Chapter 14

Arranged Marriage with Who? { OFFICIALLY ON HIATUS }

And that’s exactly what happened. She woke up in hospital to the faces of three worried people. Tao wasn’t there. One of the males ran outside, leaving her with the remaining two. She attempted to sit up, but was immediately pushed back down.

“Don’t sit up just yet, wait for the doctor.” She looked to the right and saw the familiar face of Kyungsoo, and soon found the other person to be Kai.

“Where-Where’s. . .” She found it a bit hard to talk, but Kyungsoo knew who she was searching for. He wordlessly gestured towards a chair in the corning as Kai moved out the way to reveal a sleeping Tao. The bags under his eyes were more prominent, leading Sunyoung to believe he had had many sleepless nights. Kai made movements to wake him but she shook her head. “No, don’t. He needs the sleep”. Kyungsoo nodded in agreement. Even though she was taking softly, Tao woke with a small groan. His eyes immediately flickered over to her, and he stood so swiftly that the chair was pushed back against the wall with a thud. He rushed over to her side, almost knocking Kai over in the process.

“Sunyoung! Oh my god, you’re awake!” He cupped her face and stared at her intently, checking her over for injuries. “Does anything hurt? Do you want me to call the nurse? I should probably call the nurse anyway since they told us too when you woke up.” He stopped to catch a breath which gave Sunyoung a chance to speak.

“Zitao calm down and take deep breaths.” She stared at him pointedly until he finally started listening to what she was saying. After a while he leant down and kissed her, not caring that Kai and Kyungsoo were standing there watching. He pulled away after what seemed like ages and caressed her cheek.

“Thank god you’re okay. Do you know how scared I was? I thought you were never going to wake up” He blinked back tears, but a few escaped and rolled down his cheeks slowly. She lifted a shaky hand to wipe them away before smiling back at him.

“I would never leave you!” The enthusiasm with which she said this made him smile.

“Yeah, I believe that.” He brushed her hair back as the nurse came in. The nurse and the doctor ordered everyone outside, including Tao, and ran the usual tests. The doctor shone the lights inter her eyes and checked for any kind of sickness. He cleared his throat and whispered a few things to the nurse before she hurried out. He cleared his throat once more before turning to her with a huge smile.