Take me Home

The Wild Boy

K.A.I’s P.O.V

The school gates were surrounded by men in suits and sleek black Mercedes’ were parked outside, taking up every parking spot around the block. I admit I was scared, but I had to be tough for Kyungiie hyung. He held onto my hand securely and lead me towards the school gates, into the hallways. However, before we even reached the gates a tall and sturdy man in dark shades stepped before, stopping us in our tracks.

“Not so fast son, you’re coming with us.” With no further explanation, he dragged us into the back of a black sedan and drove off before we could even put our seatbelts on. In no time at all, the car stopped at a halt and we were being forcefully guided through what looked like a backdoor in a dark alley; like in those action movies we watch all the time on T.V.

When we were inside, Kyungsoo and I were separated by a solid glass wall in between two rooms. I was scared, even though I don’t remember anything; this scene felt all too familiar and it only made me even more terrified. I pushed my body against the wall and flattened my palms opposite of Kyungsoo’s. His eyes were large and unsure; I could tell he was scared too. I didn’t care if they locked me in a room away from everything I’d finally become accustomed to, just as long as they didn’t take away my angel.

 

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V

I should have seen this coming. This had something to do with the brown envelope, there was no other explanation. Kai looked so frightened it hurt to watch him suffer. This place must have been familiar to him somehow, and it probably brought traumatizing memories along with it. He had every right to be scared and I just wanted to hold him and tell him that everything would be okay. Everything would be okay because we were together, but right now we were separated.

All the rooms were built up of transparent walls for surveillance purposes. He couldn’t have been any more vulnerable than how he was at that moment, I wanted to reach out and his hair gently feeling the soft strands run through my fingers. There was a click and the double doors across the room opened automatically, revealing a very agitated looking Suho. He had this scary aura eroding off him and I could see the co-workers stepping away when he walked past.

“What is the meaning of this?!!” His voice roared through the room as everyone stopped what they were doing to give him their undivided attention. “I said to bring them here, not manhandle them and throw them in cages like animals! Let them out this instance!” No one dared to argue with Suho when he was angry. He was actually a very kind person, just don’t hurt his loved ones or he will hurt you instead. “Kyungsoo, Kai, I apologise for all of this. Let me get some files and I’ll explain everything once I get back so you two stay put.” He left the room through different doors, muttering something about bloody interns and their small brains.

As soon as we were freed Kai ran to me and wrapped my body with his long arms protectively. His heart rate was extremely fast and his breathing heavy. We had talked about it before, his past, it must have been a dark time but we had to go there; and I had a feeling that today was going to bring us lots of answers. A moment later Suho re-entered the room with a dishevelled Joonmyun and some tall guy that was probably twice my height.

“Okay, so you’re all probably wondering why I’ve gathered you all her today. First of all, let’s start off with a reunion. XingXing, you can come out now, don’t be scared.” Suho called out softly to a boy hiding behind a body guard. He was older than me but his shy dimples made him look childish. He stood there fiddling with his fingers for a minute before practically throwing himself at Kai. There were tears running down his face as he continued to hold him. Kai gave me a wary look but I told him hug him back. He refused at first but when I started threating him using my hands he rested his head on the latter’s shoulder and patted his back gently.

“K.A.I… I missed you.” Kai seemed as if he was having a moment of realisation, as if the memories were finally coming back to him. Suho tried to pry the boy’s arms off of Kai but he seemed persistent, saying that this might be the last time they would meet.

“L.A.Y?... I-Is that you?” the boy referred to as L.A.Y looked up with wide eyes and a sob escaped his lips. They stood there for a long time, silently reminiscing about their past memories. Suho then informed us about a few changes that had to be made. He said that Kai’s dad was gravely ill and Kai was to move into his family’s house and attend a new school of his father’s choice. Kyungsoo just nodded as Suho spilt out all the information in one go. Kyungsoo looked over to check on how Kai was doing and smiled at the younger male. Kyungsoo was glad that he had a new friend of his own that wasn’t trying to get in his pants.

 

Narrator’s P.O.V

That night, they arrived home to find Yoo-ra drunk and throwing plates around. Kyungsoo ushered Kai to go upstairs into their shared room and pack his bags. There was no way that Kyungsoo and Kai were staying in a house with that witch. After making sure that Kai had reached the top of the stairs safely, Kyungsoo waited for her to move out of view before running up the stairs quietly as well. The two of them hastily packed their bags with all of their belongings in silence. On their way home they already decided that Kyungsoo was going to stay with Kai in his house, not that he actually had a say in any of this anyway. When Kai was done packing, Kyungsoo told him to carefully make his way downstairs and wait for Suho’s men to pick them up.

When Kai disappeared down the stairs, Kyungsoo continued packing until he heard a clash and a yelp coming from the first floor. He grabbed his bags and ran down stairs to check if anything happened that wasn’t according to plan. He found Kai being cornered by Yoo-ra with a half empty bottle of champagne in her hand. She let out a loud cackle and took another long swig from the bottle. “Aren’t you a pretty one? What is someone so fine like you doing with that little mutt, aye?” Her words were slurred and she struggled to stand straight.

Her free hand was feeling Kai’s chest and would occasionally stop to slap away his intruding hands. He glanced over at me and in that split second I saw his eyes. There was a look of complete and utter fear, almost as if he’d jump off a cliff just to get away. I stormed over and pried her hands and body off the younger. “YAH! YOU DUMB ! Who do you think you are, touching me with your filthy hands?” Yoo-rah slapped Kyungsoo across the face, his left cheek swelling up and possibly leaving a bruise. Kai took the opportunity to grab Kyungsoo and his bags and make a run for it. With Kyungsoo over his shoulder, Kai bolted through the door and ran towards the black sports car. After piling their bags into the car, Kyungsoo told the driver to take them to Joonmyun’s house first, they had business to discuss.

 

Author's note:

Sorry that I haven't updated often and even when I do it isn't that much but course counseling is on and guess who's going Manifest on Friday? :D I AM ES! YEAHYAA :)

In class we're writing these short narratives with a word limit of 500 words except... My introduction is 460 words already >.> (this is why you don't treat a short story as a fic)

Probably going to adjust it and upload it onto AFF because it's fic related by coincidense (I swear) kekeke. Been reading to many fics atm and not updating my own Mianhae!! <3 ILY

anwayys, peace out yo! 

Banghim_xoxo