Chapter 16

Arranged Marriage with Who? { OFFICIALLY ON HIATUS }

There was a rather heavy atmosphere in the dorm. She looked around, slightly frightened. What had happened? Was someone injured? Did someone set fire to the kitchen again? Kyungsoo passed by, so she gently grabbed his hand, making him stop slightly surprised.

“Oppa? What’s going on?” She questioned softly, searching his wide eyes for some kind of answer. He looked back, slightly shocked that she had asked this question. Everyone, including Tao, was avoiding Sunyoung today.

“It’s nothing you need to worry about saenggie. It will be fine, just go rest and everything will be settled soon.” Kyungsoo brushed a small piece of hair behind her ear, leading her back to the couch to lie down. “I’ll fix you something to eat, just stay here.” She observed him as he left to go to the kitchen, noticing the edgy way he looked around, as if trying to see if something that wasn’t there, was there.

“Weird” She muttered gently, and she reached forward to pick up the newspaper of the table, intending to read up about that occurred while she was passed out. However, the noise of the front door opening and clicking closed turned her attention as Tao walked through the door, hanging his scarf and jacket on the coat rack.

“Oppa” She said with a sigh of relief, intending to continue before stopping confused. He had a bruise surrounding his left eye, and a busted lip about two days healed. He shamefully turned his head away and began to walk off down the hallway, but not before she scrambled off the couch to grab his hand, holding him in place. “What happened?” Her fingers grazed the bruise lightly, making him wince at the soft pain.

“It’s nothing.” He mumbled softly, removing his hand from hers and continuing into his and Kris’ shared bedroom, locking the door behind him. She allowed her hand to drop limply to her side, staring with confused but hurt eyes at his bedroom door. Kyungsoo chose that moment to leave the kitchen with a plate of nibbles, placing a gentle arm on her lower back and steering her back to the couch.

“Don’t mind him Younggie, he’s just being your typical moody teenager” He offered his reassurances, passing her the food as she sat. “He’ll be as right as rain tomorrow morning” Kyungsoo pressed a kiss to the side of her head and left the room again. Placing the plate on her lap, she chewed on a slice of apple as she picked up the paper again, skimming through it. She froze once she came to the entertainment section.

----------

A crash and the bang of the front door being slammed open could be heard throughout the whole dorm. All the boys rushed out their rooms, or in Kyungsoo’s case the kitchen, into the living room to investigate whether you were hurt or not. Instead, they were greeted with the sight of a shattered plate with cheese and apple slices strewn across the floor. The front door slammed shut from the pure force of the wind as one of the boys picked up the newspaper that laid abandoned on the floor, opened to the entertainment section where pictures that had been manipulated from the time Siwon had kisses your cheek outside of the dorm littered all over the front page. Another bang was heard coming from the front door, and as the boys looked around they discovered Tao’s scarf and coat missing, along with the owner.