Chanyeol: Today's Going to Be A Good Day

The Butterfly Effect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol walks into the kitchen, and sees his sister seated and eating the breakfast his mother made them. The older woman is grinning as she talks loudly to their mother.

“Channie sit down and eat,” his mother calls out to him when she sees him standing beside the entryway, eyes shining with confusion.

“Noona what are you doing here,” Chanyeol asks, taking a seat beside the older woman.

“My class was canceled,” his sister tells him. “So I decided to take my only nam-dongsaeng to school today. You could use a ride to school every now and then right,” she asks him with grin.

Chanyeol smiles back at her, eyes shining brightly as he thanks his older sister and starts to eat his breakfast. Chanyeol can always feel when it’s going to be a good day, and today when he woke up well rested and grinning he knew it was going to be another good day for him. Sure he didn’t have basketball practice but he was okay with that, he had tomorrow to practice.

Chanyeol follows his sister down to her car, climbing into the passenger seat of her lime green car.

“So,” his elder sister starts as she drives away from their home. “How’s school Channie?”

“School’s school,” Chanyeol shrugs. “It’s the usual.”

“And how are you doing are you still in the top ten,” She asks him.

“I’m still fifth,” Chanyeol answers.

“You must have a lot of enemies,” his noona teases. “I would seriously hate to be you.”

“Why,” Chanyeol asks, a laugh slipping from his lips.

“You get in the top ten despite not having to study, you’ve got seriously awesome looks inherited from your amazingly beautiful older sister, and you’re the star of the basketball team. You’re like the ultimate over-achiever.”

“At least my ego isn’t oversized,” Chanyeol jokes, laughing when his sister reaches out to hit him.

“Jerk,” She mutters before perking up again. “How’s Baekkie, and Jongdae. I haven’t seen Jongdae since he came back; you should tell him to visit me, Baekkie too.”

“Baekhyun doesn’t like it when you call him Baekkie, it makes him feel like you’re emasculating him, and I’m pretty sure he’s afraid of you so he won’t be visiting anytime soon. I think Jongdae’s afraid of you too, to be honest.”

“Afraid,” his sister repeats, confusion crossing her features, “why would anyone be afraid of me. I’m only a 165cm girl.” She pouts her lips cutely. Chanyeol rolls his eyes and does his best to stifle a laugh.

“You’ve been scaring them since back in elementary school,” Chanyeol tells her. “You even made Baekhyun cry before.”

“Not purposely,” his sister mutters.  When she pulls up in front of the school, Chanyeol hurries out and she grins rolling down her window to shout out to him. “Bye Channie-baby, have a great day at school! Noona loves you!” Chanyeol doesn’t let the smile slip from his lips, normally kids his age would have been embarrassed with an elder sibling's exaggerated display of affection but Chanyeol didn’t mind, his sister had always been like that and after nearly 16 years of experiencing it he had gotten used to it.

He walks into the school, biding hello to the many people greeting him on the way, being a basketball star, and pretty good student had him on the top of everyone’s “Who to befriend in high school’ list. As he rounds a corner he sees Jongdae and can’t help but to shout the older male’s name.

His long legs easily take him closer to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter