Goodnight Beautiful

The Wild Boy

Kai’s P.O.V

At that moment, I couldn’t contain my feels. I lunged at him and pulled him down with me. I wrapped all four limbs around his petite body and snuggled my face into the crook of his neck. I couldn't describe what he smelt like, but I just knew that this must be what a home would smell like. Kyungsoo will always be my home, where I can follow this scent and find him standing at the end of the trail.

 

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V

To say that I was shocked would be an understatement. I wasn't used to having someone I barely knew in such close proximity. I wasn't complaining though, Kai was really cute, i must admit. There was something about him though, something else. I couldn't help but feel attatched to him so soon after he saved me from that wild fire. He was like my knight in shining armour- no scratch that, he was like my Superman that swept me off my feet. Wait, no! He was like my Tarzan. Yes, that title suited him perfectly.

 

His body warmth was comforting, especially on such a cold and rainy day. I thought that after today’s events I’d cry myself  to sleep, but to my surprise I could feel my eyelids drooping. I turned around to face Kai and shuffled closer into his embrace. He un-wrapped his legs and let them entwine with mine. It felt like this moment would last forever, Kai holding me in his embrace, protecting me from the dangers of that living forest that took away my mother. Hopefully it won't take him away too...

 

Narrator’s P.O.V

Even though Kai’s legs weren’t tangled around the shorter boy’s waist, his arms only pulled Kyungsoo closer as he nestled his face into the shorter boy’s dark brown locks. Kai never knew what it was like to be in love… but he was starting to get an idea of what it would be like. The thought of having this warm feeling of content all the time was like a dream come true to Kai.

So there he lay. Taking in his scent. Listening to his steady breaething. Feeling Kyungsoo’s heartbeat against his own. Kai runs his fingertip over the small curve of the sleeping boy’s heart shaped lips, but pulled away so he could gaze at his Kyungsoo. His dream come true.

“Goodnight Beautiful” Kai made himself comfortable before drifting off to sleep with Kyungsoo cradled in his arms.