Chapter 7

Arranged Marriage with Who? { OFFICIALLY ON HIATUS }

The week she spent by herself was very lonely. The only thing she had to keep her busy was school since Sunny and Tiffany had schedules and didn’t have time to spent with her. On the Saturday though, she got a text from an unknown number. She picked up her phone, cautiously checking the message, scared that it would be the beginning of the hate mail from Tao’s fans. She breathed a sigh of relief when she found out who it was.

Sunyoung guess who? It’s your favourite person, Siwon. Sunny gave me your number. Anyway I was wondering if you wanted to come and hang out with me and some of the Super Junior members. Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, Leeteuk and I don’t have schedules today so it’s pretty quiet. So how about it?

Smiling as she replied with a yes, and added the number to her contacts. He said that he would be around to pick her up soon. She rushed into her room, getting dressed and brushing her hair. A horn honked outside, and she ran out locking the door. Siwon was waiting in the car for her when she got in.

The car ride was short and as they reached the dorm she was almost dragged out the car by Kyuhyun.

“Sunyoung-ah thank goodness you are here I was being driven crazy!” He said, hugging her.

“Says the evil maknae. It’s more like the other way around.” Eunhyuk said and walked out of the dorm. “You must be Sunyoung. We’ve heard a lot about you from these two.” She nodded and bowed.

“Yes. It’s nice to meet you.” She replued. He nodded and she heard a voice yell out from inside.

“If you’re going to bring someone to the dorm, let them in before you start pestering them.” The voice, which she assumed belonged to Leeteuk said to them. Siwon laughed and gestured for her to go first. “Hello Sunyoung.” He said with a smile as she walked through the door.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” She said, bowing again.

“No need to be so formal around us.” He said gesturing for her to sit down next to him. She perched gingerly on the edge of the seat as she gazed around the room. Siwon noticed her nervousness and sat down on the other side of her.

Kyuhyun stood up and offered her a bunch of food and drink. “Kyuhyun-ah, I just want some water. And I’m not hungry; I had breakfast not that long ago.” Eunhyuk looked up.

“Breakfast? In the middle of the afternoon?” He said and she nodded.

“I get a bit lazy on the weekends. And plus, Tao or Kyungsoo isn’t there to hurry me along or get me to do something so I sleep late and hardly eat.” She replied, shrugging her shoulders. Siwon looked at her concerned.

“You hardly eat? That won’t be good for your health. You look like you’ve lost a lot of weight. What if Tao comes back and you’re super skinny? He’ll probably blame us for not looking after you.” He said worriedly. Everyone looked at him weirdly.

“What’s wrong with you Siwon she’s fine! And she said she hardly eats not that she doesn’t eat at all.” Kyuhyun said. She nodded and agreed.

“I’ll be fine, trust me.” She said and Leeteuk looked at all of them.

“Are you guys bored too?” He asked and everyone nodded. Leeteuk stood up and took the car keys. “Well let’s go somewhere then. Maybe we can get in the newspaper with our dongsaeng.” He said and they stood up.

“You’re just using me for the publicity.” She said jokingly. “Anyway I want to go get some bubble tea. Luhan and Sehun have gotten me addicted to the stuff.” She grinned and Siwon shook his head as he laughed.

“Move it then bubble girl.” He said, giving her a small nudge out the door.

A few minutes later the five of them are sitting around a table drinking bubble tea.

“Thank you for giving me something to do today.” She said, thanking them with a smile.

“Aigoo she’s too cute!” Eunhyuk said lightly pinching her cheek. Out the corner of her eyes she saw cameras flashing and resisted the urge to bang her head against the table top. “It’s hard being famous, isn’t it?” He remarked and she noded.

“Sometimes I wish this never happened but then I remember I wouldn’t have met Tao or any of you either.” She said with a cheery smile. Just then her phone buzzed and she picked it up. “Hello?” She answered and the voice she hadn’t heard for a week came over the phone.

“Sunyoung-ah I’ve missed you.” Tao’s voice, which she would recognise anywhere, was soothing.

“Tao!” She said excitedly and Siwon’s face fell the tiniest bit. Leeteuk noticed and frowned; he was going to talk to Siwon later. “I’ve missed you too.”

“Tao panda I missed you too!” Kyuhyun yelled out. Tao sounded puzzled.

“Are you with Kyuhyun at the moment?” He asked, a bit of jealousy in his voice.

“Yeah Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Siwon are here too. They took me out for bubble tea.” She explained.

“Okay. I was just calling to let you know that we will be at Singapore Airport tomorrow. I can’t wait to see you. And everyone has missed you.” Tao said and Kyungsoo’s voice yelled out.

“Tao is that Sunyoung? Give me the phone I want to talk to her!” There was a kerfuffle on the other line before Tao’s voice is back on with Kyungsoo’s voice screaming in the background. “Sunyoung your boyfriend is evil! Leave while you can!” She narrowed her eyes slightly.

“Tao, what did you do to Kyungsoo?” She asked warily.

Tao chuckled darkly. “Nothing. Nothing at all.” She stifled a laugh. This is a side of Tao she hadn’t seen. “Anyway we’ll see you tomorrow. Miss you heaps, bye!” He said a before a yell is heard and the line goes dead. She stared at your phone for a second before putting it back in her bag.

“What was that about?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Tao’s just going all ‘evil maknae’ on the guys.” She said shrugging. “I have to go now. I need to start packing for tomorrow.” Everyone stood up and they all walk to the car and Siwon drove the boys back to the dorm then drove her to the EXO dorm. Standing at the front door, she thanked him for the ride and for the day out.

“It’s no problem. Just remember me when you’re buying souvenirs next week.” He said smiling cheerily. She laughed and hugged him goodbye. “Uh Sunyoung? Before you go inside, I . . . uh . . .” She waited expectantly for him to say something. But instead of finishing his sentence he leaned in brushed his lips against her cheek then ran off. She stood there shocked, not believing what happened. She headed inside and locedk the door, shaking off what just happened and started packing for her big trip.

Back at the SuJu dorms, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk were playing a video game. Siwon was in his room when Leeteuk approached him.

“Siwon, what are your feelings towards Sunyoung?” Leeteuk asked and Siwon looked up surprised.

“She’s my friend hyung. Why do you ask?” He said rather hurriedly. Leeteuk gave him a look.

“I saw the expression on your face when Tao rang. You seemed upset. Siwon, do you have feelings for Sunyoung?” He said and Siwon slumped over exasperatedly.

“Yes. Yes I have feelings for her. But she has Tao. You could be talking to her but as soon as Tao appears she doesn’t even notice you anymore. I just wish she would notice me, and return my feelings.” He said. Leeteuk placed a hand on his back.

“I know I may seem kind and uncaring about this but you have to move on. Sunyoung is happy and Tao is a good kid. I don’t want to see him get hurt. I also don’t want to see you get hurt.” He replied.

“What would you know?” Siwon mumbled and Leeteuk sighed.

“I know a lot more than you think.” He replied and walked out the room, leaving Siwon sitting on his bed.