Luhan: My Neighbors

The Butterfly Effect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bleach burns, the tingling sensation running from his scalp to his brain and he’s pretty sure if Minseok was in this bathroom with him he would make a joke about him losing even more precious brain cells. He’s used to the pain of bleaching hair and it doesn’t hurt like it first did, the burning stopped hurting as much after the first few times.

“I’m pretty sure you’re killing off the last of your brain cells Luhan,” his inner Minseok teases, as Luhan leans against the porcelain sink, eyes looking into the streaked mirror wondering if his eyebrows will look okay with his hair.

“I’m such a girl,” he groans out, slumping against the sink. There’s no window in the bathroom, and the only thing stopping the strong stench of chemicals from knocking him out is the open bathroom door.

Lee Sunkyu, or Sunny as the 24 year old beautician preferred to be called looked inside the bathroom raising an eyebrow. Her hair was a short artificial blonde after having been an ugly shade of purple that made Luhan doubt her credentials.

“What I mean is,” Luhan starts off, backtracking on his words. If it there was one rule to follow in this world it would be to never piss off the person that had control over your hair, that’s why Luhan kept his mouth shut about Sunny’s purple monstrosity. Just because he thought she looked like a short twinky-winky doesn’t mean he had to voice it and she had to know it.

“I feel feminine, most guys aren’t exactly worried about rather or not their eyebrows will match their new hair.”

“Yeah well most guys don’t get their hair bleached inside of the girl that lives below them bathroom,” Sunny replies, pursing her lips together as if she’s in deep thought. “Most guys would probably be doing other things in the girl from the second floor bathroom.”

Luhan blinks his doe eyes stupidly as he stares at the older woman before he scrunches up his nose, in a look that he hope doesn’t really portray the slight disgust he feels. “Are you trying to hit on me,” He asks, hesitantly.

“No,” Sunny says shaking her head. “I’m stating a fact, you’re not most guys Luhan, haven’t you already figured that out yet?”

“Are you calling me gay,” Luhan asks with a frown, not sure if it’s the chemicals that are messing with his sense of understanding or the fact that Korean is a second language he’s still working on.

“Does different automatically equate to gay in your mind or is this one of those insecure teen boy moments,” Sunny asks, stepping into the cramp bathroom, the crappy ceiling light making her yellow-blonde hair look more yellow than blonde.

“No,” Luhan states glaring hard at her, “I’m not gay, and I’m not girly.”

“I never said you were,” Sunny supplies, sitting on the closed toilet, her dark brown eyes shining with amusement, “and if it makes you feel any better, the honor student came here earlier and his hair’s a pretty shade of pink now. Luckily Tiffany wasn’t here or she probably would have kidnapped the kid.”

“He’s a middle schooler,” Luhan says, flashing her a disbelieving look. “And wait you dyed Sehun’s hair pink? Did he piss you off?”

“A middle schooler with pink hair,” Sunny states, “Fany would’ve probably just feed him strawberry milk or something, and no he didn’t piss me off he asked for it. I’m not that mean.”

“Hold up,” Luhan says, narrowing his eyes at her, and frowning. “Are we talking about the same kid here? Academy sessions, barely ever smiles in public, Oh Sehun?”

“Yeah,” Sunny nods, “but he seemed really nervous about the whole ordeal. So I didn’t really ask.” Luhan stares at her before turning away, silently wondering what was going on with his younger neighbor.

The blonde hair suits him, the bathroom light gives the newly dyed hair a slight golden hue but even in the streaked mirror he can tell that it came out well.

He rummages in his bag and takes out a few bills, handing it to Sunny, who’s sitting in her kitchen on her cellphone.

“Hold on,” she tells the person she’s talking to. “Yah what do I look like taking this?”

“A professional,” Luhan guesses, his eyes shining with amusement.

“I’ll feel like a bully if I take money from the foreign exchange kid that lives above me. You can start paying me when you start eating more than just cups of Ramen.” Luhan pouts and take the money back; he knows that he’ll end up eventually paying her back even if she doesn’t realize it when he does.

Luhan exits Sunny’s apartment with a thanks and a goodbye and then proceeds up the emergency stairway to his apartment at the end of the hall. He pauses a few feet from his door when he catches sight of bubblegum pink hair and milky white skin.

“You really went and dyed your hair pink,” Luhan muses aloud, eyes on the younger boy, watching as Sehun lifts his head to throw a curious glance at him. Sehun reached up, tentatively tucking a pink lock of hair behind his ear before grinning up at Luhan.

“You dyed your hair too hyung,” Sehun states.

“Yeah,” Luhan replies, “but maybe I should have dyed it your color, it’s nice.”

“Thanks,” Sehun mutters. Luhan walks over to his door and turns back to Sehun.

“Why are you sitting in front of your door?”

“My dad’s inside,” Sehun states.

“Oh,” Luhan replies, “Do you want to come in until he leaves?”

“Um,” Sehun starts off, seeming hesitant. Luhan flashes him a reassuring smile and beckons him on with his head.

“Come on,” Luhan states, “I was just going to wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter