His Family

How to be a Good Wife 101 (discontinued)

"Honey I'm home~" Chanyeol chuckled at the cheesy line and hung his coat up on the rack.

"Haera?"

"Upstairs!"

Chanyeol undid the cuffs on his sleeves as he walked up to their room. He found Haera on the bed her gaze never leaving the tv screen which was showing a telecast of inkigayo. 

"Oh, so this is what you've been doing while I'm at work, huh? Watching Taeyang on tv." he raised an eyebrow jokingly.

"Well this song is nice." she smiled as she got off the bed to help undo his tie.

"Ringa Linga? Suho hyung seems to like it a lot too." Chanyeol chuckled as he recalled his hyung getting scolded by Kai because of singing that song in public.

"What else am I supposed to do around the house anyway? Oh, and I just wanted to tell you that I'll be making my way to your mother's house from now on after you leave for work."

"Eh? Why?"

"Yura unnie says she needs the company. It's not like you let me do anything around the house anyway."

"Ah that's right... okay that's fine then. I'll drop you off on my way to work from now on." he agreed as he finished ing his dress shirt. He took it off and Haera shyly looked away.

She felt a tug on her shoulder and before she knew it, she was facing a half- Chanyeol. He draped his dress shirt over her body and buttoned them up. His eyes met hers and he smirked.

"But you'll still have to bring me food." he winked before grabbing his towel and disappearing into the bathroom.

Haera exhaled loudly the moment he left and shut her eyes tightly. She turned off the tv and lay down on the bed. She took a whiff of the shirt and it smelled just like Chanyeol's cologne. She snuggled under the covers as she fell asleep to the scent of her husband.

 

The next day, as she promised, Haera came over to Chanyeol's house after he had left for work that morning.

She fluffed up the hem of her dress and combed her fingers lightly through her hair. She had to look presentable for her mother-in-law.

She rapped on the door twice before it was opened by one of the housemaids.

"Please come in." she bowed.

Haera bowed back in respect and clutched onto her handbag.

"Is Mrs Park home?"

"Yes. But Ms Park has left for work. Hansoo is in the kitchen with Mrs Park."

"Ah yes, thank you." she said as she bowed again before making her way to the kitchen. She spotted the familiar short brown bob that Mrs Park was sporting and bowed immediately.

"Omonim, I've come to visit."

"Omo, Haera-ya you didn't tell me you were coming." she said as she stood up to give her a hug.

"I wanted it to be a surprise. I told Yura unnie yesterday that I wanted to come though. Chanyeol never lets me do anything around the house anyway." she smiled as she hugged her mother-in-law.

"Auntie! Hi!" Hansoo greeted as he clung onto her leg. Haera laughed and bent down to give Hansoo a proper hug.

"How have you been, omonim?"

"I feel better after I realised that my husband deserves peace after much suffering. May he watch over us from a better place." she smiled as she put a hand on Haera's shoulder. Haera nodded back and smiled; grateful that they have gotten used to the absence of their father.

"So, how are your parents?" 

"They're overseas, they don't contact me much but they told me they're in Hong Kong, taking care of some matters at their main branch. But I'm used to it. I have Chanyeol now anyway, and I have you, and Yura and-"

"Me!" Haera looked down at Hansoo and nodded.

"And you of course, Hansoo."

"Ah, Haera. I almost forgot, we have an annual founder's meeting next week and the founders of Park Hotels are required to go. We are all going as a family, so I should get you a dress. I was just on my way out. Would you be a dear and take care of Hansoo while I'm gone?" Haera nodded and ushered her mother in law to the door.

"Omonim, if you don't mind, I would like to cook something for Chanyeol today. Do you mind if I use your kitchen?"

"Oh no, not at all. Please, my house is your house too. I'll see you later." she squeezed Haera's hand and kissed Hansoo before leaving the house. 

Haera closed the door and grinned towards Hansoo.

"Okay Hansoo, come and help auntie make some kimbap!"

"Mmkay..."

**

In a matter of hours, the two finished making kimbap and kimchi stew for Chanyeol and were in the midst of baking cookies. 

"Auntie! When we get to uncle's office, you must feed him okay?"

"But Hansoo-"

"You must act like couples in dramas!! You must feed him and take care of him and ppopo!"

"Ah Hansoo, it doesn't work like that-"

"Does so! Besides, I've never seen Omma do anything like that to appa, I want to see you do nice things like that to uncle Chanyeol!" he sighed and looked to the ground.

"I don't even remember my appa. Uncle Chanyeol was the closest thing to an appa. So auntie must treat him well, okay!"  Haera's gaze softened at the little boy.

"Auntie will try her best." she whispered as she pushed his bangs away from his eyes. 

The front door swung open and Mrs Park walked through the door. 

"Let's go kids, we're meeting Chanyeol for his suit testing. Are you done cooking?"

"Yes!"

"Alright, come along then."

**

They arrived at the dress parlor and met up with Chanyeol inside the shop. Chanyeol stood at the counter, clad in his grey business suit. His expression brightened the moment Haera walked through the door. 

"He didn't look this happy to see me before." Mrs Park whispered to Haera and the girl merely laughed. Mrs Park ordered for some dresses to be brought out immediately and the workers started to run around the store. 

"Hi." Chanyeol whispered as he stood next to Haera.

"Hi yourself." she smiled when she felt his hand intertwine with hers.

"Excited?"

"Hm? Kind of... I don't know."

"What's that in the bag Hansoo's carrying?"

"When we send you off to work then you'll know." she laughed as she watched Chanyeol pout. 

"You look like a duck." she commented and he gasped exaggeratingly.

"You wound me, Haera." He laughed before leaving her side to talk to Hansoo. Haera watched intently as Hansoo played Rock Paper Scissors with her husband and smiled at his childishness.

"Ani!!! Uncle you cheated! Let's go again!!" Hansoo complained and the pair began another round of Rock Paper Scissors.

"Haera! Let's go try your dress!" Mrs Park called and the said girl nodded her head, making her way to the dressing room.

**

Chanyeol clucked his tongue as he fiddled with his tie. He's never been good at it anyway, no matter how long it's been. It always ended up slanted. 

"Uncle you should- Auntie!! WAH!!! you look so pretty!!" Hansoo shouted in pure excitement.

He heard the curtain being pulled behind him and his jaw dropped as he turned around.

Haera,  his Haera, looked stunning in that long red dress which exposed her shoulders. She insecurely hugged her body with her arms. Chanyeol unconsciously walked over to her and pulled her arms away.

"Don't cover yourself, you look....beautiful..." he gaped at her as she shyly looked to the floor.

"You're just saying that." she frowned as she curled a strand of hair behind her ear.

"No, I'm not." he said firmly as he came closer towards her. "You're beautiful, and I love it that you're my wife." 

She looked up and locked gazes with him. He chuckled as he noticed the red tint creeping up to her cheeks. Haera shook her head and distracted herself from oggling at him in a tux by fixing his tie.

"You never seem to get this right." she muttered and he chuckled deeply as he gazed down at her. 

"You're absolutely right about that."

She smiled as they both turned to face the mirror. 

"Wah! my two favourite kids look adorable!" Mrs Park cooed and immediately went to pay for the dress.

"I like you a lot in this dress. You should wear it everyday."

"Are you trying to say that if I don't wear this everyday, you won't-"

"You look better in this dress than you do in my dress shirt, but hey, I'm not complaining if you want to wear my dress shirt everyday."

Haera blushed and cringed at how she fell asleep whilst still wearing his shirt.

"About that-"

"Like I said, no complaints. You look adorable in it. They'll be your new pajamas." Haera looked amused as he continued to babble on about how nice it would be if she wore his shirt to sleep every night.

"I'll even buy you a few more-"

"That's not needed."

"Eh?"

"You can just let me wear yours. If you wanted me to wear your clothes you could've just asked." she smiled playfully and walked over to Hansoo. Chanyeol's gaze followed her back as she walked.

"Okay, let's go kids, Chanyeol's going to be late for a meeting." He snapped out of his daze and glanced at his watch. 

"Shoot!" he exclaimed while rushing into the changing room.

**

"Here, lunch for you. I made extra in case the guys come over and disturb you again." Chanyeol smiled at his lunch box and looked up to meet her eyes. He took a step towards her and engulfed her in a hug. 

Haera's eyes widened yet she merely patted him on the back as he embraced her.

"Thank you." he whispered as he buried his face in the familiar crook of her neck.

"You're welcome, enjoy the rest of the day at work." He surprisingly pecked her on the cheek and grinned boyishly.

"I will now." he smirked at her before bidding goodbye to his mother and nephew. 

Haera stood frozen as she watched him walk into the main building. She ly when her name was called and there they were, her mother in law and her nephew, eyeing her knowingly with a smile on their faces. 

"W-what?"

"Nothing~ " they said at the same time and laughed together as Haera blushed and went back into the car. 

She touched her cheek and smiled when she thought about how much closer they've become since the start of their marriage.

 

a/n: hello my dear readers! I'm so sorry for the late update but I've been on holiday for the week so pardon my tardiness lol. Please comment on your thoughts about their relationship so far, questions will be entertained as well and please please please upvote if you think the story is good! Thank you! I love all of you ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