Joon B'Day

The Wild Boy

5 months have passed since Kai’s first memory flashback. They were beginning to become more frequent and traumatizing to the point where Suho had to keep Kai in his old cell to help the remembering process and for his safety. This also means that Kyungsoo has to stay in a mansion by himself. SooMan is still there but no visitors are allowed into his room and he only comes out occasionally for toilet breaks because his bathroom has plumbing issues. Nights get lonely but Kyungsoo somehow finds the strength to carry on with the lonely nights filled with tear stained pillow cases and empty forts.

If there were two things that Kyungsoo had limits to however, those two things would be sanity and loyalty. Over the period of time which seemed like forever to a poor young boy with abandonment issues, Kyungsoo slowly began to develop complete 180 mood swings. One minute he’d be all smiles and the next he could easily be mistaken for a spawning of Satan.

His loyalty however… that’s a different story, which we will get back to don’t you worry.

Back at the lab, Kai has been making great progress and Kris even thinks he has a lead on who the ‘mysterious men’ were. Even though he was instructed to sleep in his own chamber at night by Suho, he would often sneak into L.A.Y’s chamber where he was more than welcome so he could be mothered by the older male. Kai was too used to sleeping in a bed with Kyungsoo and now everything felt too cold and bare for him.

Kyungsoo tried to visit Kai as much as possible but it was difficult with school and studies getting in the way. Sooner or later, Kyungsoo stopped making efforts to visit Kai and physically meet him. The younger boy began to worry, because his Kyungsoo might be sick or something. So that’s what Kyungsoo let him believe, just to make things a little easier for himself; sure, I’m just sick and I don’t want you to get sick too. Be good Kai.

Be good Kai.

Kyungsoo had cut down on his visits and he also cut down on the affection. Sometimes when Kai can’t sleep, he thinks about Kyungsoo because Kyungsoo is always the first thing that comes to mind. Sometimes he wonders if Kyungsoo thinks of him too, if he’s the first thing that comes to Kyungsoo’s mind. Sometimes he’s in doubt, when Kyungsoo snaps at him over the phone or when Kyungsoo doesn’t have enough time for him. And in those times of doubt, he wonders if Kyungsoo misses him the way he misses Kyungsoo, if Kyungsoo has gotten sick of him the same way he gets sick of boiled potatoes.

Suho said that he’s improving well and the midnight spasms are less frequent so Kai can go home earlier than expected. Kai decides to tell Kyungsoo his release from the lab was postponed and crawl into bed with Kyungsoo that night so he can wake up to Kai’s face as a surprise. Kyungsoo loved surprises, so does Kai. But after a certain shocking event he has learnt to hate surprises.


May 22nd Saturday 2013.

It was the Saturday after Joonmyun’s birthday when the affair took place. Kyungsoo arrived at the club to see Joonmyun and Yixing getting comfy in the corner of the private booth with their legs comfortably sprawled across the others’. As soon as he was spotted, Joonmyun gave Yixing a shove to make room for Kyungsoo to set next to him. The class president seemed to miss the fleeting look of rejection in the transfer student’s expression, unlike Kyungsoo whom which it stuck out like a sore thumb to.

Now very hesitant, Kyungsoo sat between the two other boys who he assumed were slightly tipsy due to their flushed faces and bubbly personas. There were other students who were invited on the dance floor and a few at the bar. “Yixing! Fetch my beautiful Kyungsoo a drink.” Joonmyun ordered. With an expressionless face, Yixing left to the bar, muttering a quiet stupid Joon, never calls me beautiful.

“So, Soo! Heard Kai’s coming back in a few days.” Joonmyun watched as Kyungsoo’s expressions surprisingly remained stoic and he replied a nonchalant “Yeah, let’s not talk about him.” Joonmyun felt warmth inside him at the thought of having a chance. After Kyungsoo downed the rest of his hyung’s whiskey, the two eventually made their way to the dance floor and let the strong taste of Wild Turkey wash away their worries.

Yixing returned back to the table to find it empty, still holding Kyungsoo’s drink. He looked over the railing to see Joonmyun and his Kyungsoo grinding against one another. Yixing always thought Kyungsoo was dating that tanned model like kid but he turned a blind eye for tonight; because even before the night had begun he knew he would be spending it alone despite the fact that he was in a room surrounded by people.

The transfer student slumped down on the sofa before drinking away his problems for tonight. Stupid idiot he recalled the numerous amount of times when Joonmyun would ramble on and on about how perfect Kyungsoo and how much he liked the other boy, yet Yixing still got his hopes up. It’s too late now. He chugged the remaining of what he thought was his 5th vodka before his eyes caught sight of a timid boy at the club entrance.


“Here’s your stop kid. If you need any help, Suho said not to hesitate to call. Take care.” Kai waved goodbye to the black sports car one of Suho’s men brought him here in. Kai currently stood in front of XOXO, the club Joonmyun was holding his birthday celebration. The minute he stepped in, there was already a small crowd of girls forming around him. They were all dressed in tight, short party dresses and their manicured hands Kai’s face and also in some areas below the belt if you know what I mean.

The sound of a familiar voice reached his ears and a figure pushed its way through the girls to reach the centre. “Back off ladies, my friend here is not available to take part in any fo your dirty thoughts so we’ll just be going now.” Yixing threw an arm around Kai’s shoulders and lead him back outside, back to where he started.

“Hyung, I appreciate your help but I need to fund Kyungsoo. I’m going to surprise him. Kyungie likes surprises.” Kai beamed at the older like a child that just found a lost puppy. Yixing just smirked and patted him on the head.

“Your Kyungie is not here Kai-ssi. I saw him throw up before and I’m pretty sure Joonmyun took him home. Come on then, let’s catch a taxi since I actually came here in joonmyun’s car.” Kai followed the older boy into a taxi after it pulled up in front of the club. The car ride was less awkward than they thought it would be. Yixing talked about his dancing skills and Kai confessed to dancing in his living room when Kyungsoo wasn’t around.

“You look like someone I know. One of my old… roommates, kind of looks like you. I think you guys should meet one day, he’s very nice.” Yixing smiled fondly at Kai because the latter resembled a pup half the time and he found it very endearing. “Funny you say that, Joonmyun told me the same thing not too long ago.” Kai nodded eagerly and said something about htem being friends.

Yixing was about to drift off to sleep but then the taxi pulled in to Kai’s driveway and the taxi told them to get out. After trudging up the steep driveway, Kai unlocked the front door and held it open to let Yixing in first like the gentleman Kyungsoo taught him to be.

Kai rushed up the stairs, guided by the masking tape with Yixing following behind slowly. The Chinese boy had to be careful or else he might suffer a migraine and have his breakfast come up from the same route it went down in. he took in his surroundings, paying extra attention to all the details. Kai skipped past the open rooms and was practically running when he hear Kyungsoo’s voice coming from their shared room.

Yixing paused his steps when he came across a large room filled with doonas, bed sheets and pillows. Curiosity was always the one to kill the  cat as Yixing stayed to examine the room. He came upon what seemed like a pile of blankets and a sign written in crayon;

On the other side of the room was a well-structured fort and a sign that was vandalised, or should I say “edited”.

The chinese boy chuckled at how their handwriting seemed to match each other's personas, like they completed each other.

Yixing stuck his head out the door into the hallway when he heard a loud scream come from down the hall.


Author's Note: I know this and that i bu I am really sorry and I'll probably delete it after I finish.

Wjhy after you ask? idk, just felt liek i needed to feel self accomplishment.

peace. xoxo