Zitao: I'm Fine Alone

The Butterfly Effect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao notices the tall, blonde haired Asian guy walk inside his apartment complex with an equally tall woman beside him. The woman is talking happily, and the guy is frowning, nodding every now and then but even Tao can tell that he’s not really paying attention.

It’s mere coincidence seeing the guy from before stepping out of a white car, giving a careless wave to the driver and adjusting his backpack. Tao’s pace quickens as he watches the new kid slip into the school grounds with easy confidence, steps slow and lazy like he doesn’t care when he gets to class.

Part of Tao wants to talk to the older male, he remembers the woman speaking in Mandarin and Tao knows better than anyone else that if you’re not Korean you’re either going to have to be scary, conform yourself like that one senior, or risk being bullied.

It wasn’t that Tao in particular was scary, it was that everyone else was afraid of him. Tao was actually far from scary, he was trained in Wushu which meant he knew how to control his temper besides all his friends back home used to call him a crybaby because he was a pretty sensitive kid.

Tao wasn’t an idiot however, he knew exactly why people were afraid of him despite him being a freshman at the huge school, and to be honest he hated the reasons. Just because on the outside he appeared intimidating, people chose to avoid him without even having a proper conversation with him.

Tao knew he should be happy, if people got to know the real him, he would probably end up bullied but to be honest his lack of interaction with people kept his Korean language skills at a very low level.

He steps into his class and doesn’t bother to react as people shuffle uncomfortably out of his way. It’s been happening since the beginning of the school year and despite being completely confused at first, Tao had no choice but to be acceptant of it.

He walks briskly pass Kim Jongin, the boy that lived two floors above him with his older sister, and glances quickly at the male. Jongin’s eyes are trained on his cellphone, grimace on his pouty lips as he smashes the buttons of the phone profusely. Jongin also happened to be the only person in the whole class that didn’t avoid him like the plague, even though his friends would pull him away right before he got pummeled by the silent Chinese assassin, and subsequently before he could have a real conversation with Tao.

Tao takes his seat in the back of the class and listens to his ipod, until the teacher comes, fingers drumming softly on the desk. After attendance is ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter