Chapter 9

Arranged Marriage with Who? { OFFICIALLY ON HIATUS }

She was a bit shocked. She was sharing a room with Tao. Not just a room, but also a bed. Sure they had both slept on the couch together before, but this was different. How would she be able to sleep, knowing Tao was less than three centimetres away from her? Sighing, she looked at herself one last time in the mirror before deciding not to leave the room. The boys had invited her to go swimming with them in the hotel’s pool. She didn’t want to be seen in her bathers; it made her feel exposed. A light knock was heard on the door and she went rigid.

“Sun-Young can I come in?” Tao’s soft voice somewhat relaxed her.

“Yes.” She replied, but not very loudly. The doorknob turned and she turned away so her back was facing the door.

“What’s wrong?” He asked concerned. She just shook her head.

“I don’t want to go swimming.” After a moment Tao caught on and wrapped his arms around her, resting his chin on the top of her head.

“You’re embarrassed, aren’t you?” He said and she nodded. He laughed and turned her around so he could admire her. He frowned slightly, making her feel more self-conscious. “You’re right. I don’t want you going out looking like that. I don’t want the guys staring.” He said and she laughed a bit. Going into her suitcase, she pulled out a light and breezy dress and pulled it on over top.

“Better?” She asked and he smiled.

“A little bit. The boys are still going to stare but there’s nothing I can do to help that.” He said and he kissed her cheek. “Just wait here. I’ll get changed and we can leave together.” She nodded and waited patiently sitting on the bed. A few minutes later he came out of the bathroom in board shots and no top. She frowned and tugged on his hand.

“I think you might have to put on a shirt. I don’t want a bunch of girls staring at you.” She said jokingly and laughing slightly, making him laugh and kiss uer.

“I’ve missed your laugh and smile so much it hurt.” He whispered a few centimetres away from her lips. A bang on the door resulted in them jumping apart guiltily.

“Both of you stop making out in there and come out and enjoy the sun!” Kai yelled out and wolf whistles and laughter can be heard. Tao laughed and took her hand, opening the door and leading her outside. The wolf whistles stopped for a bit while everyone took in her appearance before they start up again.

“Come on Sunyoung!” Tao said, taking her hand and pulling her to the pull. He tried to pull her into the water but she fought back.

“No I don’t want to go in!” She said laughing. He grinned devilishly and picked her up, jumping in with her in his arms. She laughed as she resurfaced still in his arms. His hair was dripping and he smiled a heart-melting smile at her. “Huang Zitao I am going to kill you!” She said between laughs.

“No you won’t. You love me too much to kill me.” He said and pulled her under the water with him again, but this time kissing him deeply and passionately. She came up to the surface for air as the other boys take running jumps in, sending wave after wave over her head. Chanyeol, Kai, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Sehun and Luhan laughed as they surrounded her and separate her from Tao and she saw Xiumin, Suho, Kris, Chen and Lay surround Tao.

“What are you doing?” She asked but they didn’t answer. She turned to tao and used her aegyo.

“Kai oppa why are you doing this?” She asked and he faltered.

“It was Kris’ idea. We were going to separate you both and then keep you away from him for the rest of the day.” Kai said mumbling under his breath.

“Why would you do that?” She replied and he shrugged.

“Kris said he wanted to talk to Tao without you being there. It must be pretty important.” Luhan said as she allowed herself to be dragged along. They climbed out the side of the pool and helped her out, Kyungsoo handing her a towel to dry herself with. Tao and Kris were nowhere in sight. Sighing she allowed herself to be dragged away on a whirlwind adventure.

Meanwhile, Kris and Tao were in Kris’ room. Tao was sitting patiently, waiting for the other to break the silence.

“Tao I wanted to know something.” Kris said, avoiding his gaze.

“What is it?” Tao asked and Kris looked him in the eyes.

“I know it is unnatural of me to care, but when’s Sunyoung’s birthday?” He asked bashfully and Tao stared at him for a bit before bursting into laughter.

“That’s all? I thought you wanted to talk about something serious!” Kris laughed a bit too. “Anyway her birthday’s six days away.” Kris looked up at Tao shocked.

“How are we meant to plan a party with that much time left?” He said and Tao shrugged his shoulders.

“You have Kyungsoo. He can easily do it in three.” The boys stood up and lft.

Meanwhile he was hiding from the group. She was too tired to play and all she wanted to do was curl up with Tao on the bed and watch a movie. A hand tapped her on the shoulder and she squealed, jumping and turning around to face the person. Tao was standing there, a bit taken aback. She hugged him quickly.

“Sorry!” She quickly apologised, making him laugh.

“It’s okay. How about we go watch a movie?” He suggested and she nodded, taking his hand as they walked to their room.

A few minutes later she was curled up in Tao’s arms, watching a romantic movie.

“This movie isn’t boring, is it?” She asked him and he shook his head as she turned her attention back to the film. Truth be told, he wasn’t even watching the movie. He was watching her instead, and watching how she reacted to the scenes.

The door suddenly burst open with a bang and Chanyeol came rushing in.

“Tao we’ve lost Sunyoung!” He said worriedly and she looked up at him.

“Hi Chanyeol.” She said then turned back to the movie. Tao smiled and Chanyeol stoof there  for a second before turning and leaving.

“Did you find her?” Kyungsoo asked running up to him.

“She was with Tao. The whole time we were searching for her. They’re watching a movie.” He replied, shaking his head. “I can’t believe we didn’t think of that first.” Kyungsoo nodded.

“We should’ve known.” He said as they walked off.