His First Wish

How to be a Good Wife 101 (discontinued)

Narrator's POV

Chanyeol immediately perked up as he thought of a brilliant idea for a wish.

"Okay I'll use up the first wish for today!" He announced and Haera nodded.

"Fire away."

"Okay... let's see, I wish you would allow me to freely use skinship in public." Haera laughed at him and shook her head.

"Oppa, don't you already do that?"

"Just wanted to make it clear to you in case you won't allow me to use it in the future." he grinned. Haera discreetly rolled her eyes but a shy smile tugged on her lips as she looked down to her hands. 

"Okay."

"Great! Let's go shopping! I heard there are lots of places to shop here." he said as he got up on the bed and laid down.

"Now?" she asked.

"No, later." 

 

**

Chanyeol and Haera made their ways towards the convertible and they both got in as the chauffer opened the door for them.

"Mr Park, since you have requested to abolish your prepared tour of France,  I have been informed by your mother to follow you around everywhere you go."

"Hm, very well then Mr Song. You can pass me the camera when we go around. I'll take many pictures for my mother. But you shall hold it during our shopping spree, I'll need to carry a few things."

"Understood. Where to now, sir?"

"The city." Mr Song nodded and the car soon roared to life. 

"Hood up or down, sir?" Chanyeol looked at Haera who blankly stared back at him.

"Your choice." He smiled at her.

"Um, up please?"

"Yes, miss." Mr Song clicked a button and the roof of the car started to retract.

The sun was shining brightly today. They cool air and the warm sunshine gave them a refreshing feeling. The car started to move and the wind blew against them, making their hair whip against their faces. The drive to the city would be a long one, since their holiday inn was not in the central district. Chanyeol raised his hands up in the air as they entered the freeway. The scenery was magnificent.

They couldn't believe that they were here in the city of love. But they were not lovers. Not yet, at least. Chanyeol let out a goofy laugh as the wind tousled his hair in different directions. Haera looked at him in awe. He looked so carefree, it was hard to believe that he was actually the heir of a flourishing company. 

He turned his head and grinned at her. She momentarily stopped breathing. This grin, she had not seen, ever. All his teeth were shown and he was literally beaming in delight.

"Haera!" his low voice broke her from her trance. 

"Put your hands up! You almost feel like you're flying!"  She blinked back at him as he continued to smile to himself. 

"Yah~" he laughed as he lifted her arms in the air and flailed them furiously.

"O-oppa! This is embarrassing." she immediately pulled her hands back down as he let go of them. 

"So what? Nobody knows you! They shouldn't care whether we're crazy or not! Do it! I want you to. Plus, it'll make me happy." he chuckled loudly and Haera found herself laughing along with him.

The happy virus was spreading.

She bit her lip to contain her excitement. This was the first time that she'd actually be embarrassing herself in public. Usually, her mother would reprimand her for doing something so stupid to jeopardise her reputation, but like Chanyeol had said, nobody knew them.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to try, right?" 

"Right! That's the spirit! Mr Song, turn up the radio, please." Mr Song had turned to the radio station that was playing kpop and SHINee's 'Why So Serious' was playing. 

Chanyeol imitated Onew's high note as the song started.

"This song suits you perfectly, Haera!" He exclaimed and she giggled.

"What are you talking about?"

"You know, WHY SO SERIOUS?" he sang even though it wasn't the chorus yet. Haera shook her head and hesitated a bit before giving in.

"Oh whatever!" she threw her hands in the air as she felt the wind gently caress her palms. Her hair was flowing along to the direction of the wind and a cherubic expression could be seen on her face clearly. 

Chanyeol looked at her with a soft gaze. She was beautiful, really. No words could explain how beautiful she was but she herself couldn't see what was so special about her.

This girl was insecure. For some reason, he could see it in her eyes. She didn't know the reason why people were calling her beautiful and she only thought humbly of herself. She couldn't see that she was a goddess.

She was his goddess. 

And something about that realisation made Chanyeol happy that his parents had married him off to her.

They were like opposites, no doubt about it. She was shy, quiet, mature and had a very independent aura around her. However Chanyeol was loud, talkative and not to mention extremely playful and childish. Though, he did have a mature side of him and he knew that he had to work harder in showing that side of him during business meetings or business gatherings. 

Chanyeol saw Mr Song's camera in the compartment next to him and took it out. He glanced at Haera and watched as she slightly leaned back with closed eyes. He angled the camera towards her and clicked away. Her eyes shot open and she gasped.

"Oppa.. did you just take a photo of me?" she asked curiously as she glanced at the camera in my hand.

"Nah, just taking photos of the beautiful scenery." he blatantly lied. 

"Let me see." she said as she tentatively reached out for the camera.

"Nuh-uh. Not until the end of the trip." he pulled it out of her grasp. She pouted but nodded anyway. She threw her head back and ran her fingers through her black locks. Chanyeol held the camera up and took another two shots of her before really taking pictures of the scenery. 

"Here," he started. "Take a picture of me."

Haera carefully took the camera and Chanyeol did a peace sign as she clicked the button several times. Before she could check the picture, he snatched it away from her. 

"No cheating!" he teased. She blew a raspberry and crossed her arms before she frowned again.

"Fine." 

He savoured this moment where Haera was actually sulking away like a little child.

"Aww, don't be sad, Haera. I'll show it to you soon, just not now. I'd like my artistic qualities to be hidden from you for a little while." He taunted as he put an arm over the seats. As if on instinct, Haera shifted closer to him. 

She couldn't deny, she was getting a little cold by the breeze so she had come closer to Chanyeol. Chanyeol was a little taken aback by this but he understood immediately as she saw her shiver slightly. He smiled as he rested his hands on her forearm and rubbed them soothingly. He then took off his jacket and put it around her. 

"Oppa, you don't have to-"

"It's okay. I'd ask Mr Song to put the hood up but I like the weather." he smiled down at her and gently pushed her head onto his shoulder. 

"Sleep. It's going to be a long journey." she merely nodded softly and bit her lip shyly.

"Yes. If you get cold, take your jacket back." she suggested.

"It's fine, I don't need it." he said, his arm still tightly wound around her.

"You take a nap too, oppa."

"Okay." 

"Are you sure you don't need your jacket?"

"Sleep." he coaxed and she nodded tendely.

And his heart went ba-dump.

 

**

Mr Song had told him that they were almost there as he had woken up from the little nap. He was currently watching Haera sleep. He watched as her chest rose and fell to the rhythm of his heartbeat and he suddenly started to blush.

He brushed the flyaway strands of hair away from her face with his free hand before lifting up the camera and took a picture of her peacefully sleeping. He took out his phone and took a selca of her head on his shoulders and he smiled as he made it his wallpaper. 

He ran his fingers through her hair once, twice before caressing her cheek. He smiled discreetly and sighed in content. What did he do in his previous life to deserve such a beauty? 

"Mr Song, please lower the hood." 

" Yes, sir."

 

They had parked the car and Mr Song had followed them on their shopping spree, agreeing to take pictures and help with the bags. Haera had just woken up and was still a little groggy.

"Okay, so I need to buy something for Xiumin, Luhan, Kris, Suho, Lay, Baekhyun, Chen, D.O, Tao, Kai, Sehun, Mother, Father, Omonim, Abeonim, and my noona. What would be good, hmm..." he said as he took my hand and swung them carelessly.

"Um, how about souvenirs?" 

"Nah, they don't like those stuff."

"Food?"

"Don't think it will last them. The boys eat like pigs."

"Okay, then let's just buy them some clothes." she suggested as she rubbed her eyes with her free hand.

"Great idea!" he brightened before dragging her around the sidewalk. He walked straight into a Louis Vuitton shop as soon as he had seen it. He knew for a fact that they loved stylish clothes and well, Park Chanyeol was pretty stylish. 

The lady at the counter beamed at him as they walked into the store. 

"Bonjour." she greeted. Chanyeol and Haera gave her a small bow before continuing their search for the right clothes. 

"Ah, Kris hyung looks good in white so I'll just buy him one of these dress shirts. Hmm, I'll buy four then. One for him, one for Kai, one for your father, and one for mine." He said as he casually picked one up and motioned for the salesgirl to get him four of the same type of shirt. 

"I'll roughly gage the sizes." he continued walking around the store. He examined each shelf and he soon got two dark blue blazers for Lay and Chen, a pair of dress shoes for Xiumin and a pair of cuff links for himself. Haera watched as he swiped his credit card and paid the total amount of money. He noticed her staring and smirked. 

"What?"

"No nothing, it's just that... you took such a short time picking out stuff for your friends."

"Oh we're not done yet, dear. Oh Mercí" he said as he took his credit card and receipt from the salesgirl. We walked out and Chanyeol immediately spotted another shop.

"Let's go there!" he pointed. He tugged on her hand and she mindlessly followed.

"Aber..Abre...combi?"

"Abercrombie & Fitch" he fluently pronounced in English. He flaunted a boyish smile before leading her into the store. Haera sneezed as she was immediately engulfed in the manly fragrance of their perfume. There were some bare bodied men in the store and Haera let out a shocked gasp.

"Omo!" she quickly covered her eyes and Chanyeol chuckled animatedly. The guy with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes smiled at her. His toned body made Haera flush a little.

"It's fine, they're just the salesguys." he continued to drag her along the aisles.

"They come to work shirtless? That's weird." 

"You mean you've never seen the A&F guys before?" he asked and she shook her head violently.

"They have an outlet in Seoul. I'll bring you there sometime."

"To see... guys?"

"Yup. And to prove to you that I'm better looking than them." he stuck his nose high up in the air. Haera laughed and smiled up at him. She turned her head and was imediately greeted by a brunette who was wearing a short white dress.

"Hello, do you speak English?" she asked with a tinge of French accent behind her words. Before Chanyeo could reply, Haera immediately replied.

"Yes a little." She didnt like the way the salesgirl smiled sickeningly sweetly at them, mostly Chanyeol. 

"Do you need any help? I'd be willing to help you." she asked as she twirled her hair between her fingertips, obviously flirting with Chanyeol. Sure she was pretty, but Chanyeol had to admit, Haera was even prettier.

Ten times more, actually. However, Haera didn't know that and an obvious frown played on her lips. Chanyeol chuckled, seeing the crease between her eyebrows. She couldn't understand why the other girls just couldn't lay theirs hands off her man.

"Nope, I'm good actually. Me and my wife were just looking for one of those casual tshirts." Chanyeol said as he pulled Haera by the waist and pointed to the mannequin. Disappointment flickered in the girl's eyes as she sighed and motioned for them to follow her.

"Here they are. I'll leave you to it. Have a pleasant time here." she smiled sarcastically the both of them before stalking off in obvious gloom. Chanyeol looked amused by her childish behaviour and turned to see Haera playing with the hem of her shirt. 

"She was really pretty, huh?" 

"Her? Nah, you're much prettier." he admitted causing his cheeks to tint a bit. He was thankful for the dim lighting in the room. Haera on the other hand was bright red like a fresh tomato. Not only was it because Chanyeol had touched her in public, but also because he called her pretty. Somehow, she felt like other peoples' opinions didn't matter as long as she had Chanyeol with her.

"Let's get this over and done with." Chanyeol said as he kept a firm grip on her waist.

He picked out 2 navy blue, 2 black, one green and one maroon, shirts for Sehun, Luhan, D.O, Tao, Baekhyun and Suho respectively. He paid all at the cashier, where a girl with chestnut brown hair was checking him out. Chanyeol didn't notice but obviously Haera had. Darn why did he need to be so darn good looking?

Haera pouted unconsciously and Chanyeo noticed. He tapped her lips lightly. 

"Stop pouting I prefer your smiles." Haera immediately perked up and smiled at him. 

He had finished all his shopping for the guys and after having lunch, Chanyeol had asked Haera to help him choose an Hermes bag for each of their mothers and Chanyeol had also paid for it.

They were now walking out of the boutique and were carrying loads of bags. Mr Song wanted to carry some but Chanyeol insisted that he just continued to take the pictures. 

"Hey, you haven't gotten anything for yourself." Chanyeol noticed.

"Branded goods aren't my thing remember?" Haera replied but Chanyeol immediately brought her into one of the dress boutiques. He put his bags down and browsed through the clothes. He picked a simple white baby doll dress with sunflowers printed on it and immediately went to pay for it. 

"I hope you like yellow."

"Are you kidding me? I love yellow."

"Great! Then you can wear this all the time. Here's your souvenir, from me to you." he handed the bag to her. She was touched by his actions but sighed.

"I told you I don't like branded goods."

"Well get used to it, you're my wife now. You're expected to wear them." she frowned at him but accepted his present anyways.

"Thank you, Chanyeol." The way she had said his name so casually, melted his heart.

"No problem." he managed to voice.

**

They were soon back in their own suite and they were dead beat. Haera turned to her side and admired Chanyeol's sleeping face.

"Today was fun, thank you." she murmured as she soon fell asleep, realising that Chanyeol had unconsciously made her develop some infatuation for him already.

And him, her.