Chapter 6

Arranged Marriage with Who? { OFFICIALLY ON HIATUS }

Sunyoung woke the next morning to see another face, one that was staring directly back at her.

“Good morning” Tao said with a small smile as he pushed her hair out of her face. “Sleep well?”

“Yeah~ Did you?” She replied with a small yawn, Tao smiling as he cupped her cheeks.

“As long as I know that you are safe and well I can sleep perfectly” He replied, bringing her face to meet his lips in a sweet lasting kiss. He shifted slightly, holding onto the back of her neck to deepen the kiss as a voice piped up.

“Would you mind not making out on our couch? We actually have to sit there, you know.” Suho’s voice pierced the moment and the couple jump apart guiltily. She flushed red and hid her face in a couch pillow as Tao chuckled at the comment.

“Just because you’re way past your time gramps doesn’t mean that we can’t have fun.” Tao said, an apple quickly being thrown over to narrowly miss his head. “Oh gramps, you shouldn’t have.” He said and took a bite out of the apple. He offered it to her and she took a small bite. “Sunyoung-ah, today I'm going to be really busy so I arranged for Sunny and Tiffany to pick you up from school. Is that okay?” He said and she nodded.

“Yep! I haven’t seen them since yesterday.” Sunyoung sat up and climbed over Tao to stand up. The rest were up and eating breakfast, a few waving cheerily at the female. “I’m not hungry so I'm just going to have a muesli bar, okay?” She said to Kyungsoo. He nodded and she turned to the others. “I’m going to catch the bus today so bye!” Before Tao could protest she was already waving and out the door. Sunyoung didn’t have to wait long for the bus. The doors opened and she got on, paying for a ticket and hearing a few whispers as she walked down the aisle. As she neared the back of the bus a few boys sitting in the last seat eyed her up. She sat in an empty seat beside the window and pulled out her phone as it buzzed from a text.

Have a good day at school; don’t let anyone bother you on the bus. Sunny and Tiffany will be waiting outside the school gates for you.

Tao xoxo

She smiled and put her earphones in. A few minutes later the bus pulled up outside the school and she walked off the bus to be greeted by Miyoung.

“Do you want to meet Sunny and Tiffany unnie after school? Because they’re picking me up.” Sunyoung asked her with a smile.

“Oh my god, really? You better wait for me.” She said then rushed off to her class. Smiling to herself, Sunyoung made her way to her own class, sitting down with a sigh as he phone buzzed once again. It was Sunny being her usual cheery self.

Sun-Young, Siwon and Kyuhyun are coming with us to pick you up and afterwards we’re taking you out for a bit.

Sunyoung frowned a bit. She would have homework to do, and she couldn’t afford not to do it. She quickly typed back a reply.

Unnie I can’t I’ll have homework.

Just before class starts she Sunny replied.

Then work hard to finish it during class. Fighting!

Sunyoung sighed and paid attention as the teacher walked through the door.

After school she waited outside of Miyoung’s classroom for her to come out. She soon exited and they began to walk down the hall as Sunyoung remembered about the text

“Oh yeah I got a text from Sunny.  Siwon and Kyuhyun are going to be with them as well.” She said as she walked out the front doors and looked towards the gates. “I can’t see them.” Sunyoung said and a voice came from behind.

“Turn around Sun-Young-ah.” She turned around to see Siwon and Kyuhyun leaning against the main building. “Were you finally able to get to sleep last night?” Siwon said giving her a hug that she quickly returned.

“Yeah, especially after you guys left. How loud can you guys talk?” She said with a small laugh, hugging Kyuhyun.

“Sorry. Sunny and Tiffany are in the car.” Kyuhyun said and Sunyoung turned to Mi-Young.

“Ah this is my friend Mi-Young. We’ve known each other since we started school.” She said and the boys greeted her.

“She could come with us if you want.” Siwon said and she nodded, looking at Miyoung.

“I’ll just have to ask my dad.” She said and walked a bit away as she called her dad, returning a few moments later. “He said it’s okay as long as I get my homework down when I get home.”

“Well come on then!” Sunyoung said, Kyuhyun and Siwon leading the way to the car. “Hey Tiffany! Hey Sunny!” She said cheerfully and getting in, Miyoung following behind with the two males. “This is Mi-Young. Siwon-ah said she could come with.”

“It's fine with us. The more the merrier!” Tiffany turned around to introduce herself.

“So where are we going?” Sunyoung asked.

“We’re going to our dorm. Tao’ll pick you up once he’s finished.” Sunny answered and she nodded in reply.

“What about those two?” She asked and Siwon played offended.

“Yah! I’m older speak respectfully to me.” He said and Sunyoung rolled her eyes, sticking her tongue out at him. “Disrespecting your elders . . . you just wait until Tao hears about this.” She laughed.

“You know he’s probably going to laugh and congratulate me.” She replied and Siwon grumbled, knowing what Sunyoung had said was true. Sunny pulled up outside of the dorm and turned to look at the people in the backseat.

