First Day of School

The Wild Boy

Kyungsoo turned the key and pushed the rigid door open with all of his might. Kai followed close behind the shorter male, as he was unfamiliar to his new surroundings. Kyungsoo led Kai upstairs to the guest rooms and told him to stay in the one across the hall from Kyungsoo’s room. Kai however, stood his ground refusing to stay in the practically empty room.

“Jongin, it’s getting late. Just go to bed now, okay baby?” Kyungsoo’s hands were placed on Kai’s back as he gently guided the latter through the doorframe. Kai had something else in mind. He turned around and ducked under Kyungsoo’s arms, making his way the shorter male’s room. Kai dived under the covers and suppressed his giggles when he heard Kyungsoo’s footsteps coming closer.

“Hmm… I wonder where Jongin is. Where, oh where could he be?” Kyungsoo lamely acted.

“RAAAWWRR!! Kekeke!” Kai pounced on the shortie, tackling him onto the floor while giggling like a child.

“OMO!! Yah, Kim Jongin. You almost gave me a heart attack!” Kai’s smile disappeared and was replaced with a look of worry. He then sat up straight and crossed his legs, positioning Kyungsoo so that he was lying across his lap.

“Soo- ah, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. Please don’t have a heart attack and die…”

Kyungsoo turned around to see Kai’s watery eyes looking down at him. He gently Kai’s cheek and brushed the tears away.

“You’re so silly, I’m too young to die. I’m only scared when you’re not here, so stay by my side or else I might get a heart attack for real.” Kyungsoo joked. Typical Kai didn’t sense the humour and quickly wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s small frame and held him close, cradling him back and forth.

“I promise I won’t ever leave you, so you don’t have anything to be scared of anymore.” Kai whispered into his lover’s ear and placed a soft kiss on his temple.

~~~~~

 

Kyungsoo had enrolled Kai to the same school that he was currently attending; SM High. As the two walked through the corridor, all the girls would squeal when Kai walked past them, not even acknowledging their existence. Wherever Kai went, people would always stare, not bothering to look away when awkward eye contact was made.

“Kyungsoo, why are all these people looking at me? Do I have something on my face?” Kai cowered behind the shorter male from the peers, growing more insecure y the second.

“Ani, my Jongin is just so handsome that it makes them forget that staring is rude.” Kyungsoo smiled reassuringly before bringing Kai back to his side and intertwined their fingers. The first class bell rang and everyone rushed off to class. Unfortunately for Kai, he didn’t share any classes with Kyungsoo and didn’t know his way around. Kyungsoo walked Kai to his first class and introduced him to the class because he was still a bit shy.

When Kyungsoo turned around to leave and go to his own class, he was stopped by Kai’s adorable puppy dog expression, begging him not to leave. After a few minutes of discussion, Kyungsoo persuaded him to sit next to a pretty noona and be friendly. Kyungsoo told the teacher that Kai had studied abroad so his Korean was a bit poor.

As soon as Kyungsoo stepped foot out of the classroom, all the girls shuffled their desks closer to Kai’s. The closest ones tried to start up a conversation, while the others further away just stared at his handsome face. It happened to fast and was very overwhelming for Kai that he found it scary. A small pout formed on his lips and eyes glistening. Cries of adoration erupted from the group of girls at how cute the frightened boy was. Luckily for Kai, Miss Kim took notice and ordered everyone to move their tables back.

“Oh? What’s wrong? Don’t be sad, Taeyeon noona’s here. Now tell me, what’s troubling you boy?” Kai looked up and was greeted by a warm smile.

“I miss Kyungiie.” His pout deepened and tears were threatening to fall.

“Aigoo~ you’re really too cute. Don’t cry dear, you’ll get to see him at recess and lunch.” Kai nodded slowly and turned his attention back to the teacher’s lesson.

 

At lunch, Kyungsoo introduced Kai to an old friend of his, Joonmyun. Kyungsoo and Joonmyun have been close friends since they were young children. Joonmyun’s older brother Suho was Kwangsoo’s apprentice. Since his brother and Kyungsoo’s dad worked together, they often had the opportunity to play with one another. Throughout high school, Joonmyun developed a crush for Kyungsoo.

The three would always hang out together and Joonmyun was starting to get suspicious of this ‘Kai’ that Kyungsoo seemed so fond of. He’d seen the boy’s face before and the name reminded him of something, but he couldn’t remember where from. Suho’s birthday was on Sunday and there was a celebration party on the Saturday. Kyungsoo and Kai were invited of course and so were a lot of older people, which meant only one thing; Alcohol.

And wherever there was alcohol, Kyungsoo would turn into a party animal; which is just what Joonmyun needed. A drunk Kyungsoo for him to confess his feelings to. Sober Kyungsoo was too much pressure, but since Kyungsoo would be drunk, Joonmyun could make up stories by morning and tell them like they were true. Stories like ‘I confessed yesterday and you accepted my feelings. The day you became my boyfriend was the best day of my life.’ knowing that Kyungsoo would feel too guilty to break up with him.

That way, Joonmyun can have Kyungsoo all to himself and no Kyungsoo for Kai. /evil laugh