His Second Wish

How to be a Good Wife 101 (discontinued)

Narrator's POV

The sun rays streamed in through the windows and the bright daylight awoke Haera from her slumber. She sat up groggily while rubbing her eyes which refused to open. She squinted at the bright sunlight and sighed. She draped her legs over the side of the bed as she sat up; careful not to wake her sleeping husband. She traipsed down the stairs as she bunned up her hair, preparing to cook breakfast for him.

It was their last day there and Haera was determined to do something memorable for their trip - that is until Chanyeol woke up an hour later and suggested they do something she really loathed.

"S-swimming?" 

"Yes! Swimming! I haven't been swimming for a long time and I heard that the swimming pool here is magnificent. We should totally check it out!" he was excited, enthusiastic even; while Haera was merely wringing her hands behind her back unsurely.

"Um...I-"

"Aw come on, Haera! It'd be fun!" she looked at his twinkling eyes and hopeful expression before her shoulders subtly deflated. She let out a small sigh. She could never bring herself to wipe that smile off his face, ever since she laid eyes on those pair of lips. It was like he was a child stuck in an adult's body. 

"Okay, fine."

 

Remember when I said adult's body? Scratch that - a really hot adult's body.

Chanyeol came out of the room shirtless with only his swimming trunks on and a towel draped over his shoulder.

His clean cut abs shone and his muscular arms seemed to appeal to Haera as her eyes were glued to his physique. He wore a grin on his face as he examined Haera's petite body.

She wore a loose tshirt with shorts and he found it utterly amusing that she was going swimming in that.

"Haera," he began, trying to stifle his laughter. "You're going swimming in that?"

She checked herself unsurely.

"Um...yes?" she fervently hoped that her attire would act as an excuse for her not to swim.

"I saw a few bikinis in the walk-in-wardrobe, why don't you go wear something from there? I'm pretty sure they won't allow you in the pool without proper swimwear."

Oh boy, Chanyeol seemed to be the epitome of persistance.

She disappeared into the wardrobe only to come out in a bathrobe. Chanyeol burst out into laughter at her refusal to let him see what she was wearing; her excuse being 'You'll see it later'.

And with that, out of the room and into the elevator they went only to click the  button which had the POOL sign next to it.

There weren't many people in the swimming pool at 7 in the morning, but there were a few early risers who were either basking in the glory of the morning sun, or taking a refreshing morning dive.

Chanyeol dropped his towel onto a nearby beach chair and jumped in without any hesitation.

He watched as Haera shyly took off her bathrobe and stood there; hopelessly embarrassed at the attention she was receiving from the small amount of people present at the pool.

She wore a plain blue halter neck bikini which was had a mid-riff and her hir was tied into a loose ponytail; showing off her lean body and her curves. Chanyeol gawked at her appearance as he treaded in the water.

She was stunning, really. 

Not to mention attractive.

 

Really attractive.

 

She edged closer to the water before she halted in realisation. She looked down to see the markings of the depth. 

 

1.8 metres.

 

'What the heck am I doing?' Haera thought to herself.

She audibly gasped and backstepped before falling straight down into a beach chair. She buried her face in her palms out of embarassment. Chanyeol got out of the water immediately; genuine concern evident on his face.

"What's wrong, Haera?" he whispered as he kneeled down in front of her, taking her hands away from her face and holding her gaze.

"I-" she started as she looked down at her hands and breathed deeply. 

"I have a bad experience with water..."

Chanyeol stared at her in obvious confusion. His eyebrows furrowed but gaze softening, he tilted her chin up so that she was staring straight into his eyes.

"Then why didn't you tell me earlier?" he asked gently.

"You seemed so excited to swim, I just wanted to see you happy." she shrugged, slightly trembling.

"I'm sorry. Do you wanna leave?" he whispered in guilt.

"No, you should go swim. I'll stay here."

"It's no fun without you." she unconsciously smiled at his words.

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol. If I knew how to swim, I would accompany you." Right there and then, Chanyeol had his second wish. He snapped his fingers and jumped up in delight. 

"I'll teach you!" 

"What? No I-"

"I wish you'd get over your fear of water." She visibly stiffened. 

"You can't deny a wish can ya?" he sneered.

She cringed at the thought of being in water as her memories came flooding back into her mind.

 

She gasped for air as her head bobbed up and down the water.

"Omma!" She choked. A figure was swimming towards her as she struggled to keep her head above the water. She recognised the face of her father as he pulled her over his shoulder. He swam back to shore and pumped the seawater out of her system. She coughed up a lot water before passing out.

The next thing she remembered was waking up in a hospital ward surrounded by her family.  

 

"Chanyeol, I can't promise you that I can get over my fear of water so soon. The last time I went into the water was like when I was what, five?" 

"Well the difference now is that I'm here with you," he began as he took her hands again, pulling her up with him. "And I'll make sure nothing bad happens to you." he smiled encouragingly. She pursed her lips in contemplation for a few good long seconds. Her eyes darted down to their entangled hands as she felt Chanyeol squeezing them in reassurance. She looked back up to see his determined eyes and she nodded.

"Fine, but only because you said that you would ensure my safety." he smiled in excitement as he began dragging her along.

"Let's start with the shallow end shall we?"

**

"CHANYEOL!!!"

"Haera you-"

"OPPA NO!!"

"Haera would you just-"

"OMMA!!"

"YAH! It's barely 1 metre and you're screaming already?"

People around them watched in amusement as Haera weaved through the 1 metre part of the pool; clutching onto Chanyeol's strong arms in fear of slipping. 

"It's too deep already..." she pouted. He chuckled at her unintentional cuteness and shook his head.

"Trust me." he gave her a gentle smile and her heart involuntarily fluttered. Unconsciously, she found herself nodding back at his statement. She bit her lower lip in anxiety as Chanyeol tugged her arm, slowly pulling her to the deeper end.

She let out a surprised squeal once she couldn't feel the floor beneath her feet. They were definitely in the 1.7m part as the water level only reached Chanyeol's neck. Panicking, she threw her arms over Chanyeol's neck and started to whimper in fright. Chanyeol froze. Heat instantly rushing to his face as Haera clung to his body for dear life. He noticed her trembling and immediately snapped out of his daze to comfort her. 

Putting one arm securely around her waist, and the other pulling her head towards his neck, he hushed her as he waded back towards the 1.5 metre mark where her feet could feel the ground. He rubbed her back soothingly before letting go of her body to examine her face. 

"That wasn't so bad was it?" he laughed a little, wiping a stray tear that was making its way down her cheek.

"Don't...make me do that again..." she mumbled, with her arms still wound tightly around his neck. Chanyeol's heart ached to see her trembling so badly. 

"I think we've had enough for the day. When we go back home, I'll make sure your fear of water will be gone." he beamed as he carried her by the waist and walked back up to the shallow end. Once they were out of the water, Haera shyly retracted her hands back to her sides and bowed. 

"Sorry you didn't get to swim."

 

 

 

a/n: Okay so many things to say to all of you!

Okay so firstly, thank you to all my subscribers, you all really mean a lot to me. Even though I don't reply to comments due to my busy schedule, I look through all of them I really do and you don't know how happy I am to read them. It's so encouraging to read all your comments so please don't stop commenting (:

Secondly, thank you to the three users who have upvoted my story! I really love you guys. I hope everyone else can upvote too (; *hint*

Thirdly, please do check out my other stories because I'm trying out different writing styles right now so I hope you enjoy reading! And thank you to those who HAVE subscribed to my other stories.

Lastly, if you haven't watched EXO's live performances for growl, you probably live in a black hole. They're just so hot i asdfghjklaklakkldljfafjldgjllglslklksjaljsjkjdkkjkggjl

Congrats to my boys for their first and many more wins to come!!

I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. I'll be studying for my exams this coming week so I hope you'll be patient until the next update (: I love you all <3