Chapter 5

Arranged Marriage with Who? { OFFICIALLY ON HIATUS }

After another hour at the shopping centre Tao rang up Kai to come pick them up. The couple waited for a while and soon he pulled up in the car; she got in the back while Tao opened the door for her. On the car ride home Kai pestered them with questions and jokes. She rolled her eyes at the majority of the jokes and let Tao hand the questions. He pulled up outside the dorm and she got out, going into the dorm.

“Sunyoung-ah thank god you’re here we were stuck with all these boys.” Sunny said and rushed over. Sunyoung laughed and the boys protested, feeling offended.

“Feel sorry for me I now have to live with them.” She replied and Sunny laughed. Tao hugged Sunyoung from behind, giving her puppy dog eyes.

“I’m not that bad, am I?” He asked and she rolled her eyes.

“No you’re not but you’re still a major sleaze ball.” Sunyoung replied and everyone laughed at Tao.

As the girls left Sunny pressed a piece of paper into Sunyoung’s hand. “Call us if you ever need someone to talk to.” She said and gave her a hug. She hugged her back and did the same with Tiffany and they left, waving goodbye.

Later on most of the boys were playing a tag team racing game on the T.V while she was curled up next to Tao on the couch, her legs tucked up next to her and her head resting on his shoulder. She would be laughing at the antics of the boys while Tao stared adoringly down at his girlfriend. Every now and then he would rub her back or tuck some of her hair behind her ear. Sunyoung looked up at Tao and said what she was thinking out loud.

“I want to go back to school tomorrow.” Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned around to look at her.

“No. I don’t want you to get hurt.” Tao said firmly and she looked at him.

“I don’t remember your manager say that I can’t go to school. Plus I need some normality in my life.” She replied coolly.

“Like I said yesterday they’re going to eat you alive.” He responded.

“And like I said, I need to see Miyoung. Either way, I’m going whether you like or not. I wasn’t asking you if I could go I was telling you I was. We aren’t married yet Zitao, you can’t make decisions for me.” With that, she got up and stormed through her room, laying down on her bed.

Tao was still sitting on the couch shocked. Everyone was still where they were and were staring at the hallway where she had stomped off.

“You can’t be so restricting Tao. She has to learn some of this stuff on her own. All this has caused her stress and she has been subjected to a lot of change.” Kyungsoo said as Kris stood up.

“Where are you going?” Tao asked him and he began to walk up the hallway.

“I’m going to talk to Sunyoung.” He said as he disappeared from sight.

She heard a knock on the door. “Go away Tao!” She grumbled and a voice answered her.

“It’s not Tao I’m much prettier.” Kris said and she let him in. Sunyoung sat up and Kri sat at the end of her bed. “You know Tao’s just trying to look after you” He said and she rolled her eyes.

“Did he send you in here to talk to me? Because if he did I don’t want to hear it.” She said.

“I came in because I wanted too. He didn’t mean to sound controlling he was just worried.” Kris replied and she nodded. “Can you forgive him?” He asked and Sunyoung nodded again. He gave her a small hug then left.

“She forgives you.” Kris said to Tao.

“What did you say to her?” Tao asked and Kris shook his head.

“That’s between me and her.” He replied and everyone settled back into what they were doing before it happened.

The next morning she got up and got changed into her school uniform. As she walked out into the kitchen, Kyungsoo placed some food in front of her. “A healthy breakfast for a school day.” He said and she smiled at him.

“Thank you Kyungsoo-ah.” She replied and looked around. The boys were all shirtless again. “This is going to take some getting used to” She mumbled as Tao walked in, hesitating once he saw her. She finished her breakfast and got up, taking her bag and kissed him on the cheek.

“Wait I’ll take you to school.” Tao said grabbing a shirt and his keys.

“I’m coming!” Sehun said.

“And I’m coming too!” Luhan said as he stood up.

Tao rolled his eyes and they all grabbed shirts.

Tao pulled up outside the school and turned to Sunyoung. “Are you sure that you want to do this?” He ask and she gave him a look. “Okay, shutting up” She jumped out the car and Sehun got out as well, giving her bag to her. She heard someone yell her name and she got tackle-hugged from behind.

“Hello to you too Mi-Young.” She said with a small laugh, hugging her back. She let go and stared open mouthed as Sehun handed Sunyoung her bag and Luhan poked his head out the window.

“We could be a bit late picking you up as we have a schedule but we will be here just wait inside the school gates the paparazzi can’t really harass you in there.” He said as his arms hung out the window. “Do I get a goodbye?” He asked and held his arms out for a hug, With a laugh Sunyoung leaned in and gave him a hug, taking her bag and hugging Sehun afterwards.

“So they get a goodbye and I don’t?” Tao said as the passenger window rolled down.

“Well get out then I’m not walking around onto the road!” She replied and Tao laughed, climbing out and walking around the car to embrace her. He kissed her lightly then ran his fingers over the bracelet, touch lingering as he got back into the car and drove off. Sunyoung turned back to look at Miyoung and everywhere people were staring, mainly girls.

“Let me see that.” Mi-Young said and lifted her wrist to study her bracelet. “Wow that must’ve been expensive!” She said and she nodded. “So did you see the newspaper this morning?” She asked and she shook her head.

“No I was too busy getting ready and eating breakfast.” Sunyoung replied as she began to walk into school.

“Well they had a whole two page spread of pictures of you and Tao. Oh, and congratulations on your first autograph.” She said and she smiled.

Someone must’ve tipped off the paparazzi that Sunyoung was out and about as they swarmed the school gate. She was walking out of the building with Miyoung, slipping through the crowds of students trying to leave.

She smiled as a familiar car pulled up outside of the school.. “I’ll see you later bye!” She said and waves goodbye to Miyoung. Tao got out of the car and pushed through the crowd to hold onto her, pushing through the paparazzi until she was in the safety of the car. Sehun grabbed her bag and put it in the back between himself and Luhan.

“How was your day?” Tao asked as they left.

“It was good. No hassles, although Miyoung did have a lot of questions to ask.” She answered and they chuckled shortly.

Shortly after they pulled up outside of the dorm and walk in..

Kyungsoo greeted them at the door. “We got a call from the manager. We have been invited onto a talk show tonight and they want you with us, Sunyoung.” She looked shocked.

“I can’t do that! I can’t even stand up in front of the class to so a speech!” She protested, placing her arms across her chest..

“You’ll be fine.” Tao said and hugged her reassuringly.

“Plus the SNSD noonas are going to be there!” Chanyeol said cheerily. She sighed and agreed, which made them all cheer.

The next few hours were spent with the boys prepping her for the interview. They told her what to do and what not to do, how to act and how to avoid answering a question she doesn’t want to ask. She sighed in exhaustion.

“You didn’t think you would have to learn that much just for a little interview.” She said and there was laughter all around. A horn honked outside and everyone walked outside and into the waiting van. The whole ride there she was nervous and no matter how many times Tao told her that she would do fine, but it never calmed her down. They reached the TV station and she got out in awe, staring at the building. Tao chuckled and held her hand as he led her inside.

A squeal of ‘Sunyoung’ echoed down the hall as Sunny came running out of a room and hugged her. She laughed and hugged her back as Tiffany ran out to join in. They dragged her away from EXO and into the room where the rest of SNSD were to introduce everyone. After introductions, another group soon came in making her turn around and stare in awe again. A few members of Super Junior walked in laughing. The greeted the girls as Siwon turned to her.

“Hey who’s this?” He asked as he walked closer, reaching out to play with Sunyoung’s hair. Kyuhyun slapped his hand away.

“Don’t you know? That’s Tao’s girlfriend.” He said. Siwon placed his hands behind his back, whistling like he did nothing. “Sorry about him. I’m Kyuhyun.” He said as he introduced himself.

“Ah it’s okay he wasn’t harming anyone. I’m Sunyoung.” She replied and Siwon smiled.

“See I wasn’t harming her!” He said and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

“Yeah but it was probably going to be you that was going to be harmed.” Kyuhyun said and a voice came from the doorway.

“Damn right.” Tao said as he came and wrapped his arms around her waist protectively. She grumbled and wriggled out of his grip.

“She’s pretty cute Tao. You got lucky there.” Siwon said as he winked at her. “I’ve been hearing all about TaoSun. It’s all over the newspapers.” He said and she nodded.

“Sunyoung-ah, we have to get going. We’re due for hair and make-up in five.” Tao said and she waved and said goodbye to everyone. “It seems you are quite popular here.” He said and she laughed.

“It seems it.” They walked into their room and everyone chorused their welcomes. Sunyoung stood near one of the corners, shy until a girl came up to her and gently ushered her into a chair so she could do her hair. Sunyoung sat down and she started playing with it, slowly working it into a braid.

 All the while she was doing her hair, Tao kept staring at her from the other side of the room where he was getting his hair done. The girl finished and another, one elder than the last, came and began to do her make up. Tao, having completed it all, walked over and sat in the chair beside her.

“I don’t have to do much, she’s pretty enough as she is.” She said to Tao, and Sunyoung blushed as he smiled at her.

“I know.” He replied with a wide grin.

One outfit change later and she was standing with EXO waiting to enter. Tao held her hand and she squeezed it gently as they went out on stage.

A few questions about EXO’s comeback, Tao’s and Sunyoung’s relationship and scandals later, she and EXO swap with Super Junior. Sunyoung was relieved to finally get out of there.

“You did well.” Kyungsoo said as he gave her a small hug. They headed back to the room they began in and picked up their belongings.

“Hold on I have to say goodbye to SNSD unnies.” She quickly ran to their room and said goodbye. Tao came to get her and everyone headed outside, piling into the van. In the car it was almost dark and Sunyoung rested her head on Tao’s shoulder, quickly falling asleep. Smiling gently, Tao picked her up and took her inside upon arrival of the dorms. Tao took her through to her room and laid her down on her bed, placing a small sweet kiss on her forehead.

Back out in the lounge, Tao sat down on the couch.

“She was exhausted. Although I was rather proud of her, being able to handle that situation so easily.” He said as he smiled at the others. Everyone began to laugh. “What?” He asked.

“Dude, you are so whipped.” Baekhyun said to him between laughs.

Sunyoung shuffled out of her room, rubbing her eyes. “Do you have to be so loud?” She mumbled sleeping as Tao got up to hug her.

“Sorry.” He apologised and she hugged him back as he sat back down, Sunyoung positioned on his lap. “Do you want anything?”

“Yeah. Sleep.” She replied and curled up on his lap. There was a knock on the door and Kyungsoo got up to answer it.

“She’s cute when she’s tired.” A familiar voice said and she looked up to see Siwon and Kyuhyun walking through the door.

“Thank you.” Sunyoung muttered a reply.

“Thank goodness you didn’t bring everyone. We have hardly any room for fifteen people, never mind twenty five.” Kyungsoo said as Kyuhyun laughed.

“Everyone else is out in the car we aren’t going to stay long we just wanted to see how Sunyoung-ah was after the show. Doing your first interview takes a lot out of you.” Siwon said to her. “So how are you?” He asked as he sat on the couch next to her and Tao.

“Tired. Wanting to sleep. Wanting to talk to Miyoung.” She mumbled, barely lifing her head from Tao’s chest. Siwon laughed and petted the top of her head.

“Well I guess we will see you another time little one. Maybe when you are more awake.” Siwon and Kyuhyun left with a goodbye. Everyone went to bed after dinner while Tao stayed there, Sunyoung fast asleep on the couch. He eventually fell asleep on the couch with Sunyoung lying closely beside him.