Baekhyun: Bad Day

The Butterfly Effect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun lays against his bed, eyes on his cellphone as he types out a message with quick thumbs. He reads it over, once, twice, and presses the send, his third message in less than fifteen minutes. He knows that he should be patient but he can’t, his favorite blogger might have quit despite all the messages of encouragement and love that Baekhyun has sent him since the beginning, and now the guy wouldn't even message him back.

There’s a knock on his door and his mother peeks inside.

“Oh you’re dressed,” Baekhyun’s mother says looking at her son in surprise. “I expected you to still be in bed.”

“I’m not that bad,” Baekhyun mutters.

“You told me you weren’t going to school earlier today, are you going now,” She asks, raising an eyebrow and putting a hand on her hip.

“Of course,” Baekhyun exclaims. “I have to go to school.”

“Then finish getting ready and come down for breakfast,” his mother tells him, closing the door behind her as she leaves.

“Breakfast,” Baekhyun repeats, “I’m too depressed for breakfast.”

“I don’t care you’re eating breakfast,” his mother exclaims back, voice loud enough for him to here through his door.

“Aigo” she mutters to herself. “Why is my son so dramatic?”

Walking to school was boring for Baekhyun, after middle school, his family relocated closer to Gidae high school, the relocation was mere coincidence. His parents wanted to open a shop and they found a good place not too far from Baekhyun’s school even though he hadn’t been accepted around the time they brought the store.  Business was good for the Byun family, having an abundance of high school students coming in either in the early mornings or the late afternoon’s right before private academy sessions. The Byuns' convenience store was a family business, Baekhyun and his older brother helped out whenever they could for a less than minimum wage.

The walk to the school is short, and Baekhyun can’t help but to notice the rude glances and sneers in his direction. It annoyed him; he was treated like a freak, ridiculed, because of his personality and looks. Sure he had a small frame; sure he wore eyeliner and his voice wasn’t impossibly deep like Chanyeol’s. It didn’t mean that he should be bullied for it.

He used to fight the bullies back in middle school; him, Chanyeol, and Jongdae used to go head to head with his tormentors, arguments that turned to physical fights and neither side would leave un-bruised. Then Jongdae left, and Baekhyun got tired of all the fights and all the yelling and feeling like he owed his friends, he was tired of everything and so he stopped. He went back to being ridiculed and learned that if you just listened to them, you could escape with just a few harsh words and a bruised ego.

He’s sure Jongdae and Chanyeol know that he’s still being bullied, but they don’t help him anymore, he does his best to make sure they don’t witness it anymore.

Walking into the large school, he passes through the thongs of students trying to get tales of their weekend in before class. As he walks to where, he normally meets his friends, he sees Chanyeol tall frame turned away from him.

He starts off in a run, and when he’s closer enough to the taller male he lets out and overly-exaggerated call of “Channie.” He pushes his cellphone in the giant’s face and starts to complain about how life was completely unfair and how he didn’t know what to do now that his favorite blogger was possibly quitting. Chanyeol and Jongdae don’t care, but that’s okay with him, as long as they listen then he’s happy.

They eventually part ways. Jongdae and him going the opposite direction to their class. Jongdae knew more than Chanyeol that Baekhyun was still being bullied, he’d made the younger male swear to never tell Chanyeol that he wasn’t just suffering from harsh whispered words every now and then. Baekhyun then made Jongdae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter