A usual morning

Hope

“Yuri! Hurry up! We’re late!” Jessica shouted from the downstairs. “Jess, I’m sorry… I have to finish my homework! If I don’t…” Yuri even couldn’t finish her sentence.

“No one bites you if you don’t! Just come down… Unless you come down, I have to go up” Jessica shouted.

“Yuri yah just come down! Jessica is late because of you… I have no idea why your teachers gave too much homework. She has been doing her homework since she reached home yesterday. I bet she doesn’t sleep well” her mother complained.

“Mrs. Kwon, she’s the only one who does her homework regularly in her major. That’s why she’s the book warm or study bug in our university” Jessica sighed.

“Jess, stop complaining! I’m coming! I’ve finished all of my homework” Yuri came down.

“Yuri, don’t even say that you’re going school like that” Jessica pointed out Yuri’s style.

“What? That’s me, and my style” Yuri grabbed her school bag.

“Yuri, just put on some makeup!” Jessica’s dolphin scream made Yuri shocked.

“Jess, I’m OK. I look good” Yuri thought Jessica was annoying.

“OK… let’s go! We’re late… and Suho is waiting for us” Jessica gave up.

“Why didn’t you call him here?” asked Yuri and putting on her sneakers.

“Next time” Jessica answered back in short. “Let’s run! We’re late! If we are late, we have to do the detention thing!” Yuri shouted.

“Told you before…”

After they walked for a couple of minutes, they met Suho who seem inpatient

“What take you so long?” Suho asked. “I’m sorry. That’s my fault but we must hurry up now otherwise, we’ll late” Yuri sighed.

“Yuri, I… It’s university… not high school. No one cares we’re late or not if we don’t get caught by Mr. Jim.” Jessica interrupted.

“I’m just afraid of that I’ll miss the lessons” Yuri replied

“Kwon Yuri!” the teacher called her name… “Why’s she late?” the teacher sighed.

“Ms. Kim! Please start teaching!” one of the student shouted.

“We must wait for Yuri” she replied.

“Why must we? She’s late enough to be in detention room” Hyuna complained.

“OK…” Ms. Kim said, “I’ll start to teach you guys! At first, show me your homework”

Everyone in the class became silent after hearing the word ‘homework’

“Show me… Kim Hyuna” the teacher lent her hand in front of Hyuna.

“I’m sorry I’m late!” Yuri shouted with her appearance.

“Hi Yuri… did you do your homework?” Ms. Kim asked.

“Yes…” she smiled lending her book to Ms. Kim.

“You did well… see Hyuna, you will never win Yuri” Ms. Kim smiled and went back to her place.

“When did she do her homework?” others were whispering here and there.

The thing she can do is to sigh and ignore the icy glances flowing towards her especially Hyuna.

After the class, Ms. Kim went out smiling in satisfy face to Yuri.

Yuri smiled back

“Kwon Yuri,” she heard someone is calling from back. Without looking up her she knew it was Hyuna with her following girls

“Hyuna… I… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you” Yuri apologized.

“Next time, don’t do the homework. Even if you do it, don’t show it to Ms. Kim…” Hyuna said.

“Hyuna I’ll help you with your homework” Yuri replied back, “I’ll help you with it”

“No need” Hyuna smiled evilly, “I just want to win you”

By that time, fortunately, Jessica came and shouted, “Kim Hyuna, you again!” she said, “How many time do I need to tell you. Help yourself. That’s your fault that you didn’t finish your homework. She stayed up late to do her homework… that’s why you can’t beat her up”

“Stop saying that!” Hyuna commanded “Stop! I have to win her!”

“But you will never win!” Jessica shouted. “Jess stop!” Yuri tried to stop her.

“Let’s go Yuri!”

Yuri and Jessica were walking towards the canteen.

When they saw Suho waving them, they waved back.

“Sooyeon what took you so long?” Suho asked

“Well, I’m just helping Yuri from being bullied” she explained.

“Again, from Hyuna” he sighed. “Yuri you are the one who do things right! So… don’t be afraid of them”

“I’m not afraid” Yuri opened her book, “I just don’t want to hurt others!”

“But they’re hurting you” Jessica patted Yuri’s back.

“I know… but every day she was told that she will never beat me by every teacher” Yuri sighed, “That might hurt her more”

“By the way do you hear that he’s coming back to Korea?” Suho asked.

“Who are you talking about?” Jessica asked

“That guy from China!” he said, “The Wu guy!”

“Do you mean Wu…?” asked Jessica in half shocked.

“Yep…” although they’re talking about someone, Yuri didn’t have attention on them, only to her book.

“Can you guys please order me some fresh juice?” asked Yuri without looking them.

“How about you Sooyeon, What do you want?” Suho looked to Jessica.

“Me too”

At the same time,

The paparazzi are flattering their cameras and blocking the way of the Wu guy.

“Excuse me!” shouted that guy.

But no response of his excuses. He suddenly held his bag firmly and ran away.

“Kris!” everyone shouted following him.

He panted holding his bag and has a look to that place where he was standing

“Kris?” he heard the familiar voice.

“Victoria? Victoria!!!” he shouted and hugged her.

“I missed you!” she smiled.

“Me too, my friend” Kris smiled looking at her

“Friend…” she giggled with unsatisfied face.

“I missed you when I heard the Chinese voices” Kris joked.

“Welcome home, Kris…” another voice occurred. “Krystal?” Kris gasped.

“Yes… nice to meet you Oppa” Krystal smiled. “Nice to meet you too”

“I must go home… they’re waiting for me”

“Yuri, do you want to follow with me?” Jessica asked with sparkling eyes. “Where?”

“Well, it’s our… I mean my… actually today is my birthday” Jessica sighed.

“Jess, stop kidding! Your birthday is at 18th April” Yuri smiled

“And today is 18th April. The flowers are blooming! And it is hot! That’s April!”

“OMG! Jess, I’m sorry… So sorry Jess. I just forgot it!” shouted Yuri.

“It’s OK. You’re always busy with your homework” Jessica smiled in sad face.

“This is my entire fault… OK… I’ll fulfill your wish. Say whatever you want” Yuri said holding Jessica’s arm.

“Come with me… Suho planned a birthday party for me” Jessica smiled looking into Yuri’s eyes.

“Whatever you…” Yuri cut her sentence when she heard the word “party?”

“Yuri, you’re a 21 year old university student!” Jessica shouts

“OK… Only tonight

“Kris, I missed you!” shouted Mrs. Wu.

“Mom… I missed you too” Kris hugged back Mrs. Wu. “So how was your experience son?” asked Mr. Wu.

“I’m graduated!” he shouted!

“I’m proud of you” Mr. Wu patted his shoulder. “Nice to meet you Victoria” Mrs. Wu smiled.

“My pleasure” Victoria replied with her warm smile

“So… um… I received your calls since this morning” Mr. Wu said to Kris.

“From who?”

“Your friends: they told me to remind you that they have party to welcome you this night” Mr. Wu explained.

“Tonight?” Kris sighed. “It’s OK, son. You are 22. You have your own choice. You can maintain yourself. You don’t need permission from me” smiled Mrs. Wu hugging him.

“I’ll shower up and meet them” Kris wailed.

“OK…”

..................................................................