His Apology

How to be a Good Wife 101 (discontinued)

Haera closed her eyes as she lay on the hammock with a smile ghosting her lips. 

Ah, Bali. 

It was only the second day here and she already loved it. Dusk was fast approaching and Haera was beginning to wonder how much longer Chanyeol was going to take.

He had came back to the room late the day before, phoning Haera to order room service for herself and the moment she woke up, he was already bolting out the door. She wasn't expecting him to spend the day with her or anything but she kind of figured that he might've at least spared some time for her... 

But she understood how hectic and demanding his job was.

At that exact moment, Haera heard the door click open and she peered over the suspended cloth to see a handsome Chanyeol loosening his tie. 

"Missed me?" he asked with a playful smirk on his lips. Haera smiled and nodded eagerly.

"I'm tired, so don't mind if I do." She gasped as Chanyeol clambered onto the hammock with her, feeling the hammock tip over dangerously.

"Yah, I could've fallen off!" she raised her voice as Chanyeol gathered her in his arms. 

"Oh so we're on 'yah' terms now?" he mocked her as he pulled her close.

Haera laughed as she pressed an ear to his chest, listening to his heartbeat. The erratic beating of his heart made the girl smile when she realised that he'd probably ran back here just to see her.

"Wanna go for dinner?" he asked as he cupped her cheek and tenderly circles with his thumb.

Haera nodded. At least he came back in time for dinner. 

**

"So what did you guys talk about today? That was an awfully long time." 

"They've been thinking of building a water park and a sky resort on the hills around here but I'm not really sure if it'll be a good investment for the hotel, I mean there's already a beach and there are already beach villas so there's no use building a sky resort actually." Chanyeol shrugged as he chewed on a piece of his grilled steak.

"But i've decided to stick to the scuba diving idea so maybe next time we could come back for a new undersea adventure—" 

She gave him the are-you-serious look and Chanyeol shut up instantly. 

"Oh...whoops I forgot..."

"You're a jerk." she joked with a straight face and watched his face drain of colour.

"Hae, I'm sorry I—" Haera's tinkling laughter filled the entire restaurant with warmth as she tilted her head and stuck her tongue out. 

"I'm not mad."

Chanyeol's playfulness was obviously rubbing off on her. 

**

They walked along the shoreline hand in hand as Chanyeol pointed at the fireflies lighting up the dark skies. 

"They're pretty." Haera whispered as she reached out for the tiny little lights.

She felt the peaceful night breeze and the rhythmic sound of the waves evoked a strange mix of calmness and anxiety. She wished everyday with Chanyeol would be like this. But he couldn't afford it. He was the big boss now and Haera didn't want to be a hindrance to him. 

Chanyeol s an arm around her waist as Haera looked at her watch.

"What time are we leaving tonight?" 

"10."

"We should get going then, oppa." 

The couple took a last whiff of the salty sea air and made their way back to the suite. As Haera was about to pack her luggage, Chanyeol tackled her onto the bed in a big bear hug. Haera burst into a fit of laughter as Chanyeol tickled her sides. 

"Chanyeol, stop!" 

Chanyeol grinned down at her and kissed her nose. 

"I'm sorry." he apologised as he buried his head into the crook of her neck. 

"You've done nothing wrong." Haera replied in confusion as she ran her fingers through Chanyeol's soft brown locks. 

"I didn't get to spend time with you here, and I know how disappointed you are but.... I promise, next time okay?" Haera sighed and knocked his head. 

"Yeah you better be sorry. Now hurry up, we're gonna be late." 


a/n: hello my wonderful subscribers
 ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ I am back! And I hope you missed me a lot! Now remember how I asked for your opinions about deleting the fic. It was such a shocker to receive so many messages telling me not to delete the fic! you guys are the best really. So I've decided to keep the fic going till the end! I'm a little rusty after not updating and writing for one hell of a month, so if it's bad I hope you understand! I'll get my writing flow back real soon ((I hope))! Leave your comments and remember to upvote (*^_^*) ♡