Chapter 1

Arranged Marriage with Who? { OFFICIALLY ON HIATUS }

“Miss Park!” 

The teacher snaps and she almost falls out of her chair. 

“Would you kindly tell me the answer to my question?” She racks her brain, trying to remember what he even asked in the first place. She glances over at her best friend, who is desperately trying to mouthe the answer to the female. 

“Uhhhh.... Cambodia?” She answers slowly, voice light as she braced for the reply. 

“Miss Park this is maths, not geography. Maybe if you tried to stay awake in class you would know the answer. Class dismissed.” The teacher waved his hand dismissively as the bell rings, everyone grabbing their bags and exiting the classroom.

“Cambodia?” Her friend asks her, raising an eyebrow as she obnoxiously smacked her gum. The girl just shook her head and opened her locker. “So are you coming with me tonight?” The friend asked, and the other look at her puzzled.

“Coming where?” Sunyoung replied, blinking blankly as she tried to think of any important events. Miyoung sighed and rolled her eyes, making a slightly disgusted noise.

“To EXO’s fan signing event tonight! I’ve been talking about it for the past week! God, what kind of friend are you for not remembering?” Sunyoung thought back to the many conversation within the last week. “And before you say anything, you know I can’t go alone because my parents won’t let me. They believe you are responsible because you live on your own and get good grades and apparently you’re a “good influence” on me. Heh, if only they saw you in class.” She said with a small scoff as Sunyoung sighed.

“Fine I’ll come. But you owe me.” She replied and Miyoung squealed.

“Of course. I’ll meet you there.” She said hurriedly before rushing off. Sighing and rolling her eyes at her friend’s enthusiasm she closed her locker and start to walk home. Sunyoung’s mind wanders off and she thought of her so-called ‘Prince Charming’. What does he look like? What is he doing right now? She wondered as she walked through her front door.

A few hours after homework and snacks, she begins to get ready. Slipping on a pair of black skinny jeans and a white tank top, she texts Miyoung that she was on her way and gets on the bus.

Reaching the event, she looks around curiously. Sunyoung had never been to a fansign before, due to lack of interest in modern pop groups. Sighing she heads over slowly as Miyoung waves her over. Just as she was about to open , the staff called out for the last people. Nervously Miyoung grips her friend’s arm tightly and drags Sunyoung up with her. Sighing, Sunyoung allowed herself to be pulled along as her best friend greeted each of them. Sunyoung did nothing but stand their boredly, snapping out of her thoughts as a voice piped up.

“Don’t you have anything you want us to sign?” One of the males ask curiously, a hand laying on the table ready to take whatever she would hand to him. She shook her head slowly, smiling politely as she declined his offer.

“No, thank you. I’m not here for me, I’m here for my friend.” She replied, gazing around as she brushed her hair out of her face. The male nodded in reply, still curious as he asked her another question.

“So do you listen to our music? We’re quite popular, all over the radio.” Again she shook her head.

“Ani, I don’t really listen to modern pop. I’m just here because her parents believe I’m responsible and wouldn’t let her come unless I came. So here I am.” Sunyoung replied with a shrug of her shoulders. He nodded silently, before holding out his hand to shake.

“Well, either way, I’m Tao. It’s nice to meet you.” She shook his head tentatively, soon withdrawing her hand to place it back in her pocket.

 “Sunyoung.” She replied, unable to avoid the idle chit-chat that was to come.

“Your necklace is beautiful, where did you get it?” The male by the name of Tao asked her, gesturing to the necklace. Sunyoung’s hand moves to touch it unconsciously before shrugging lightly.

 “Oh, it’s nothing really. Just something I was gifted as a child.” She replied with a small smile, and seeing her smile only made him smile more.

“It’s pretty. It reminds me of something my mother gave me.” He stated, taking out a necklace like hers, except on a thicker chain. Thoughts of what her mother taught her flashed through Sunyoung’s mind but she shook it off as nothing - someone as famous as Tao wouldn’t be the Prince Charming she was looking for.

EXO stands up, waving goodbye as they exit. Miyoung linked her arm with Sunyoung’s, walking out to where her father was waiting with the car. A male with a hood on slipped past Sunyoung, slipping a piece of ripped paper into her palm before disappearing into a van. Waiting until she was in the car, Sunyoung opened it up, rereading the letter a few times before the message sunk in.

Sun-Young we need to talk about the necklaces. Call me as soon as you can.

Tao.

At the bottom was a phone number. She glanced at the van the male had got in, before being told that they were at her house. Hurrying out and saying her goodbyes, she rushed in and looked at the time as she debated whether to call or not. Sighing silently, she dialled the number and wait anxiously. A voice soon answered after the third ring. “Hello?” The voice from earlier was slightly husky, and she guessed he was half asleep. “Tao, it’s Sun-Young. What's so important?" Sunyoung questioned him softly. "I think this would be easier to say in person. Can you meet me tomorrow?" He asks and she pauses to think. "Sure. I’ll be there." He tells her a small café they will meet at, and then they hang up. Going to bed, she wondered what could be so important. Why does he want to talk about the necklaces? Sighing, she rolled over and fell asleep, holding the necklace.

P.S

This is actually an update; I’m currently re-writing my chapters so I get used to writing again.