Hyemi’s tent. She then flicks the tent’s zip. 

“Hi, can I share this tent too? I was supposed to go to my classmate’s tent, but there is not enough space for one person.” She excuses. 

“We don’t have enough space too...” Seonghwa mumbles slowly. Hana catches the words from Seonghwa, but she just pretends that she does not hear anything. 

“Well, just come in. We still have a little space for one person.” Hyemi says with a smile. Seonghwa and Yoonjung give a death glare to her. 

They start to unpack their stuff before deciding to take a walk around the camping site soon. Hyemi smiles in excitement. Seol Hana stares at Hyemi with so much jealousy. What is even special about her? 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

“Yaa, let’s go around the camping sites. You had already done right unpacked the stuff?” Yoonjung suggests. 

“Can you guys go first? I’m going to take a nap for 10 minutes. I didn’t get any sleep at all before.” Hyemi excuses herself. Seonghwa and Yoonjung nods. 

“Text me if you wake up soon, okay?” Seonghwa reminds her. Hyemi smiles with a nod. Seonghwa and Yoonjung come out of their tent. 

“You’re not going?” Yoonjung asks Seol Hana. Seol Hana shakes her hand as a rejection of the offers. 

“Well, okay.” Yoonjung answers. Luhan shows up in front of their tent.

“You’re going to sightseeing? I heard there’s a small lake near the site. I guess it was behind the pantry tent.” Luhan says. He then looks around to find Hyemi. 

“Where’s Hyemi?” He then asks. 

“Hyemi said she’s going to take a nap for a while, she will be out with us later.” Seonghwa answers. 

“Nap? Is she okay?” Luhan asks worriedly. 

“I think she is. Because she doesn’t say anything.” Seonghwa explains. Luhan feels even worrier.

“Can I go inside? 1 minute!” Luhan requests. Yoonjung chuckles. 

“Go ahead. Hana is also inside.” Yoonjung replies. Luhan nods and proceeds to get inside the tent. He sees that Hyemi is about to lay her body down on the mattress. He walks approaches her. 

“Luhan?” Hana calls him. Luhan only nods as a response. Hyemi looks up and sees Luhan approach her way. 

“What are you doing here?” Hyemi asks. Luhan smiles and kneels down next to her.

“Are you okay? I heard that you want to take a nap first.” Luhan asks worriedly. 

“No, I’m okay. I just feel a little bit sleepy. I’m going to join them later.” Hyemi answers. Luhan nods as a response. He then ruffles her head softly. 

“Okay, have a good nap. Text me if you need anything.” Luhan says before he left the tent. 

 

Hyemi scratches her eyebrows. What is he up to? She then put off her knitted hat and lays down. She falls into her sleep only in a few seconds. Seol Hana stares at Hyemi. She feels even jealous of what Luhan did to Hyemi. She pulls out her phone and plucks in her ipod. 

After taking a nap for 20 minutes, Hyemi rolls her body and stretches it a little. She then wakes up and glances at Hana who is still on her phone. Hyemi fixes her hair and put on her knitted hat. She then grabs her coat, ready to go outside. 

“Hyemi,” Hana calls her. Hyemi looks to Hana.

“I don’t know why did I tell this to you.” She plucks out her ipod and looks straight to Hyemi. “I like Luhan. A lot.” She says and then proceeds, “I’ve been liking him a lot since our fresh year. I got everything I want in this world, but I desperately need Luhan in my life. So, I choose to go down hell just to be with him. I know you guys are good friends, but I can’t help how mad I am to see you guys laughing together. I know I sound crazy. I know I sound desperate. But I’m sure you understand this. I..... I hope you did not become a barrier between me and Luhan.” Hyemi frowns in confusion.

“Wait a minute. You like Luhan and that’s not even my business. Like him as much as you want, but please acknowledge that Luhan is my friend. Not only me, but he’s also everyone’s friend. Don’t make him as a subject that belongs to anyone like this.” Hyemi debates. She stands up and wears her coat. “And... I’m not going to be whatever barrier to whatever situation.” Hyemi says before she left the tent. She sighed in anger. When did I become a barrier? Luhan is not even an object.

 

“You’re awake?” Luhan suddenly shows up in front of her. Hyemi looks at Luhan. She tries to hold her anger and not letting it out to Luhan. She should not vent it out all on Luhan when he’s not at fault. Hyemi nods her head and tilts her head downward. 

“Seonghwa and Yoonjung both are now at the lake. Shall we go to them?” Luhan asks again. Hyemi still refused to talk, and she proceeds to nod to answer Luhan’s question. Seol Hana came out of the tent. She looks at Luhan and Hyemi. 

“Hyemi, aren’t you said that you want to go to ladies?” Seol Hana suddenly asks. Hyemi raises her eyebrows. When did she say such thing? Is this a hint for her? But still she does not want to be selfish. Especially after knowing Hana’s feelings towards Luhan. She needs to accept it and stop becomes a door of failure to how they are supposed to work. It is not that she accepts that she is a barrier, but she needs to let them find out about each other’s feelings. 