“I don’t know if they are still here but SHINee were here. I think Taemin and Key had to leave but I'm not sure about the others.” She said and Miyoung looked surprised. Sunny looked at Sunyoung questioningly.

“She may love EXO but SHINee was her first ever group that she got obsessed with. They will forever be her number one bias group.” She explained and the girls chuckled.

“Diehard fangirl at heart.” Tiffany said and everyone got out the car, walking into the car. Minho was lounging on the couch like he owned the place with Jonghyun and Onew was sitting at the table, looking up from his chicken when the door opens. “We’re back! Jonghyun, Minho, sit up and leave some room for our guests!” They grumbled and sar up, making room. Tiffany ushered the younger two females to sit between Minho and Jonghyun as they look down at the two.

“This girl is shorter than me.” Jonghyun remarked, looking at Sunyoung with a wry smile. Sunyoung scowled in reply, lightly slapping his knee. Jonghyun looks at her shocked then laughed.

“She feisty.” He remarked and Minho looked over their heads. Sunyoung looked around and sigh, getting up to sit next to Onew.

“Hello.” He said as she sat down.

“Hey. Do you have any idea what I’m doing here, or what Tao is doing?” She asked and he looked nervous, shifting about and looked at the others for help.

“Well . . . Uh . . . You see he’s . . . Ummm . . .” Sunny walked in and covered his mouth.

“It’s a surprise. We aren’t allowed to tell you.” She said and Sunyoung slumped down disappointed.

“I don’t really like surprises.” She grumbled.

“Well I’m sure you’re going to like this one.” Sunny replied. Onew held out the last piece of chicken.

“Want some?” He asked.

“I’ll half it with you; I’m not that hungry.” She replied and he pulled it apart, giving Sunyoung half which she nibbled at.

“Look at you, bribing people to be your friends with chicken.” Minho said and Onew glared at him.

“Oh here. Tao dropped these off for you so you can change out of your uniform.” Tiffany said, handing Sunyoung a bag. “He just sent me a text so you can get changed now.” She took the bag and Tiffany showed her to her room so she could get changed. She pulled the outfit out of the bag and stared at it amazed. Inside was a dress, but it was beautiful. It was floor length and strapless, in a dark smoky blue colour. Along the heart neckline was a small heart shaped gap, and along the neckline was little pearls that had been sewed on. A soft white wrap and a pair of black heels were included in the bag with dress.

She slid into the dress and put the shoes on when there was a knock at the door.

“Can I come in?” Siwon asked softly.

“Sure.” Sunyoung replied and he entered. “Could you help me with the zip? I can’t quite reach.” She asked him and he walked over to her. He placed a hand on his bare shoulder and slowly zipped it up. Hesitating for a moment, he buried his face in her shoulder near her ear with a heavy sigh. She stiffened a bit, not expecting it.

“You look so beautiful Sun-Young-ah. I just wished I had found you before Tao did.” He said quietly in her ear before walking out. Sunyoung stood shocked, wondering if she heard him right. Did Siwon just say that he somewhat liked her? She shook her head to clear it as Tiffany walked in.

“Sunyoung-ah you look so pretty. Tao is actually good at picking out clothes.” She said as she sat her in front of the mirror on a chair. “I’ll do your hair and make-up for you.” She slowly brushed Sunyoung’s hair, placing soft curls in it and pulled it to one side, leaving the other side of her neck exposed. Once she was all done with her make up done Sunyoung could hardly believe she was still her. It was like a transformation had taken place. She had changed into a completely different person, but somehow she still looked the same. Sunyoung swallowed nervously.

“Do you think Tao will like it?” She asked Tiffany, who just smiled down at her.

“I think he will love it.” She said genuinely. Sunyoung put her necklace back on and slipped on her bracelet, which had hardly left her wrist since Tao bought it. Tiffany gave her an encouraging hug as Sunny called out.

“Sunyoung-ah, Tao’s here!” She was suddenly nervous again. She took the wrap and put it around her shoulders, slowly walking into the main room with her head down. Tiffany followed her through, giving her a small nudge.

“Lift up your head otherwise all that hard work I put in would’ve been a waste.” She said and Sunyoung slowly lifted her head to meet Tao’s eyes. He was speechless. She stood there shyly, not talking but smiling slightly.

“Okay you two leave already! We have work to do.” Sunny said and Tao snapped out of his trance. He offered her his arm and she took it, gently gripping it. Once out the door he turned to her.

“I am literally speechless right now. I knew you would look good in the dress but I didn’t know you would look this great. Park Sunyoung, you continue to amaze me.” He said fondly, his eyes full of love and kindness. She blushed and looked away, but he grabbed her chin and gently moved her head back to face him. “There is no turning away from me tonight. You look more beautiful than you normally do, and I want to be able to remember you forever.” Now it was Sunyoung’s turn to be at a loss for words. Tao was being more romantic than usual. Finally he turned away and started to lead her down the stairs.

