His Friends

How to be a Good Wife 101 (discontinued)

-2 weeks later-

"I do."

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Chanyeol bit his lip as he looked at you.

"Am I...am I allowed to do this?" You closed your eyes and inhaled deeply.

"Yes." you gave him a curt nod as you opened your eyes.

He leaned down and gave you a quick peck before taking your hand and guiding you down the altar. The crowd was jeering at the short kiss, but that little contact sparked something in the pit of both Chanyeol and your stomachs. 

The both of you then made your way to your new house for a small gathering. 

 

**

Haera's POV

I'm married now.

All those tests I took back in the academy were just starters. This was the main course. Its time for the real exam. To see how good of a wife I can be. You can do it, Haera. Fighting!

I walked into the walk-in-wardrobe in our room and watched Chanyeol fiddling with his tie.

"I-uh...Chanyeol-sshi...do you need help with your tie?" 

3 weeks of wedding preparations and we only met each other on two occasions, so we were still a little awkward but it was the job of the wife to make situations comfortable for both herself and her husband.

"Oh," he turned to look at me. "Haera you're here...yeah I guess I could use some help." I sent him a small smile and traipsed towards him. I was busy fixing his tie when I felt his stare on me. I looked up and was met by a big set of jet black eyes. I cleared my throat and averted my gaze as I felt the blush creeping up to my cheeks.

"Is there something bothering you, Chanyeol-sshi?" he stayed quiet for a few seconds before responding.

"Yeah..."

"O...kay? What is it then?" I asked as I straightened out his tie and reached out for his coat from the nearby rack.

He put on his black blazer and brushed the dust off his shoulders. He turned to face me again and gave me an unreadable expression.

"Nevermind, its nothing..." he said as his eyes scanned me from head to toe. I was wearing a white dress with blue and black patterns, with a tinge of pink essence.

 

 

He gulped and suddenly gave me a boyish smile. I laughed at his actions and tilted my head questioningly.

"What?"

"Nothing! I just wanted to say that um...you...uh..you...you look really good today." I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear as I bowed a little.

"Thank you, so do you." Chanyeol grinned and held out his arm. I gladly took it and daintily walked out of the room with him.

**

We descended down the stairs and were immediately greeted by guests. I was overwhelmed by the amount of people who came. Chanyeol sensed that and tightened his grip on me.

"Chanyeol, I'm not used to socialising. My mother usually talks for me. I don't do it much and I'm scared."

"Its okay, they're nice people." he whispered as he led me through the crowd of people who were waiting to bombard us with questions.

I searched for familiar faces but I saw none, apart from my mother and my mother-in-law chatting to several people in the room. Chanyeol stopped abruptly when a group of boys approached us.

"YEOL!" Chanyeol pulled me behind him as he accepted the hugs they offered.

"Hey guys, good to see you here but wasn't the ceremony enough for you guys?" He teased.

"Aww come on, yeol. You know we never pass a good opportunity to eat!" A guy with dark hair and round cheeks replied while rubbing his tummy.

"Xiumin stop it, that's so unsightly." A pretty boy with light hair said before he socked the other guy's arm. 

"Yah. Luhan, I'm older than you."

"Oh so that's how you wanna play it?" 

"Both of you should shut up and let Chanyeol introduce his wife to us." Another guy, who was possibly taller than Chanyeol, glared at the both of them. Chanyeol smiled in gratitude as he pulled me forward.  

"Guys, this is my wife, Kang- oops no I mean, Park Haera. Haera, these are my best friends from high school." I bowed respectfully and beamed at them.

"Woah..." they all said at the same time. They continued to stare at me for a few seconds before Chanyeol stood protectively in front of me again. Thank God for Chanyeol, otherwise I would've have felt so... .

"Okay that's enough oggling. Why don't you guys introduce yourselves, I'm sure Haera would like to know your names. Let's start with the oldest." The guy with the round cheeks started first which startled me, because he looked like one of the younger ones. He cleared his throat and smiled cheekily.

"Hello, my name is Xiumin and I'm 23, but you can call me tonight." He winked which earned him slaps from all the other guys. I chuckled softly and shook my head. After him, was the pretty boy with light hair. I was shocked again to see that he was one of the oldest when he looked like the youngest. These babyfaces. 

"Hello, I am Luhan and I'm 23 as well. Ignore my hyung here, he's just desperate for a girl." he pointed to Xiumin and I laughed.

"I'm Kris, and I'm 23." As he stepped forward in front of Chanyeol, my assumptions were right. He was taller than Chanyeol. In fact, he was the tallest among all of them.

"Nice to meet you Haera, my name is Suho. I'm 22." He was one of the shorter ones in the group. I was just about 2 inches shorter than him, and I was 174 cm.

"I'm Lay. I'm 22."

"Hello I'm Baekhyun! I'm 21 and its real nice to meet you."

"You can call me Chen. I'm 21 too." 

"My name is Kyungsoo, but you can call me D.O. That's what they all call me, anyway. And I'm 21 years old."

"Hi, I'm Tao and I'm 20." Finally someone my age.

"Hello my name's Jongin but you can call me Kai. I'm 19." I was not expecting that deep of a voice to come out of a face like his. But then again, Chanyeol has surprised me once too.

"Hello I'm Sehun. I'm 19 as well. Its nice to meet you." They all looked at me expectantly, as if they were waiting to hear my voice. I clung onto Chanyeol's arm as I hesitated to introduce myself. They watched as he turned around to assure me with a smile. I nodded and stepped forward.  

"Hello everybody, it's been a real pleasure getting to know Chanyeol's friends and I hope we can be friends as well. I'm Haera and I'm 20. I hope you guys can take care of me well and that we can spend time together, all of us." I finished as turned back to Chanyeol who grinned back and gave a thumbs up. I bowed to them and retreated back to my place behind him. I tugged on Chanyeol's sleeve and he turned to me. 

"I-I'll go meet my mother for a few minutes. You entertain them, okay?"

"Will you be alright?" he asked and I smiled at his concern for me.

"I'll be fine." I said as I walked towards my mother near the dessert table. 

**

Chanyeol's POV

I watched worriedly as Haera made her way through the crowd to her mother at the other end of the room. What if people talk to her on the way there? Will she be alright? Should I be the one to save her from talking to them? I snapped back to reality when I heard Kai's voice.

"She's pretty." I turned to him and wagged my finger at him.

"Out of bounds. She's mine." Kyungsoo scoffed at my reply.

"He's so protective of her already." 

"I can understand why. I mean look at her, she looks like a model for heaven's sake!" Luhan exclaimed.

"To be honest, yeol. She's waaaay out of your league." Xiumin exaggerated as he slung his arm around me.

"Yeah, and she's totally in your league, hyung." I replied sarcasticly.

"Of course! Look at me, I'm gorgeous." That earned him another 11 slaps from all directions.   

"Anyway, she's a nice person. She's definitely wife material, I mean, she did graduate from the wife academy after all." I admitted

"What's the wife academy?"

"Its a place where they teach girls how to be good housewives. I mean, that's not really necessary but I guess, some parents just want their daughters to grow up as housewives, you know." I shook Xiumin's arm away.

"Anyway, you guys enjoy the food, I have to get ready for flight preparations tonight."

"Ooh honeymoon time." Kai sniggered.

"Ha Ha, very funny. But nothing's gonna happen..." Suho came over and patted my shoulder.

"You can never be too sure." Then they all burst into laughter. I tried to fight the familiar red tint that was making its was up my cheeks but failed terribly.

"OOH OUR YEOL IS BLUSHING~" 

"Ugh, just go do your own things, sheesh. I'll catch up with you guys soon." I muttered as I saluted them and walked away.

"Yeol!" I turned around and saw my mother rushing towards me. 

"Oh? Omonim."

"Yeol, your father has requested for you to leave now, in order to catch the plane. Bid him goodbye why don't you."

"But Haera-"

"She's greeting him now."

"Without me?"

"Yes so please make your way upstairs now." She said as she pulled me to the guest room, where my father was currently lying at. Upon special request from the hospital, they gave him one day away from the hospital to attend the wedding. He wasn't allowed to socialise because his immune system was low which meant he had to be kept in confinement. I knocked on the door twice before opening it.

"Abeonim?"

"Chanyeol-ah." He smiled as I entered. He was looking better today, much in a good mood.

"How are you today?" I asked as I kneeled down next to the bed.

"I'm feeling slightly better than yesterday." he stopped and looked at Haera who was standing at the foot of the bed.

"Your wife is lovely, Chanyeol. She'll treat you well, I'm sure." he whispered.

"Hm, I agree too." I glanced at Haera and smiled at her. She smiled and shyly tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Well, I guess you should start making your way to the airport, or you'll miss your flight. Use the back door on your way out"

"Okay abeonim. Take care of yourself while we're gone. We'll come visit you in the hospital when we're back." he patted my head and smiled. I stood up and offered my hand to Haera. Confusion flashed across her face but she intertwined her fingers with mine anyway. She bowed respectully towards my father and immediately followed me out the door. We bid goodbye to our mothers and made our way towards the back door.

"Where are we going?" she asked as we walked down the stairs leading to the back entrance.

"We're going on our honeymoon." I said as I unlocked the back door only to unravel a sleek black porsche.

"Woah..." I marvelled at the car in front of my eyes. I ran my hands against the shiny texture of the branded car in front of me. I immediately snapped out of my daze and opened the door for Haera. The chauffeur at the front greeted us as we got in.

"W-we're going now? Tonight?"

"Yeah, when else are we going?"  

 "Uh..."

"Don't worry, Haera." I smiled as I watched her tuck a strand of hair behind her ear again for the nth time.

 

She was just so beautiful...and now she was all mine.