“Oh right, I’m going to ladies. How about you and Hana head to the lake first? I will catch up with you guys later.” Hyemi says. Hana shaped a smile. Luhan at first refused to do so, but as Hyemi convinces him, he decides to follow and wait for Hyemi at the lake. 

“Thanks.” Hana whispers. Hyemi tilts her head down. Is this even right? 

 

Hyemi walks head to the ladies. Why did she need to pretend that she's actually going to ladies? She then stops and walks toward the pantry tent instead. She stops there and grabs a mineral bottle. She needs to cool down her anger first. She thinks she is about to explode anytime soon. She keeps on squeezing the lid of the bottle but it does not open. Hyemi squeezes the lid as much energy as she has, but it still does not open. It adds more to her anger. Suddenly a hand reach out Hyemi's bottle and open it for her. Hyemi looks up. It's Oh Soojin! He then hands her the bottle. 

"Thank you." Hyemi thanks him. She then drinks down the water. There is still half of it in the bottle. Half of her anger is also gone with the water swallows into . 

"You seem so thirsty." Oh Soojin chuckles. He then put his hand up and wipe the corner of Hyemi's lips with his index finger. Hyemi shocks. She steps back a little and looks down. What is this situation? "Oh, sorry! I'm just trying to wipe off that." Oh Soojin says. Hyemi nods. 

"I'm going first. My friends are looking for me." Hyemi excuses herself and left the pantry tent to head straight to the lake. This is so awkward!

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

Oh Soojin watches Hyemi's back as she walks out from the pantry tent. He then stares at her index finger. He smiles a little. He actually wants to talk to her. But he guesses, the situation seems like it is not yet the right timing. He then turns around and walks out from the pantry tent too.

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

Seol Hana walks along with Luhan. She stares at Luhan's foot and tries to match her step with Luhan. She smiles as they start to walk in sync. She really falls deep in love with him! And there is no turning back. She then looks at Luhan's hand. She tries to hold his hand. But she does not think this is the exact time to do that. Luhan might find it awkward if she does so. 

"Luhan, have you decide which university you want to apply for?" Hana breaks the silence between them.

Luhan shakes his head. "I haven't think of any." He answers.

"Do you have any that was on your mind before?" Hana asks again. She is so curious about it. This is the only way to talk to Luhan. 

"I don't know. At first, it was Seoul National University. But I'm not sure as for now. Well, let just see how SAT starts later." Luhan simply answers and proceeds, "How about you? Have you decide any?"

Hana feels happy as she successfully attracts Luhan to the conversation. "My first choice is also Seoul National University." She excitedly responds.

"Oh." Luhan gives the most simple answer he can. They proceed to walk towards where the other kids are currently at. They approach the other students who sitting and standing beside the lake.

"Oh, Xi Luhan! Where did you come from? Did you date Seol Hana now?" Park Soohyun teases him. Luhan raises his eyebrows in confusion.

"No," Luhan simply answers to deny everything. Seol Hana glances at Luhan. There is no reaction that she expects from him. She tilts her head down. 

"Luhan, where's Hyemi?" Yoonjung asks. 

"She's going to ladies first. She will be here...." Before Luhan could finish his words, Hyemi appears right next to them. She then smiles at Seol Hana. An unknown smile. Seol Hana glances back at Hyemi. Why did she come back so fast? They then walk around the park nearby the lake and stops just by the side of the lake. Just before she tries to stay closer to Luhan, Seonghwa suddenly grabs her hand. 

"Hana-ssi? Can you come with me?" Seonghwa then grabs her hand away from Luhan. Her other hand is also being held by Yoonjung. She turns her head to the back, looking at Luhan and Hyemi who just stand and watch her being drag together with these two nerdies.   

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

Luhan glances at Hyemi who stares at the view of the lake. He then shapes a smile. She is looking like a perfect combo of cuteness and prettiest. 

"I feel so much at ease." She says while looking at the view. "I was this close to go crazy before." Hyemi glances at Luhan. Luhan is confused as to what does Hyemi try to tell her. 

"Why? Is there anything that happen?" Luhan asks as he is a little concerned about it. 

"It's annoying!" Instead of telling Luhan about what happen, she decides to only mention her thought. She stomps her leg on the ground. 

"What do you mean?" Luhan is still confused with it. Hyemi glares at Luhan with so much anger and she finally hulls a sigh. This is not even something she should talk about.

"Well, nothing." Hyemi says. She pouts and start to take a little deep breath to relax herself.

"You sure?" He asks and proceeds saying, "If words are complicated, try to type it and send to me." Luhan waves his phone on his hand. Hyemi chuckles while shaking her head. 

"Right, I can type faster when I'm upset." She smiles while looking at the view. Luhan bites his lower lip. Hyemi finally laugh after being upset over something he does not know.

"I guess this is not the right time again...." Luhan mumbles while looking straight at the lake's view.

"What?" Hyemi asks. Luhan smiles and shakes his head. They both stare at the view. Luhan feels like he cannot be even happier than today. The right time will definitely gonna come later.