“Where are we going?” She asked and he smiled, putting a finger to his lips.

“It’s a secret.” He replied. He led her over to the car and helped her in. “As much as I want to see your beautiful eyes, I’m going to have to cover them up, because I want everything to be a surprise.” He said and softly tied a piece of cloth over her eyes.

“Thank you for everything Tao. You spend so much on me, including time. In fact, you spend so much time with me I think the boys are missing you.” She said quietly, hoping it wouldn’t make him angry.

“You’re welcome. Money is nothing to me. But the reason why I am getting you dressed up and taking you to a secret place is because EXO and I, we have to leave for a bit. We have to go do a concert but I’m not allowed to bring you over until the week after because then we would’ve finished the concerts we have to do. I’m sorry. I honestly didn’t want to leave you here alone.” He said and she was quiet for a moment.

“Tao, it’s not your fault. It’s your career; you have to go where it takes you. And plus, we will see each other the week after so it’s no big deal. We will still get to see each other.” She replied and felt him lightly kiss the top of her head.

“That’s why I love you. You are always seeing the bright side. Anyway, we’re here.” He said and walked around to her side of the car, opening the door and taking off her blindfold. She stared at the place amazed. It was a big fancy restaurant, the kind that is only seen in movies. Tao chuckled at your face and held out his arm. “Shall we?” She nodded and slipped her hand through his arm again, walking through the giant doors. “Table for two, under Huang.” He told the person standing near the doors. The host nodded and lead them to a small secluded place to a table with candles burning. Tao pulled out her chair for her and she began to feel spoiled. All this because he’s leaving for a week. I’d hate to see what he’d do if he was leaving for a year. She thought and went to order but Tao ordered for her, knowing exactly what she would want.

“Huang Zitao, you know me too well.” She said with a small smile. He smiled back.

“I love it when you smile. You can light up a whole room with it.” He said lovingly. She flushed red slightly and thanked him. The food came and they are, occasionally pinching bits off of Tao’s plate and him doing the same, making her laugh. Once dinner is finished and the plates are cleared away, he took her out onto a huge balcony which stretches out to overlook a small river. She was hesitant to go near the edge of the balcony, even though it had a railing. “Don’t worry-I won’t let you fall.” He said and wrapped his arms around her wait from behind, and she slowly walked forward to grasp the railing, looking around at the landscape in front of her.

His eyes searched hers for a moment before he pulled her over near the orchestra. “Let’s dance.” She let go of his hands.

“No, I can’t dance.” She said but he took her hands again.

“Don’t worry about that; just follow my lead.” He said and held her in the right position.

“Or in our case the Beast leads the Beauty.” She said and he just laughed, starting to guide her. She tripped over a couple of times but got the hang of it after a while. He smiled down at her happy face, wondering how he was able to find someone like her.

She had forgotten what happened earlier with Siwon. All that she could think about is concentration on dancing and how good Tao looked in his tux. The song ended and Tao stepped away bowing, which she responded with a curtsy. He smiled and took her hand, pulling her closer so he could kiss her. The kissed seemed to go on for ages before he finally pulled away.

“Have I ever told you how much I love you?” He asked and she pretended to think.

“I believe you might’ve mentioned it a couple hundred times.” She laughed and smiled and he smiled back, hugging her.

“How about we go home now and relax for a bit. And maybe if you look cute enough, Suho might make us a hot chocolate.” He said as he led her back to the car.

When they got back, everyone stared in amazement as she walked through the door. She said hello then went to her room to change. She carefully hung the dress up in her wardrobe, getting changed into her pyjamas. She came out and sat next to Suho and Tao.

“Suho, can you please make Tao and I a hot chocolate?” She asked, looking at him cutely. He resisted looking at her, knowing he wouldn’t be able to say no.

“Why are you asking me?” He replied and made the mistake of looking at her.

“Because you make the best hot chocolates.” She replied and he sighed, standing up.

“I’ll make you one but Tao can make his own because of the way he treated me this morning.” He replied and Tao looked at her pleadingly.

“I’m sorry oppa but it’s every girl for herself when it comes to hot chocolate.” She replied.

“That’s the first time you’ve called me oppa.” Tao said and kissed her forehead. Suho came through with her hot chocolate and she hugged him as a thank you. Suho just grumbled but secretly smiled to himself, wanting to be more popular with him than Kyungsoo.

Finishing her hot chocolate she yawned sleepily. “I’m going to bed, good night.” She went through her room and fell asleep.

She got up in the morning, and being a weekend she took her time getting up. EXO was already running around packing. They finished and Tao kissed Sunyoung.

“I’ll see you in a week. Don’t hurt yourself and don’t get lost.” He began to rattle off a list of what to do and what not to do before she kissed him to shut him up.

“Tao, I know all this stuff. Hurry up and leave, you have to be at the airport soon.” He nodded and left with the rest, closing the door behind him. She laid on the couch and looked at the blank TV screen.

“Now what to do?”